New Grower 1st grow / 4 seedbanks / coco / TSW2000 / GHE Trio

Ah thanks I learned a bit more.
I burn up 2 gallons a day with 2 humidifiers in the house (we get bad static without them), RO would be good for them, i'm trying to talk myself into doing it myself. We have a new home and want cleaner water anyways, my only issue with RO is the missing ppm. What will i need to add to it because i took away with RO. I'm new to this so i am learning as i go :D

here is my city water test no idea on EC value ; /
View attachment 1301183
That chart looks pretty detailed. I imagine that is per gallon?
It actually tells you how much calmag there is in ppm which is pretty nice.
Now CaCO3 is calcium carbonate which is an effect of calcium and magnesium in the water.
CaCO3 is formed when the elements heat up in the ground and spikes the PH.
I guess in coco you would end up with the same issue but soil seems to be more forgiving when it comes to PH.

Per Doulton, their filters “Retain healthy, naturally occurring minerals in the water”. Sounds like that won’t help you. Damn.
Yeah it looks like it will keep the calcium lol... this is such a pain.

Now I saw someone use an aquarium RO system, it will take a while to fill a bucket but its clean water
Best Little RO Filter System | THCFarmer - Cannabis Cultivation Network

Something like this
Amazon.com : Aquatic Life RO Buddie Three Stage Reverse Osmosis Deionization Unit 50 GPD : Aquarium Filters : Pet Supplies

Yeah it looks like it will keep the calcium lol... this is such a pain.

Now I saw someone use an aquarium RO system, it will take a while to fill a bucket but its clean water
Best Little RO Filter System | THCFarmer - Cannabis Cultivation Network

Something like this
Amazon.com : Aquatic Life RO Buddie Three Stage Reverse Osmosis Deionization Unit 50 GPD : Aquarium Filters : Pet Supplies
That does look interesting! I can’t wait to see your growing take off once you get better water.

That does look interesting! I can’t wait to see your growing take off once you get better water.
I should write a book "The unlucky grower"
So many seedlings died I almost ran out of seeds *shrugs*
I changed every product I was using and now the only thing left is the water lol.
Not to forget if I do get RO water I'll have to change nutes again because I have a set for hard water...
The struggle never ends...

I should write a book "The unlucky grower"
So many seedlings died I almost ran out of seeds *shrugs*
I changed every product I was using and now the only thing left is the water lol.
Not to forget if I do get RO water I'll have to change nutes again because I have a set for hard water...
The struggle never ends...

ha, I'll do a rain dance for you :smoking:

buy a few $1.99 5qt oil pans at walmart and keep them outside when it rains. I use them to catch the runoff when i water my plants but they should be good for collecting rain too, just another option for water

ha, I'll do a rain dance for you :smoking:

buy a few $1.99 5qt oil pans at walmart and keep them outside when it rains. I use them to catch the runoff when i water my plants but they should be good for collecting rain too, just another option for water
Lol yeah but I can't rely on the weather and possibly run out of water,
they also say if you use rain water that sits for a while you would have to boil out the microbes.

I think my best bet is the aquarium RO system, it should be the same as a normal RO unit just that it can only clean 2 gallor per hour instead of 20.
I'll have to order new seeds aswell lol

That sounds perfect! 2 hours for 2 gallons, i could work with that.

Didn't think of the critters in the rain water, i guess that would be more work boiling a bunch of water lol

Just when I thought I figured out what to buy I came by 2 different versions of the system.
RO and RO/DI

Would I need to get RO or RO/DI for my plants?

DI stands for Deionization (DI) filters exchange positive hydrogen and negative hydroxyl molecules for positive and negative contaminant molecules in water. DI filtering and other processes are sometimes referred to as "water polishing." ... This natural process is used by our bodies to get water to our individual cells.

Back