Indoor 2nd Earthbox Garage Grow (Night Owl, Dark Owl, Gnome & Dream Beans)

Day 7
  • Day 7 for the 3 that popped last week. Gave the marathon og a week to pop through. After nothing I dug the seed up and it looked like a dud. All 3 of the marathon og seeds I got are pretty small and white. Tossed another one in today. Hope this one is viable. Before this dud I was 17/17 germinating seeds directly in soil :smoker1: I know it was bound to happen, it’s nature, but dammit. Had to be the most expensive seed I’ve purchased so far :cuss: 100% germ rate over 4+ grows is pretty solid and I have so many seeds now I need to start giving them away. That seed addiction is real.

Tent staying in the 70s, humidity is between 60 and 70 and DLI is just over 20 at this point.
    IMG_3019.jpeg

Blueberry breath
    IMG_3020.jpeg

Black Strap
    IMG_3021.jpeg

ZaMango
    IMG_3022.jpeg

My yellow cherry bush tomato popped before the marathon og (I’m not resentful I swear)
    IMG_3023.jpeg

I also watered 2L of mosquito bit tea between all the pots including the tomato

Happy growing!!!

Day 1 and 9
  • We got life. Marathon og popped through this morning. Day 1

IMG_3025.jpeg

Not much to report on the others. Day 9 for them. Though everytime I check on the sprouts, I do me a bit of fungus gnat hunting. They like to land on the sides of the tent and are pretty easy to spot. I like to catch em with a sticky trap slap. Haven’t seen a lot of them, but I do enjoy catching a few here and there

BBB
    IMG_3026.jpeg

Black strap
    IMG_3027.jpeg

ZaMango
    IMG_3028.jpeg

I also got my Mars Hydro FC 6500 today. Haven’t had time to set it up but the box came with a nice ding in it. I think it’s on the side with the driver and extras so I may have gotten lucky. They also pack all electronics pretty well now. But I can’t remember the last time I got a package without some sort of damage on it.

IMG_3029.jpeg

Happy growing!!!

Top dress covers day 14
  • Day 14 for all but the marathon og. Decided to give the earthboxes a good watering, put a top dress on and cover them. I usually wait to top dress for the first time around day 30. I have two plants in the reg EB. Whenever I take the cover off, it pulls both plants towards each other and the stems are a little too flimsy around day 30. So we’ll see how the early top dress does.
    I added calcium silicate, ful-power humic acid and quillaja to the water. I use a 1 gallon sprayer, the jr got 1L and the reg got 2L.
    I mixed craft blend, kashi blend, and some mosquito bits in some buildaflower top dress.
    Sprinkled some mosquito bits on top too. Haven’t seen many fungus gnats lately. Sticky traps and BTi. Works like a charm.
    IMG_3042.jpeg
    IMG_3043.jpeg
    IMG_3044.jpeg

Blueberry breath seems to be a little sensitive to the light so I lowered the EB off the blocks
    IMG_3045.jpeg

Black strap
    IMG_3046.jpeg

ZaMango
    IMG_3047.jpeg

Marathon og day 6
    IMG_3048.jpeg

Covers on
    IMG_3049.jpeg

I accidentally clipped a bit of new leaf off when I put the cover on the ZaMango. Not quite a FIM. But damn I missed :doh:

IMG_3050.jpeg
    IMG_3051.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by. Happy growing!

Day 25 & 17
  • I love seeing the growth when you start filling the reservoirs up. They just start exploding. All ive done is add 1L of water with em1 to both reservoirs. I just filled the Blueberry Breath for a second time yesterday and will fill the regular EB again later today. Day 25.

IMG_3086.jpeg

Blueberry Breath, she’s taking off and not light stressed at all now.
    IMG_3087.jpeg
    IMG_3088.jpeg

Black strap, she’s looking a little light stressed now :doh:
    IMG_3089.jpeg
    IMG_3090.jpeg

ZaMango, both times I’ve run this plant she’s grown really easy and fast.
    IMG_3091.jpeg
    IMG_3092.jpeg

Marathon OG, looking a little sad but still growing. Since it’s the second seed out of a 3 pack I’m gonna let her do her thing. I’ve only watered with some recharge and calcium silicate so far. I will put the cover on her in a week or so. She’s on day 17 the little runt.
    IMG_3093.jpeg
    IMG_3094.jpeg

My training so far, leaf tucking. Usually give the lower nodes a chance to catch up. Sometimes I ponytail too, but havent done it on this run.
    IMG_3095.jpeg
    IMG_3096.jpeg

Happy growing!

Day 29 and 21
  • So i got a lot mites or some bugs in the two earthboxes. Not entirely sure what they are. I thought soil mites at first but after getting some help on here I’m not so sure anymore. Whenever some threat pops up in my grow I usually freak out at first and totally over think it, which of course I did. But after listening to a few folks on here I sprayed some dr zymes and took the covers off to let the top soil dry out a bit. I don’t see a ton of these little guys anymore. The plants look unfazed too so I’ll just keep an eye on em.
    IMG_3101.jpeg

Day 29 for BBB, Black Strap, and ZaMango
    IMG_3130.jpeg
    IMG_3135.jpeg

BBB biggest plant in the tent.
    IMG_3131.jpeg

Black strap, looking less stressed
    IMG_3132.jpeg

ZaMango got some white tips on new growth
    IMG_3133.jpeg

Day 21 marathon OG, I’m going to give her a good water then put the cover on tomorrow. She’s so tiny for her age but she looks like she’s growing outta the early stress.
    IMG_3134.jpeg

Tomato, basil and cat nip
    IMG_3136.jpeg
    IMG_3138.jpeg

The pup just can’t let the cat get some petting.
    IMG_3125.jpeg

Happy Growing!

