Indoor 2nd Earthbox Garage Grow (Night Owl, Dark Owl, Gnome & Dream Beans)

Day 1 and 9
We got life. Marathon og popped through this morning. Day 1

IMG_3025.jpeg

Not much to report on the others. Day 9 for them. Though everytime I check on the sprouts, I do me a bit of fungus gnat hunting. They like to land on the sides of the tent and are pretty easy to spot. I like to catch em with a sticky trap slap. Haven’t seen a lot of them, but I do enjoy catching a few here and there

BBB
IMG_3026.jpeg

Black strap
IMG_3027.jpeg

ZaMango
IMG_3028.jpeg

I also got my Mars Hydro FC 6500 today. Haven’t had time to set it up but the box came with a nice ding in it. I think it’s on the side with the driver and extras so I may have gotten lucky. They also pack all electronics pretty well now. But I can’t remember the last time I got a package without some sort of damage on it.

IMG_3029.jpeg

Happy growing!!!

Set up the FC 6500 today. Man it is a nice looking light with great coverage. Tested the dli on all 3 of the bigger plants and they were all sitting at about 22. Thanks @Marshydro got a great deal on this beast.

IMG_3031.jpeg
IMG_3030.jpeg
IMG_3032.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3033.jpeg
    IMG_3033.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
I hope you have a meter with that powerful light!
Just the photone app which has served me well so far. No idea how accurate it is but it’s what I got.

Just the photone app which has served me well so far. No idea how accurate it is but it’s what I got.
That phone app will work fine, if you're not pushing the limits. I kind of don't think I would trust it if I were doing some relatively high intense lighting for my girls.
With the flower footprint that that thing has, You'll knock it out of the park with a nice safe 700 ppfd measured with your phone app.

I did one grow without a meter and just used the published figures from the manufacturer. I bought a meter after that. They are really valuable and they're not that expensive, at least the one that I got. It's a very good one and quite a few people here use it. I love the hell out of it!

Amazon product

They are really valuable and they're not that expensive, at least the one that I got. It's a very good one and quite a few people here use it. I love the hell out of it!
Thanks for the info @WildBill that’s significantly cheaper than other meters I’ve seen. Too broke to grab it now but I’ll keep this one saved.

Nice light Wayne! Big fan of my FCE4800. Best of luck with the grow
Thanks man I appreciate it :cheers: I’m really excited to see what this light can do.

Top dress covers day 14
Day 14 for all but the marathon og. Decided to give the earthboxes a good watering, put a top dress on and cover them. I usually wait to top dress for the first time around day 30. I have two plants in the reg EB. Whenever I take the cover off, it pulls both plants towards each other and the stems are a little too flimsy around day 30. So we’ll see how the early top dress does.
I added calcium silicate, ful-power humic acid and quillaja to the water. I use a 1 gallon sprayer, the jr got 1L and the reg got 2L.
I mixed craft blend, kashi blend, and some mosquito bits in some buildaflower top dress.
Sprinkled some mosquito bits on top too. Haven’t seen many fungus gnats lately. Sticky traps and BTi. Works like a charm.
IMG_3042.jpeg
IMG_3043.jpeg
IMG_3044.jpeg

Blueberry breath seems to be a little sensitive to the light so I lowered the EB off the blocks
IMG_3045.jpeg

Black strap
IMG_3046.jpeg

ZaMango
IMG_3047.jpeg

Marathon og day 6
IMG_3048.jpeg

Covers on
IMG_3049.jpeg

I accidentally clipped a bit of new leaf off when I put the cover on the ZaMango. Not quite a FIM. But damn I missed :doh:

IMG_3050.jpeg
IMG_3051.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by. Happy growing!

Day 20 for ZaMango, blueberry breath and black strap. Day 12 for marathon og. The 3 that are ahead look great, I will probably start filling the reservoirs soon. I usually wait until the plant is as wide as the earthbox. I’ve also trimmed off the lowest nodes on each plant. The only training I do right now is leaf tuck.

IMG_3073.jpeg

Blueberry breath is looking much better. I think it was just light stressed before. Still light N tox
IMG_3063.jpeg
IMG_3064.jpeg

Black strap
IMG_3065.jpeg
IMG_3066.jpeg

ZaMango doesn’t seem to miss the leaf I clipped off. She’s also shown sex too.
IMG_3067.jpeg
IMG_3068.jpeg

Marathon OG is stressed. I think having to replant the seed almost 10 days after mixing the soil gave the microbes time to make the soil hotter. Underwatering could have done the same thing too, just my theories
IMG_3069.jpeg
IMG_3070.jpeg

Also got the tomato
IMG_3071.jpeg

Planted catnip and basil as well. More little sprouts.
IMG_3072.jpeg

Happy growing!

Day 25 & 17
I love seeing the growth when you start filling the reservoirs up. They just start exploding. All ive done is add 1L of water with em1 to both reservoirs. I just filled the Blueberry Breath for a second time yesterday and will fill the regular EB again later today. Day 25.

IMG_3086.jpeg

Blueberry Breath, she’s taking off and not light stressed at all now.
IMG_3087.jpeg
IMG_3088.jpeg

Black strap, she’s looking a little light stressed now :doh:
IMG_3089.jpeg
IMG_3090.jpeg

ZaMango, both times I’ve run this plant she’s grown really easy and fast.
IMG_3091.jpeg
IMG_3092.jpeg

Marathon OG, looking a little sad but still growing. Since it’s the second seed out of a 3 pack I’m gonna let her do her thing. I’ve only watered with some recharge and calcium silicate so far. I will put the cover on her in a week or so. She’s on day 17 the little runt.
IMG_3093.jpeg
IMG_3094.jpeg

My training so far, leaf tucking. Usually give the lower nodes a chance to catch up. Sometimes I ponytail too, but havent done it on this run.
IMG_3095.jpeg
IMG_3096.jpeg

Happy growing!

Back