Indoor 2nd Earthbox Garage Grow (Night Owl, Dark Owl, Gnome & Dream Beans)

3 of the 4 seeds have sprouted and are happy. DLI is around 17. Of course the most expensive seed (marathon og) is still hiding. Also it seems like when the seeds pop the fungus gnats show up. I’ve got sticky traps and plenty of mosquito bits in the soil. Will probably add more sticky traps and water with some MB tea soon. But not too soon so I don’t kill the sprouts. Anyways these fungus gnats are such persistent little fackers.

The Blueberry breath
IMG_2997.jpeg

Black strap
IMG_2998.jpeg

ZaMango
IMG_2999.jpeg

And the missing marathon og
IMG_3002.jpeg

I also like to slowly acclimate the sprouts to the tent humidity by slowly allowing more airflow in the very cheap and colorful humidity domes. Just prop them up little by little over a few days.
IMG_3001.jpeg

PS my iPhone 13 sucks including the crappy camera. My 5 year old cheap lg phone takes better pics. Only thing I like is the Photone app compatibility. Sry for the rant.

Happy growing!!!

BTI watered in every 2 weeks has completely eliminated gnats for me, I grow in sips as well,

I just let the Rez drain dry and water in my BTI and top dress or whatever is needed every 2 weeks

for awhile I was trying to just apply the BTI through the reservoir, but that obviously did not work as the gnat larvae lives in the surface of the soil

2 weekly applications break the cycle and I rarely see even a single gnat now

BTI watered in every 2 weeks has completely eliminated gnats for me, I grow in sips as well,

I just let the Rez drain dry and water in my BTI and top dress or whatever is needed every 2 weeks

for awhile I was trying to just apply the BTI through the reservoir, but that obviously did not work as the gnat larvae lives in the surface of the soil

2 weekly applications break the cycle and I rarely see even a single gnat now
Ya I have mosquito bits in my soil that should still be releasing BTI. But once the sprouts grow a little bit and I can water the earthboxes, I’ll definitely be using mosquito bit tea. BTI has been the best solution for me as well, along with those yellow sticky traps. But I do swear I have seen them come out of the over flow hole for the reservoir too. Sneaky little bastards. Thanks for the info mate :cheers:

Finally used my 4 ton dabpress I was able to get for really cheap on marketplace. Pressed 5g of bubble hash and got back almost 3g. Happy with those numbers considering I washed shake. Will turn this into rosin carts and smoke the rest.

The lighting made the rosin look really dark.
IMG_3006.jpeg

Better picture, it’s a really nice amber color.
IMG_3007.jpeg

Day 7
Day 7 for the 3 that popped last week. Gave the marathon og a week to pop through. After nothing I dug the seed up and it looked like a dud. All 3 of the marathon og seeds I got are pretty small and white. Tossed another one in today. Hope this one is viable. Before this dud I was 17/17 germinating seeds directly in soil :smoker1: I know it was bound to happen, it’s nature, but dammit. Had to be the most expensive seed I’ve purchased so far :cuss: 100% germ rate over 4+ grows is pretty solid and I have so many seeds now I need to start giving them away. That seed addiction is real.

Tent staying in the 70s, humidity is between 60 and 70 and DLI is just over 20 at this point.
IMG_3019.jpeg

Blueberry breath
IMG_3020.jpeg

Black Strap
IMG_3021.jpeg

ZaMango
IMG_3022.jpeg

My yellow cherry bush tomato popped before the marathon og (I’m not resentful I swear)
IMG_3023.jpeg

I also watered 2L of mosquito bit tea between all the pots including the tomato

Happy growing!!!

was 17/17 germinating seeds directly in soil :smoker1: I know it was bound to happen, it’s nature, but dammit. Had to be the most expensive seed I’ve purchased so far
That's rough :gassy1:...sorry to hear that.

I love the idea of seed from fridge to dirt, but having them pop a tail in a warm shot glass or wet paper-towel until there's a tail always makes me feel better planting. The not know for several days is too much for me :oops1:

That's rough :gassy1:...sorry to hear that.

I love the idea of seed from fridge to dirt, but having them pop a tail in a warm shot glass or wet paper-towel until there's a tail always makes me feel better planting. The not know for several days is too much for me :oops1:
Thanks, and I used to do the paper towel method, but I’m kinda lazy and popping em straight in the pot is super easy. But the waiting part is definitely the hardest. It’s gotten easier to wait the more I do it. Now I just trust the process and so far so good. I know 100% germination from any plant seed isn’t possible. You win some and lose some. Hope this marathon og seed pops this time.

Back