Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

I use Oil Slick Slick Paper.

2021-10-04_11-55-40.jpg

Well, I'm trying to get some of this hash squished. A little difficult with my stupid leg pain today. I don't know what nerve I stimulated the wrong damn way, but I wish it would shut the hell up!
So I'm only doing three and a half grams at a time in the 37 micron small bags for my small press. It's the nuggsmasher Mini. I pack it and get the proper surface area for end pressure be proper for the product. I'm pressing it flat not bottle style. Kirkland parchment paper
The temperature is set to 180F and I do a slow warm up and slow press. I stopped when the flow does but it's pretty quick .
I'm getting a more buttery consistent return that's a little difficult to collect.
Should I lower the temperature for this particular batch of hash?
The return seems to be good but since I haven't collected all of it I haven't checked. I'm using my marble plate to work candy to collect on.

Well, I'm trying to get some of this hash squished. A little difficult with my stupid leg pain today. I don't know what nerve I stimulated the wrong damn way, but I wish it would shut the hell up!
So I'm only doing three and a half grams at a time in the 37 micron small bags for my small press. It's the nuggsmasher Mini. I pack it and get the proper surface area for end pressure be proper for the product. I'm pressing it flat not bottle style. Kirkland parchment paper
The temperature is set to 180F and I do a slow warm up and slow press. I stopped when the flow does but it's pretty quick .
I'm getting a more buttery consistent return that's a little difficult to collect.
Should I lower the temperature for this particular batch of hash?
The return seems to be good but since I haven't collected all of it I haven't checked. I'm using my marble plate to work candy to collect on.
The higher the temperature the more oily the extraction will be. We are talking flower - right? 37 micron is too small IMPO I use 90 micron and 210°F, 3 minutes

The higher the temperature the more oily the extraction will be. We are talking flower - right? 37 micron is too small IMPO I use 90 micron and 210°F, 3 minutes
No, it's hash from a fresh froze dry ice shake.

No, it's hash from a fresh froze dry ice shake.
I think if you are getting butter it is a little too cool try it at 185°F for a second press and see what you get.

I think if you are getting butter it is a little too cool try it at 185°F for a second press and see what you get.
Alright, I'll try that in a few and report back

I pressed my Kief at 160-170 in a 37 micron bag, the lower the better for Kief/hash Ive found.

I pressed my Kief at 160-170 in a 37 micron bag, the lower the better for Kief/hash Ive found.
I did a 170 on the last run and the color was more in what I wanted to see. I couldn't tell
I think I'll try 165 and see what happens
I think I had a bit of moisture in it on that first run. I stirred it a bit and let it dry a bit more. I also didn't have my collection plate cold enough. I cooled down the room a bit more to help keep the sweating down on the plate and I kept it wiped down.
I know temp affects production amount and quality. Finding the sweet spot between getting the quality and maximizing production at that quality level, is what's next. I think one step I can do is a cold light pre-press on several to make several presses in one run after the other. This will give better contact quicker. With this handle on this press designed to limit the pressure easily applied, you can fairly well feel the pressure being applied and when the pressure declines when the rosin begins to flow. How does the cold pre-press affect the warm up time before flow starts and full pressure applied? With more even and more surface contact at the start of the heated press, wouldn't flow begin sooner with the same pressure? Will the duration of the press be less and do I still go by flow to stop the press?
What's a general duration time of the total press to kinda gauge the press?
The last run was running about 36% return and that's with the folded over second press. That sure needs to come up! Not a super big deal with recovering what I can from the pucks in some oil, but I'm after rosin! :eyebrows: With recovering the goodies from the worked dry ice shake material and the pucks, I think I'm using my canna pretty efficiently. I HAZ CANNABUTTER!:smoking::smoking::eyebrows::eyebrows:

I think you generally decarb your rosin, so you can use it more accurately in edibles. Decarbing will decrease the terps, ok for edibles. Does decarbing affect the potency when dabbing or smoking that much? The first rosin I made a few months ago was decarbed and it would hit me behind the eyes when smoked.....don't have a dab rig yet. I sampled the last run and was good, just not the hit behind the eyes effect. It may have been because I was fairly high already with fighting that damn leg pain all damn day, but I kinda think not. How much product do you lose during the decarb process?

THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hope Reynolds parchment is ok also lol, I just bought it and never looked back.
Reynolds worked for me, but it does tear if you aren't careful with temperature when gathering your rosin. I will see if I can get some of @Mañ'O'Green's stuff for the next round.

Reynolds worked for me, but it does tear if you aren't careful with temperature when gathering your rosin. I will see if I can get some of @Mañ'O'Green's stuff for the next round.
Reynolds is relegated to oven use. LOL!
The Kirkland seems to transfer heat much better.

Back