A discussion about CBD and Auto flowers! Let's talk about it!

You keep back crossing until you receive consistent high CBD using the same high CBD mother once you are at your desired outcome you then inbreed locking down the auto trait F4 or F5 it should show back up

May not be 100% but you could get semi consistent outcomes
But there is no way to know the semi consistent levels without testing every plant, at 25-45 bucks a test. So getting to the semi consistent point can cost thousands in just testing alone. Can you walk me through the type of back cross you're talking about? Im not sure I understand how you can lock in an auto trait if you are back crossing to a photo period repeatedly.

But there is no way to know the semi consistent levels without testing every plant, at 25-45 bucks a test. So getting to the semi consistent point can cost thousands in just testing alone. Can you walk me through the type of back cross you're talking about? Im not sure I understand how you can lock in an auto trait if you are back crossing to a photo period repeatedly.

Which is just one of many reasons why commercial CBD growers use clones...

:cheers:

Last edited:
Which is just one of many reasons why commercial CBD growers use clones...

Exactly! You can't clone an auto to keep it around, so even if someone did fine a really high CBD auto, once it's gone, it's gone!

Hi Friends
Intresting thread. Some facts I know.
CBD and THC take the same protein to express. CBD is present in the vegetative stadium of the grow. If you cross a high cbd with a high THC strain the first generation got a mix of both. The indica landraces got more CBD then a sativa gives you. Backcross like nbbeerguy is the way you go to create a stable CBD strain.

You can make a home test for CBD and THC with chemicals they are free available but you don't can count the percentage you can only say high middle low CBD or THC.
( I take a look for the link)

The auto gen is unstoppable, it can express in later generation but act recessive.

I use CBD for my mental feeling for my wife's backpain and for my little dog.
The medical aspects can be best seen at my little dog she got problems with her eyes and the Dr says in a half to one year she can't see , that was two years ago. After a long conversation and explaining what we do at home our animal Dr starts reading about CBD and told me he got a few patients now who take CBD for their dogs with great benefit.

The right harvest time is important to get the most CBD in your plant.
Decrab for medical products like CBD drops is also important. I read much studies about that and found a chart from a university they test different temperatures and different times you can see in the chart what's the best temperature and how the decrab act to the different cannabinoid.
(I take a look for the chart and post it here too)

I got some more information to CBD in my breeding script but I have to translate it to English and but all together. I will post more info soon.

Have a nice day
cu tobe

I agree testing must be done especially on autoflower and you would basically have to knock up all females partially and test each one and use seeds from the ones that showed high CBD for the next generation its $100 to test here in canada

So You take

CBD Photo X Auto
CBD Photo X (Photo X Auto )
CBD Photo X (Photo X Auto Bx1)
CBD Photo X (Photo X Auto Bx2)
cause each cross back to the photoperiod in theory would reduce the % of ruderalis as each new back cross essentially would be a new F1 so by back crossing to the photo you reduce the lowryder gene by 50% each time

So once you reach a point where you are happy with the majority of the offspring as showing consistency then you start to inbreed

so
(CBD PhotoX Auto) X (CBD Photo X Auto ) Would be your F1 and select away from the ruderalis gene and at F4 or 5 the strain will be fully auto once you hit later generations as the trait will become dominant

Flip side is home testing kits are supposedly improving and the prices are dropping...

I just looked at a kit that does 25 tests and costs about $7 per test.

So You take

CBD Photo X Auto
CBD Photo X (Photo X Auto )
CBD Photo X (Photo X Auto Bx1)
CBD Photo X (Photo X Auto Bx2)
cause each cross back to the photoperiod in theory would reduce the % of ruderalis as each new back cross essentially would be a new F1 so by back crossing to the photo you reduce the lowryder gene by 50% each time

So once you reach a point where you are happy with the majority of the offspring as showing consistency then you start to inbreed

so
(CBD PhotoX Auto) X (CBD Photo X Auto ) Would be your F1 and select away from the ruderalis gene and at F4 or 5 the strain will be fully auto once you hit later generations as the trait will become dominant
This would take years, and hundreds of tests. And you still couldnt guarantee or quote a CBD range of those seeds. This is a great example of why I wanted to start this convo! I don't think breeders are doing that kind of inbreeding or back crossing on autos. I've never seen the bx term used in any autos from any of the major breeders. And I definitely don't think they are testing for cbd on their CBD autos. I've seen Dinafem I think and maybe sweet seeds list a 1:1 ratio for CBD strains. But that only tells the ratio. It tells you nothing about percentage. So it could be 1:1 with 5% thc and 5% cbd. I just don't think they've figured out the whole cbd/autoflower puzzle yet. I'm sure they will. But right now to me, it isn't making much sense, lol. I love this type of discussion though! If we can talk through this we might stumble on a way to improve the current state of cbd and autos

Back