Why do people care about getting good ph for water used in final flushing?

I just put my 6 chickens into their new pen today, and my pitt bull got in there in the 30 minutes I was on the phone with my mom, and killed 5 of the 6 chickens. Raised them since April, just been a dinger of a day.
Sorry to hear too man. you going to get some more?

I just put my 6 chickens into their new pen today, and my pitt bull got in there in the 30 minutes I was on the phone with my mom, and killed 5 of the 6 chickens. Raised them since April, just been a dinger of a day.
That sucks dude. Sorry to hear :bighug:

I tested mine this morning to 6.5 because I always pH before putting anything in the res......only reason I'm doing a flush is I been getting some black ash residue left in the pipe and I read (bro science?) that it could be caused by left over nutrient residue.......so I figured I'd try it and see. Normally run nutes till the end.

Try a longer cure Bill, I get real white Ash at about 4 to 8 weeks in the jar (strain and hang time dependent)... also it depends on how tight that joint is rolled.

I believe flushing to reset the plant during a lockout is the thing to do but that’s about it. At any time you use water to flush or feed it should be in the proper range. If not, you would do more damage… say you have a problem and flush with 8.5 ph water. When flush is complete it would be nowhere near correct ph in the soil then you’d be fighting back at it with proper ph mixing into higher ph and thinking it’s proper ph all thru… (sorry, stoned..lol) but it would be off. I am sure there is some calculator that can figure it out for you but don’t know where you’d find it. Ph thru the grow then you can rule that out when you have problems. As far as experimenting… go for it! Twist, turn, poke, probe… whatever. We wouldn’t have many things if people didn’t experiment.

Try a longer cure Bill, I get real white Ash at about 4 to 8 weeks in the jar (strain and hang time dependent)... also it depends on how tight that joint is rolled.
Currently smoking APK from 4 months ago in my pipe, still getting black carbon residue left over.

Back