Why do people care about getting good ph for water used in final flushing?

I am sorry you are not getting the replies you hoped for, but most of the growers on this site consider these settled issues. Healthy ph ranges are always the way to go, and flushing with only ph adjusted water is not necessary or advisable.

You seem to have decided something and are looking for people to agree with you even though a master grower has kindly tried to correct you (thanks @Son of Hobbes ). If you really want to have this discussion I suggest you go post it on Roll it Up and I am sure the trolls and the bro science goofballs will have a field day.

good luck!

Not needed in general. If you aren't growing optimally then it is about the only time you would to get the pH/ec correct. Doesn't have any benefits unless you're fixing a mistake. We aren't statistically inclined to answer how many growers do this or that.

The "perfect" amount of nutrients is subjective, what one plant may tolerate another pheno may not but that's what observation is for. No one's going to arrest you for using a different dosage than what the manufacturer recommends.

How do you know it's overfeeding and not an environmental or pH related issue?

Again, we aren't statistically inclined to answer.

You use the correct pH and the correct level of nutrients with a large volume of solution. Or you buy a Bluelab moisture content sensor to take the guesswork out and catch issues before they become problems.

Why are you doing so much arguing?

No. No. No.

You can't get rid of the "excess" stored in the plant tissue. Why do you think it stores to begin with?

What judgement comes into to play to believe that you need to flush towards the end? Sounds to me like you intend to starve the plants for no reason until they die. For what? Idk.

Flush when you're having problems.

I have some plant biology plants you may be interested in.
Make that two expert growers.
thanks @Death The Cultivator

I am sorry you are not getting the replies you hoped for, but most of the growers on this site consider these settled issues. Healthy ph ranges are always the way to go, and flushing with only ph adjusted water is not necessary or advisable.

You seem to have decided something and are looking for people to agree with you even though a master grower has kindly tried to correct you (thanks @Son of Hobbes ). If you really want to have this discussion I suggest you go post it on Roll it Up and I am sure the trolls and the bro science goofballs will have a field day.

good luck!

If people settle on some "truth" without being able to explain why that is true, then it should be questioned.

Its funny you claim im only looking for someone to agree with my view. When in reality you are the one who comes here to push some "truth" you cannot explain, while im only asking questions about what is the truth. Sorry dude, but you are the one who has some "truth" yo uare pushing, im only questioning your explanations. I dont make claims of it being better or worse to use higher PH water, i am only asking for reasoning for why people PH the flushing water, because it makes logical sense based on my somewhat limited knowledge. Thus far i have not gotten any solid reasoning that raises my level of knowledge and explains why using ideal PH for flushing a good idea.

Your problem is that you are talking about what you think is ideal with how you do things and you want people do the same. I dont care and i know people do things wrong all the time, i just want to know what is the actual truth. People have written tons of false info, like that you should always flush. This has been noticed not to be true, even tho it was widely thought to be the truth. Do you really think that we have figured out all the truths for 100% certainty and none of the currently thought "truths" cannot be false?

Ed Rosenthal was a real expert, no? Did he not say that you should flush? If so, thats how even the best of the best can make mistakes. Therefore some expert here without reasoning behind what they say, does not make any difference to me. Sorry experts, i bet you are good at growing, but as pointed out, even the best of the best can make mistakes. Logic and proven facts do not make mistakes. Im looking for those, not peoples opinions without solid reasoning or proofs.

Last edited:
Cool bro!
Sounds like you have it all figured out.

good luck!

I dont, and clearly you dont have either, because you are not able to explain any reasoning or give evidence or apparently even understand whats my point with all of this, as you say that i claim i have figured this out.

You can't get rid of the "excess" stored in the plant tissue. Why do you think it stores to begin with?

It accumulates inside the plant tissue and if you feed the plant too much, it will accumulate too much of it in its tissues and then you get for example nitrogen toxicity. Or is this not true?

If you stop giving a plant nutrients. Why do you think the leaves turn yellow, if it is not because the plant uses nutrients from the old leaf tissues to grow new tissue? (and yes i know not all nutrients act like this, but nitrogen does, hence the yellow leaf example)

Or do you claim that there is a threshold for nutrients inside plant tissue and if it gets too much of them, then they get locked and cannot be used by the plant anymore?

Or are you just trying to be smart and are talking as if im personally trying to remove the excess nutrients, when im talking about the plants using them?

Ugh…..
This “prove it” nonsense is typical troll bullshit.

There are no research papers that cover the subjects you mention, at least not that I am aware of, but I would strongly consider the opinion of a guys who has grown over 20000 plants to be seriously worthy of your consideration.

good luck!

Ugh…..
This “prove it” nonsense is typical troll bullshit.

There are no research papers that cover the subjects you mention, at least not that I am aware of, but I would strongly consider the opinion of a guys who has grown over 20000 plants to be seriously worthy of your consideration.

good luck!

You are the one trolling my topic, going off topic all the time etc. Now you accuse me of trolling when i had a valid question and did not like that people just say that X is true, without giving anything to back up their words and asked for explanations, rationale, logic or proofs. Why did you come to reply here if you got nothing to say about the topic? I dont appreciate that sort of trollish spamming. Also i have a hard time believing that you really did not know what i was saying. Yet you decided to try to troll me by saying that im saying something i did not.

I dont know if you really are that silly and projecting all the time, or if you are just a troll. Either way, please get out of my topic if you have nothing to contribute but empty words.

This thread is cracking me up! Ask question. Get an answer. Argue with said answer. Ask same question worded differently. Get same answer. Argue with said answer. Hilarious!

Personally I’d probably listen to the guy who’s grown 20,000 plants if he answered a question I had but this has been interesting. Amazing to me how much some of you guys know about the minutiae of growing!

Back