Indoor Come see my girls!!

S

Sd1121

Hey everybody! So I have been reading this forum for a year or more now and I want to share my 2nd grow with you. My first grow was ok and I did harvest but I am off to a much better start this time.

I am running a 150 watt hps and using General Organics GO box and orca mycorrhizae. I am at 4ml Grow, 3ml CalMag, 4ml Roots, and 3ml Weed per gallon. I water by hand every other day and feed with every watering. All feeding are given at 5.6- 5.8 ph.

I am growing in coco coir in 3.8 liter white pots.

I am growing 2 Himalayan Blue Diesel and I have 2 very different phenotypes! Please feel free to give advice I actually would love some help and guidance.

One more thing... Just want to thank a few people who have written many things that have gotten me this far! Muddy, si1984, goauto6, DubV, J TaNg, Mossy and others your info is priceless for a person new to growing the best!

Now my Girls are both 30 days today!

View attachment 138626View attachment 138627View attachment 138628View attachment 138629View attachment 138630

Hey bro! Welcome and thanks for posting the pics. The girls are pretty but it looks like they could use a little more nutrition. I have no soiless experience (coco, coir, strait Pro-Mix, etc) so I am reluctant to give you any advice. Muddy, or someone more familiar with soilless mixes, will be along shortly, I'm sure. Things aren't too bad but I think they could use a lift. Once again, welcome. :peace:

Looks like they could use a Cal-Mag suppliment, but other than that they look great. Cal-Mag can be a must in Coco depending on what nutes you are using. If you are not using Coco specific nutes, use Cal-Mag. Looking good Man.

Thanks Tavid... I agree, but was reluctant to offer advice for a medium I've never used.

I would say n deficient i doubt mag as your already dosing with cal mag really you should use coir based nutes

Hey guys yes i have been dosing with CalMag from the very beginning. I noticed the plants lightening last week and have slowly been increasing the nute levels to give them enough N and other nutes.

I have raised nute levels to 5ml grow, 5ml CalMag, 5ml roots, 2.5 ml marine, and 5ml weed per gallon. Im not quite sure how strong this level of nutes is but it seems to be quite strong hopefully they have a growth spurt and green up some.

I also did some LST yesterday to expose some more bud sites:hump:

I know I should be using coco specific nutes but I already had the GO nutes and they are ok for hydro so I just went with it lol
View attachment 139250View attachment 139251

Hey guys I was watering my plants today and I adjusted my ph to 5.8 after adding nutes and just for fun I checked my runoff and it was at 6.9!!! Why on earth is it that high if I consistently ph at 5.8 and flush every 2 weeks? Also why are they growing ok in such a high ph if coco is supposed the be treated like hydro when it comes to the ph? This has me confused but they do seem to be doing ok. Should I worry or try to change anything? Lots of questions any help would settle my mind a bit.

I will throw in some pics. Today is 34 from breaking the soil.

View attachment 139652View attachment 139653

Just a Thought..
is your water really Cold when you PH it...?

Coz ph is affected by light and heat...so you PH it at one level..when it goes under the lights and warm the PH will rise..probably giving you the discrepancy in your run-off.

Try standing you water in the grow area to Warm up...Then alter your PH...might work better for you..:thumbs:

Measuring run off on coco like in soil is meaningless and misleading because coco is a medium that holds on some elements and washes out others.
To get the actual pH just grab a scoop of coco from as deep inside the center of the container as possible without damaging the roots. Mix with enough filtered water to make a muddy slurry that can be tested. This is the most accurate way of detecting the pH in the coco media.
Also flushing on regular intervals prevents salt build up. Use coco specific nutes and feed according to vendor schedule 'cos coco contains no nutes . I'm having great results with coco and I push nutes hard - I prefer to risk overfeeding than under-feeding and deficiencies. Hope it helps.

:smokebuds:

Mix with enough filtered water to make a muddy slurry that can be tested.
Well said, Stone. The symptoms for all the deficiencies listed are present.... which points to pH when you know they're being fed. The only thing I would add, and it's kinda important... your filtered/distilled water needs to have a pH of 7.0... which is the way most distilled water (not drinking water) comes. :peace:

Back