2x2 light in 4x4 tent for early veg?

would it be ok in my 4x4 tent to sprout and a little veg 2-3 plants at a time? I don’t have a 2x2 tent just an extra 4x4 that I don’t need to fill with new veg plants, maybe just a couple. And it’s not the need for more bud really, i just really enjoy the whole growing process and having different stages going is more fun for me is all it is.
It would be perfect for what you need it for, and more. I grow mostly for fun too. There’s only so much I can smoke and give away but I really enjoy growing it. Great hobby! :lol:

A wider light turned down will give more even coverage, at about the same electric cost. It might even be more efficient because it will run cooler.

You have to raise the smaller light to cover the same area, and lose light inverse square to distance

I was juuuust thinking the same thing lol. Guess it would also be smart to have matching capabilities in each tent should I decide it’s worth it to go full steam in them. Man I really appreciate y’all.

I’ve found they’re very happy sprouting and growing up under 100% power from about 42 inches but I suppose if just vegging then I can lower and dim to reach a nice ppfd

Very happy with my Marshydro FCe-3000 in a 3.3x3.3 tent. I’d recommend it all day but in a 4x4 I would say the FCe-4800 or FC4800 would be better suited for your tent and then you could dial down the intensity.

A wider light turned down will give more even coverage, at about the same electric cost. It might even be more efficient because it will run cooler.

You have to raise the smaller light to cover the same area, and lose light inverse square to distance
I was under the impression that the light was only needed for a 2x2 area and for veg growth. The Maxi is more than suitable for that space, I’ve grown over a pound in a 32x32 tent with one 150 watt Maxi

Maxi in action!

2x2 tent

3166F843-CF26-4CB5-8041-5F6FA882C120.jpeg
672A4A9C-69C0-46F4-AAB7-37E1BEE81731.jpeg
8AFAC4C5-3702-4308-8EA6-F3CE08D741ED.jpeg

Back