AFN Vibe Guardian
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
anything I can get my hands on!
Hey Now!
So here I am, I had been off the site for a bit, life gets in the way you know... Just about 420 day I came back and jumped right in to Live Stoner Chat, the deep end indeed. That's where I ran into @BigSm0 and his "Autocobs". He was having a contest for a giveaway and right then I decided I gotta get me some of these! And that's how it started.
I took advantage of the sale and bought a bundle of four complete lights. They came almost the next day! (advantage of living in the next state). It was love at first photon. I was like Oh Man!! I think it took all of twenty minutes to de-install the HPS cool tube and associated ducting and then 5 more to connect up and arrange the wires on the autocobs and zip-zop we had light! They have been running ever since. Heck I think I might even be able to get rid of the 4, 4ft. T5 that I have one of in each corner! Wow.

At this point I am convinced. The flowers are amazing at this point and it's only been about 24 days of these. The best is the temps. I built a 10'x10' room in my basement for gardening. I have two tents in there and it would get to hot to grow in the summer. Well it hit 92 F yesterday, both tent going 4 cobs in each tent. Room temp was 80 and the temp at the canopy was 85 F. How great is that!

If you have been following any of the threads here you prolly know I couldn't stop with the four autocobs. I went and bought four of the "almost done" heatsink/mount/COB combos for sale on the site. I purchased an appropriate driver to run all four. These are installed in the veg tent now.

I'll try to add some details later and a few pictures.

Hey Now!
So here I am, I had been off the site for a bit, life gets in the way you know... Just about 420 day I came back and jumped right in to Live Stoner Chat, the deep end indeed. That's where I ran into @BigSm0 and his "Autocobs". He was having a contest for a giveaway and right then I decided I gotta get me some of these! And that's how it started.
I took advantage of the sale and bought a bundle of four complete lights. They came almost the next day! (advantage of living in the next state). It was love at first photon. I was like Oh Man!! I think it took all of twenty minutes to de-install the HPS cool tube and associated ducting and then 5 more to connect up and arrange the wires on the autocobs and zip-zop we had light! They have been running ever since. Heck I think I might even be able to get rid of the 4, 4ft. T5 that I have one of in each corner! Wow.

At this point I am convinced. The flowers are amazing at this point and it's only been about 24 days of these. The best is the temps. I built a 10'x10' room in my basement for gardening. I have two tents in there and it would get to hot to grow in the summer. Well it hit 92 F yesterday, both tent going 4 cobs in each tent. Room temp was 80 and the temp at the canopy was 85 F. How great is that!

If you have been following any of the threads here you prolly know I couldn't stop with the four autocobs. I went and bought four of the "almost done" heatsink/mount/COB combos for sale on the site. I purchased an appropriate driver to run all four. These are installed in the veg tent now.

I'll try to add some details later and a few pictures.

Yeah bro the auto cobs are absolutely amazing!

Welcome to the AutoCOB family my man!! :smoking::biggrin::smoking::biggrin: @wwwillie

These are the ONLY lights we use - the adjustability alone is worth the ticket price, not to mention the incredible COBs themselves!! You made an excellent excellent choice!!!

You bet!
I really love them and the whole concept. I am currently working on some flower initiator lights now. Future plan is to incorporate all into a raspberry pi / arduino PWM controller type thingy to control timings and intensities etc. There are several reef and aquarium controllers that have lots of channels to do this kind of thing.
I love this stuff!

Can't thank you enough for the review @wwwillie. The day my first cob lit up I was convinced as well. Dozens and dozens of grows later the results are still in favor of the white light. This is when I noticed there was a place for a design like this. I can say it hasn't been easy but I wouldn't change it even if I could.

My pleasure!
It's easy when you have something as cool as these.
I still can't get over how easy it is to manage temps. with these running. I shut off the T5 I had in the corners as they were throwing a lot of heat. Now the temps to out at 85F, not bad for a warm spring afternoon.
You know it's funny, I had been toying with moving to LED exclusively but was not sure and put off by the expense. The combination of the white light COB and your marvelous design made it an easy decision. Then you had to have the "almost done" lights. Those were irresistible to me. The hard work of specifying and sourcing the heatsink, not to mention the COBs and holders was done, add to that the fact you really can't buy the parts for less... What's not to love?!!

8a3a17c1f1874842bd673a7abafae1f7.jpg

This one is from this morning.

eb45df52c0764d6bfdfeac7b78f7fc9d.jpg

This one is from the 10th. That's 15 days!!
That is amazing to me. You can see that is is the same flower by the tent support tube behind it. Wish I had a better picture from the 10th.

Back