Indoor Auto Assassin in a Small Cabinet Grow

M

Mad Scientist

I'm fairly new to growing and my grow area is very small. I really enjoy it and the supply I get from it is more than enough for me. I have been running the Auto Assassin strain for a little while now and I thought I'd report that this strain works well in a small cabinet type of grow. I keep my grow simply, store bought soil, no nutrients other than a plant food additive to the watering. In addition, my cabinet uses only flourescent tube and compact flourescent lighting and this strain does well. Each time (on my 6th Auto Assassin plant now) from seed all have autoflowered female (I bought feminized seeds) and all ended up about 2 feet tall. If required they very harvestable around 60 days. On average my dried and trimmed yield has been from 8 to 12 grams per plant. I will be trying different ways to improve yield over time but I must say I am impressed with this strain so far. It has worked out well for me.
A few photos:
My Cabinet http://flic.kr/p/bSHdH6
One of my Auto Assassin Plants (61 days) http://flic.kr/p/bHRW6k
Same Plant, Top http://flic.kr/p/buXavh
Another Auto Assassin (48 days) http://flic.kr/p/bsjL4y

Those look good man. Real simple setup you got there. Nice.

Looking good man, especially with such a simple setup (+rep). I would strongly recommend lst'ing to increase your yield as it is perfect for your setup. Mine is quite similar, only I have a 150W hps, and I'm currently lsting my plants with what appear to be good results, but I haven't harvested anything yet so it is too early to tell. Click on my signature if you wana see what I've done. Anyway it keeps height down to a minimum and significantly increases yield due to more even hormone and light distribution around the plant.

I'll keep auto assassin in mind for future and how is the smoke btw?

Peace

TC

Nice cab you got here bro,kinda like a finished version of mine sans the flowering section :)
Interest peaked,even before seeing the plants,moreso now that i had a look at them too
what are the cab measurements and what fluoro tubes are those,total wattage?
Also,your co2 bottle,does it run up to the lightshield?been playing around with placement of mine

Cheers
McB

Those look good man. Real simple setup you got there. Nice.

Thanks Squidherb I appreciate your comment. I hope yours are getting enough light down there in the dark depths of the sea :). Over watering must be a big deal for you too. Cheers and thanks again!

No, my tent is in an air bubble compartment :D

Thank you! Man, you sent me on a bit of an internet voyage. I didn't get the LST'ing suggestion at first. I understand what you meant now (low stress training). I have a few resources that explain LST'ing in detail, I'll check it out. One of the things I like about this hobby is always learning more. I think it is a great suggestion and I am excited about trying it in the future. I've got a few new plants that i will try it on soon. I checked out your cabinet. Very cool, now that is stealthy, good work. I love it.
I vaporize and the Auto Assassin has a nice taste (citrus) and I would describe the stone as an uplifting high, definately not couch lock, good stuff. So far I have probably harvested early, trichomes have been clear to milky each time. I haven't left one long enough to see many amber trichomes, maybe the high would be different. I got 1 plant going now that may make it, we'll have to see.
MS

Mr. Mcbud,
Thanks for the kind words on my cabinet. It is 6 feet (183cm) tall, 30 inches (76cm) wide and 18 inches (46cm) deep.
The top cabinet section has 4-20 watt tubes, 1200 lumens each with 2-13 watt compact flourescents, 900 lumens each. total 106 watts, 6,600 lumens.
The bottom section has 2-20watt tubes and 2-13 watt compact flourscents, 66 watts, 4,200 lumens.
The Co2 bottle has a tube that runs to the top of the lights. As I understand the C02 is heavier than air and should be released above the plants.
Post some pics of your grow area, I'd love to see it.
MS

Thank you! Man, you sent me on a bit of an internet voyage. I didn't get the LST'ing suggestion at first. I understand what you meant now (low stress training). I have a few resources that explain LST'ing in detail, I'll check it out. One of the things I like about this hobby is always learning more. I think it is a great suggestion and I am excited about trying it in the future. I've got a few new plants that i will try it on soon. I checked out your cabinet. Very cool, now that is stealthy, good work. I love it.
I vaporize and the Auto Assassin has a nice taste (citrus) and I would describe the stone as an uplifting high, definately not couch lock, good stuff. So far I have probably harvested early, trichomes have been clear to milky each time. I haven't left one long enough to see many amber trichomes, maybe the high would be different. I got 1 plant going now that may make it, we'll have to see.
MS

No worries mate, I'm glad I could enlighten you to the wonders of low stress training and sorry about the abbreviation, you get very used to it on forums. Thanks for the compliments about my cab and I did make it with stealth being a priority so I'm glad it's worked! Auto Assassin sounds great and I will definitely try some in the future, but for now my fridge is stocked with plenty of seeds so it'll have to wait. BTW I think you will really appreciate letting your plants go on perhaps a little further and allow some more amber trichs appear before harvest, but you're right to experiment and see what you like best.

Peace bro

TC

Back