Indoor Come see my girls!!

Well said, Stone. The symptoms for all the deficiencies listed are present.... which points to pH when you know they're being fed. The only thing I would add, and it's kinda important... your filtered/distilled water needs to have a pH of 7.0... which is the way most distilled water (not drinking water) comes. :peace:

Joe Dirt- Are you saying the ph oh the water that you mix with the coco tho test the ph should be 7.0? I assume thats what you mean just to have a neutral baseline...

Mossy- My water is bubbled prior to adding nutes at room temp and my cab runs about 10f degrees over room temp so that could be an issue.

Stone- Yeah I feel like I am pushing hard with nutes too but i have been flushing regularly.

Thank you guys for the help. I will be testing the coco ph by doing the slurry that stone suggested. If it shows too high then I will flush with growbox temp water at 5.8 ph adding a light nute mix afterwards.
I will report back with the results. This forum is really a great resource even to somebody with a gardening and biology background. Thanks again :thumbs:

Joe Dirt- Are you saying the ph oh the water that you mix with the coco tho test the ph should be 7.0? I assume thats what you mean just to have a neutral baseline...
Correct.

I think in hydro which is pure coco is you need to make the solution earlier and adjust after nutes have settled

adjusting to 7.0 would be meaningless if the buffer in the nutes pull it lower or higher than the ideal range

on the same note you can do it the other way around if you know your always 0.3 out but its the end ph that matters not start

also if this is hydro organic do the nutes want to be as low as 5.8 (check on the bottles)

agito... it would serve you well to follow the thread so your "tips", as erroneous as they may be, would at least be in the context of the conversation. He is trying to measure the current pH of his mix. I do not see your suggestion addressing that in any way...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think i misunderstood i thought you mentioned ph the water before adding nutes not slurry test

this bit should still be valid though
also if this is hydro organic do the nutes want to be as low as 5.8 (check on the bottles)

Whats missed is the reflection on ph nute strength
been a while since i did hydro but if the mix was to weak there was not enough buffer to lower ph as the plants was using the phos/nitric acid etc as a food source (double check this) so it could be a ph lockout due to underfeeding but if the feed doesnt want to be at 5.8 (a standard hydro chemical level) 6+ could be right that's why i said check the bottle

if his runoff is in the 6's and the liquid going in is at 5.8 the media is going have to be higher than the runoff it just makes sense
If this is hydrorganics its more complicated than standard hydroponics

Its all good guys. :peace: So I checked the ph of my coco and it was 6.5 so I flushed with double the volume of my pots and watered with my nute mix. I only had time to do one of my plants last night so I thought I would see if it had an effect vs the plant I didnt flush. The results are noticeable even this morning! The plant I flushed looks great it perked up and looks greener already.

Agito- I looked on the bottles and al it said was it was acceptable with a hydro application so I assume that running a ph of around 5.8 as you would in hydro is just fine. The only thing I worried about was not using coco specific nutes.

I will flush the other today and post some pics soon! Thanks again for all the help!

Hello everybody. So here is a end of the week update after the recent flush.

Today is day 40 from heads up. The more sativa pheno seems to be starting to flower but I am still feeding grow nutes hoping for some more growth. The more indica looking pheno looks like it is wanting to keep growing before it starts to bud.

The sativa pheno looks like the spots haved stopped spreading. I hope...

For day 40 do you think the more indica pheno should be starting to bud or is she doing good?

What do y'all think?
View attachment 141657View attachment 141658View attachment 141659View attachment 141660

Erotic Photos, how about a close up shot of her V? For just 40 days she is incredibly voluptuous - I am going to increase the food for my girls because they are still skinny :bow:

Hey AFN, so here is a new update for those that are following my little grow.

Today is day 50 from seed. I finally switched to bloom nutes this week! :jump:

I am really happy with my progress as a grower and my plants progress too. I am really surprised how much faster the more sativa pheno is developing compared to the more indica looking plant.

Does anybody know if there is a really slow HBD pheno? The one indica looking plant has yet to start resin production or really any budding at all? It is looking like it wants to start but for day 50 seems to be creeping along?

Either way they both look happy and im not really pressed for time so whatever i will just see what happens. Here are some new pictures!

View attachment 145601View attachment 145603View attachment 145602View attachment 145604View attachment 145605View attachment 145601View attachment 145603View attachment 145602View attachment 145604View attachment 145605

Back