Day 32 & 24
  • I sure do love these earthboxes, they just explode with growth. It’s amazing how much they have grown in the last 3 days. I’ve only been filling the rez with dechlorinated water, ful power humic acid, and em1. Both once a week.
    @Lil Dab @WildBill do you guys still add em1 to your rez? If so how often?
    IMG_3151.jpeg
    IMG_3152.jpeg

BBB
    IMG_3153.jpeg
    IMG_3154.jpeg

Black strap
    IMG_3155.jpeg

ZaMango still got those white tips on the new growth.
    IMG_3156.jpeg
    IMG_3157.jpeg

I also top dressed the Marathon OG with craft blend, kashi blend and buildaflower. Then watered it in with CalSil+, big6, ful power humic and quijalla and tossed the cover on. Coming back to life :stir:
    IMG_3159.jpeg

Happy growing!

Day 37 and 29
  • the BBB main stalk that I broke off is making a recovery. She looked really sad and droopy about an hour after it happened but a couple days later she is getting some vigor back. The canopy is more even now, mission accomplished….i suppose.
    IMG_3166.jpeg
    IMG_3167.jpeg
    IMG_3168.jpeg

All the plants are sucking down the rez water pretty quick and are packing on some size.
    IMG_3169.jpeg

Marathon OG is finally starting to grow too
    IMG_3170.jpeg

Happy tomato and catnip and basil too.
    IMG_3171.jpeg
    IMG_3172.jpeg

Happy growing!

Day 42 & 34
  • Took quite a few leaves and lower nodes off. Want to increase airflow and light penetration. I’ve been filling up the reservoirs every other day and have been rotating adding quijalla, ful power humic, and em1 each time. Wondering if it would be better to add all of those for 1 watering per week and clean water the other times? Plants seem to be happy now so I’ll keep rotating.

IMG_3205.jpeg

BBB is the best looking plant right now and getting some frost now. The broken main stem is making a nice recovery.
    IMG_3206.jpeg
    IMG_3208.jpeg
    IMG_3207.jpeg

Black Strap keep growing, I had to pull her main cola down to even the canopy.
    IMG_3209.jpeg
    IMG_3210.jpeg

ZaMango isn’t stretching anymore and is starting to stack. Smells like the nice rotten mix of fruit like the last one I grew. Yummy
    IMG_3211.jpeg
    IMG_3212.jpeg
    IMG_3213.jpeg

Marathon OG is small for her age but doesn’t seem runtish, just behind like she got held back a couple years. But we’ll see, I’m happy with her progress.
    IMG_3214.jpeg

Top dressed the tomato plant and she’s putting out some flower clusters. Can’t get my full tomato pic to upload properly so here’s the flowers.
    IMG_3216.jpeg

Topped catnip at the 8th node :haha:
    IMG_3217.jpeg

Basil got a top dress too but is looking a bit unhappy. Have always had a hard time growing basil. It’s like my kryptonite plant I swear
    IMG_3218.jpeg

Always a bummer when I have to cut these lower nodes off, but it’s for the greater good.
    IMG_3219.jpeg

Happy Growing!

Day 44 top dress
  • The regular earth box reservoir was empty so I decided to top dress. Took pictures this time.
    Top dress mix: buildaflower, 1.5 cups of craft blend and a sprinkle of kashi.
    IMG_3222.jpeg

Lots of clumps in the BAF.
    IMG_3223.jpeg

Gotta break those down.
    IMG_3224.jpeg

Add and mix the other ingredients
    IMG_3225.jpeg
    IMG_3226.jpeg

Next is the mix of stuff added to the 2L of water. CalSil+ from Bokashi EarthWorks, Big6 micronutrients, buildabloom & quijalla from BAS. I also went to my local ace to grab some more mosquito bits, but they only had the dunks. So I made some mosquito dunk tea before adding the rest of the mix. Never used mosquito dunks, but I believe it’s the same. Just BTi
    IMG_3227.jpeg

Hoping you can see the difference between before and after top dress. Before
    IMG_3235.jpeg
    IMG_3236.jpeg

After
    IMG_3237.jpeg

Love seeing the suds the quijalla makes
    IMG_3241.jpeg

Black strap nodes
    IMG_3230.jpeg

ZaMango nodes. This plant smells so damn stinky and good.
    IMG_3233.jpeg

Tent after everything was done.
    IMG_3242.jpeg
    IMG_3243.jpeg

Happy growing!!!

Last edited:
    Day 47 & 39
  • Just a quick update. We’re at my favorite part of the grow. I love it once they hit about 45 days. Start building the flowers and the smells. I could hang out in my tent all day. These pics were from yesterday which was day 47.
    IMG_3265.jpeg
    IMG_3266.jpeg

Blueberry Breath is my favorite so far. Giving off a nice blueberry funk and drinking the Rez up quick.
    IMG_3267.jpeg
    IMG_3269.jpeg
    IMG_3268.jpeg

Black strap is the biggest plant in the tent right now.
    IMG_3270.jpeg
    IMG_3271.jpeg

ZaMango smells great though this plant is significantly smaller than the last one I grew.
    IMG_3272.jpeg
    IMG_3273.jpeg

Marathon OG is making quite a comeback. I think it’ll give the black strap a run for the biggest plant in the tent.
    IMG_3274.jpeg
    IMG_3275.jpeg

Tomato, basil and catnip
    IMG_3276.jpeg
    IMG_3277.jpeg
    IMG_3278.jpeg

Happy growing!!!

Back