2x2 light in 4x4 tent for early veg?

JoeBogs

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hello I’ve heard many great things about mars hydro and I‘m currently growing 6 plants in a 4x4 with a 4x4 light 630w. I have another 4x4 to use as my dry tent. I’m thinking it could be utilized when not used for drying to keep a little cycle going. To save on the electric bill I’d like to use a 2x4 or maybe even 2x2? Can you recommend a light for me to purchase? Thank you!

If your looking into Mars, then depending on your budget a TS-2000 or FC-(E)3000 would fit the bill.

Running perpetually or years I've used a separate area just to veg every plant...auto and photo ....under 24/0 T5HO....96w that I keep 2-3 inches from foliage and temps in spec with heat mat. Move to a flower area at 3 weeks old to a flower area. 3 plants every 3 weeks produces a lot of medicine.
For veg, I prefer running floros so lights can be kept close to reduce stretch in veg, then blast the heck out of'em in flower! So I'd run a 4 ft T5 HO in your 4x4.

SP 3000 would kick the crap out of a 2x4 might be too much light for your needs depending on what you do later (add another one for full 4x4)

1651321220305.png

Last edited:
Thank you very much everyone!

If you want to go budget you can purchase one of these. Great lights for the price and perfect for a 2x2 area.

F4119257-A9EB-4BAB-800F-389E0CB850EC.jpeg

Appreciate the input! To be clear it wasn’t about saving money on a light, I was just wondering if two 4x4 lights running at the same time would be expensive and maybe a small light would save some money on the e bill.

Appreciate the input! To be clear it wasn’t about saving money on a light, I was just wondering if two 4x4 lights running at the same time would be expensive and maybe a small light would save some money on the e bill.
Just giving you another 2x2 light option. The 150 watt Maxi is perfect for a 2x2 area and it will definitely save you money on electricity.

Just giving you another 2x2 light option. The 150 watt Maxi is perfect for a 2x2 area and it will definitely save you money on electricity.
would it be ok in my 4x4 tent to sprout and a little veg 2-3 plants at a time? I don’t have a 2x2 tent just an extra 4x4 that I don’t need to fill with new veg plants, maybe just a couple. And it’s not the need for more bud really, i just really enjoy the whole growing process and having different stages going is more fun for me is all it is.

Back