Grow Mediums Hans’ Autopot Grow and Show – Gorilla Glue / Red Poison

Yeah when I had my 4x2x5' tent it was always a struggle with height... You may want to do some early LST to keep them in check or just see how they grow first and could supercrop later if you need to.
Actually I like topping autos and have always had good luck topping between the third and fourth node, so will considering both that and LST. I have heard some iffy things about LSD-25 in some of the journals I have read and I know most of FastBuds genetics tend to lean to the tall side, so will be trying to keep them shorter from the beginning. If this grow goes well but looks like I might need a bigger tent I have a 4x4x7 already in my shopping cart waiting for me to pull the trigger.

Amazing ladies, Hans! :toke: I wouldn't sweat the clawing though, or the color. I think it was Dark Devil I grew that did the same thing (even worse clawing, though. My gals were curled), and getting almost no N. Genetics can through strange things at you, even from seed to seed.:biggrin:
Thanks Red. Yeah not worried about it, seems like it may be a common trait in these Red Family strains my Devil Cream did it as well... As long as they still pump out the buds I'm happy :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy. Yeah this RP has been a bit finicky this whole grow, started out with really pale leaves for first few weeks and now has better colour but clawing... could be N tox but really I'm only running base nutes at 1/2 strength as usual and the rest of my supplements only have P and K... The GG has been loving my feed schedule and still looking flawless so the RP will just have to make do :p
ive noticed Fastbus strains like and can handle more nutes than most other genetics when i run them side by side other genetics

Thats how i see it hans.because the airdome is so full of roots when you have a look after the grow.i was even thinking it would be even more like hydro if you could make a square dome that fits the whole of the bottom of the pot edge to edge 5cm deep,it would be just a thick 5cm layer of roots getting tons of nutes and oxygen
I was rereading this thread and noticed this comment about making a square airdome. @pop22 has been testing something called the AIT (Air Injection Technology) from Modular Hydro. I purchased some of these for my DWC buckets and they work great. But they are just rainbird drip irrigation tubing, fittings, and some washers. I bought a roll of this stuff for next to nothing and can make any shape I want. With the right fittings you could make a square with all sides connecting at the middle perhaps even connecting to the airdome in the center. With a little modification so the tubing could go under the dome. This will probably be another experiment I will want to play with In the future once I have this switch to autopots and coco under my belt.

Thanks Red. Yeah not worried about it, seems like it may be a common trait in these Red Family strains my Devil Cream did it as well... As long as they still pump out the buds I'm happy :thumbsup:

Aye, does seem like par for the course with these ones.

Another trait I've noticed with the few I've run is that they took a serious case of the muchies about this stage then just nibbled at the EC after.

Good find! pics?

I was rereading this thread and noticed this comment about making a square airdome. @pop22 has been testing something called the AIT (Air Injection Technology) from Modular Hydro. I purchased some of these for my DWC buckets and they work great. But they are just rainbird drip irrigation tubing, fittings, and some washers. I bought a roll of this stuff for next to nothing and can make any shape I want. With the right fittings you could make a square with all sides connecting at the middle perhaps even connecting to the airdome in the center. With a little modification so the tubing could go under the dome. This will probably be another experiment I will want to play with In the future once I have this switch to autopots and coco under my belt.

Good find! pics?
I haven't made one yet and the ones I have made are designed for a round five gallon bucket, so they don't fit these 3.9 gallon pots. I will play around with it this weekend and post some pics. Here is a picture of the one they make for soil. Remember that's rainbird drip tubing so the entire thing will bleed air into the medium.

IMG_1806.JPG

Snapped a couple pics with the lights on... here's how my setup looks now.
AQP21U9.jpg

06RmWhR.jpg

And here's a few pics of my DIY COBs...
iuiGvRo.jpg

W3rhy8d.jpg

hjVybsM.jpg

6ZFvIO6.jpg

TaBMYQ5.jpg

I'll make a little build thread in the LED section later with all the details for anyone interested in doing something similar.

@Hansbricks i see you started using Terpinator and picked up a bottle. I noticed on their website that you can use it all the way from Veg to bloom. Was wondering if that is what you would recommend or just use it when the AD chart calls for bud factor x?

@Hansbricks i see you started using Terpinator and picked up a bottle. I noticed on their website that you can use it all the way from Veg to bloom. Was wondering if that is what you would recommend or just use it when the AD chart calls for bud factor x?
Well not sure I can really recommend anything since it's my first time using it but I started adding it with my first res fill up, so start of 4th week... I don't think there's a point of starting any sooner than that. Their recommended Veg dosage is 5-10ml/gal and then 10-30ml/gal for Bloom... I'm still just running 10ml/gal (2.5ml/L) for now but will probably bump up to 15ml in another week or so.

Back