When looking at PPFD and DLI for autos

If you're referring to my comments and advice re. the Migro lights, I did not argue that they're not "powerful enough". They certainly are "powerful enough" to grow cannabis. However, there are other lights that are commonly used in a 2' x 4' environment will result a substantially higher yield, all other things being equal.

The Migro Array for a 2 x 4 is a 260 watt light and the PPF is markedly lower than the PPF from the Atreum 3200 or the Growcraft X3. Migro lights are a brilliant design and they're inexpensive, one of the tradeoffs being that a 260 watt driver is used. That reduces manufacturing costs which allows Migro to sell a cheaper product. Shane recommends modest levels of light, he's created products that generate those levels of light, and he is able to undercut the price of competing products. The competing product are more powerful but, if growers are happy at 260 watts in a 2' x 4', Migro has an excellent product for those growers.

I probably should have been a little clearer. I don't need to go for max yield now that I will have 2 tents.

My goal for the 2 x 4 is to grow a decent crop of CBD dominant plants and my 3 x 3 for THC dominant.

This is still near the top of my list though.

I probably should have been a little clearer. I don't need to go for max yield now that I will have 2 tents.

My goal for the 2 x 4 is to grow a decent crop of CBD dominant plants and my 3 x 3 for THC dominant.

That's a nice light spread on that one! If you're not too worried about yield and wanted to save a few bucks, Mars Hydro has two 300w lights that are great in a 2x4; TSL-2000 and the SP-3000. Can also use coupon code, Goblin510, to save a couple more. Happy growing!

Sorry if my message didn't come across the right way and I do appreciate your follow up. Thank you for clarifying.

Two tents! My grow wedged into a garage and I have very little working space. I used to work in one of these so I can operate in cramped quarters but two tents, that's great. More power to ya!

"This is still near the top of my list though." - Check out this thread. I didn't know of the Atreum until I ran into that thread and @GreenBean has knocked it out of the park using one of their lights.

I'd be interested to see if you get foxtailing towards the end with that high of DLI..
There wasn't.

20230105_181758.jpg

Awesome and thank you. I have the same light in my 3x3 and new to this and have been reading a ton. saw some DLI charts and it seems many shot for 60 DLI late veg to mid flower and then tapper it off to 45 DLI atthe end is why I asked. I saw you were at 71 DLI correct?

Awesome and thank you. I have the same light in my 3x3 and new to this and have been reading a ton. saw some DLI charts and it seems many shot for 60 DLI late veg to mid flower and then tapper it off to 45 DLI atthe end is why I asked. I saw you were at 71 DLI correct?

At the very tips I was for sure.

Back