A discussion about CBD and Auto flowers! Let's talk about it!

I’m sure when the WHO re classifies cannabis all the test that Monsanto(Bayer) have been doing for years without government approval will allow them to provide us with the “Super Guaranteed CBD” seeds. Unfortunately you’ll have to feed them roundup and their pollen will effectively kill every living plant. But hey that’s the price of bug free super CBD buds.

Joking,

FB
:pass:

:cheers:

Big Pharma already beat Monsanto to it

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20130059018A1/en

:hookah:

Hello to whoever is reading this! I wasn't sure where to post/start this discussion and figured this would be the best spot for it. I'd like to start a real, wide open conversation about CBD and auto flowers, and whether or not they are a money making gimmick, or if they have true potential.

I've been growing photoperiods for several years, and have a few high CBD cuts. Now, I'm not just saying that I have high CBD cuts based on the name of the strain. I've actually sent samples of to be tested to confirm/validate their CBD ratios. Even with photo period plants there is no guarantee. I've sent 2 sister plants off for testing together. Only one came back with measurable levels of cbd.

Sooo. For this example, let's say we have a few CBD auto flower seeds from a well known auto breeder. Something like ac/dc x gorilla glue auto (I just made that up). We know the auto seeds have the CBD gene from the parent. But at what actual ratio (if any) and what actual percentage? In the photoperiod world, we can take a cut of our CBD plants, have them tested, and keep the plants rich in CBD. With autos and CBD it seems to be a crap shoot. There is no guarantee that any of the auto flower seeds will have any testable levels of CBD. And, for the sake of discussion, let's say you found a nice CBD auto.. You send samples off to get tested and find out the plant has a 5:1 CBD to thc ratio and is hitting 12-15% CBD. So now what? You can't clone that plant to regrow it.. And popping more seeds puts you back at square one. Regardless of whether the plant is photo or auto, the ONLY way to know if you have a (high level) CBD strain, is through testing.

I see more companies putting out CBD auto flower seeds.. I'm also seeing people grow them out and report back amazing CBD type results. Are their reports the result of the "placebo effect", since testing is the only way to know if CBD is even remotely involved? I'm also wondering how CBD autos can benefit the home grower without breaking the bank ($25-$45 a test) and testing every plant. The auto breeders probably won't list any CBD to THC ratios on their packaging, since incurs such a monetary cost and can't be guaranteed.

So what are your thought of CBD auto flower strains? Can you see them being a benefit cost/medication wise? Have you grown any? Of so, could you tell any difference? Would you buy a pack of CBD autos if you knew you had a 25% chance at getting a CBD plant? Let's talk!
@Prophetiko @Dinafem-Mark
I had a lab test done on Dinafem Industrial auto cbd plant ----was one of the lower buds---results showed just as Dinafem claims 1:2 THC/CBD.
However, Dinafem White Widow CBD auto results showed a 1:1 ratio which was tested on a top bud. Both plants cured in jars for ~ 8-9 months.
I like these 2 strains so much that I am growing them again at the present time. They have been great medicine for my neuropathy.

I maybe over simplifying this, and for the most part it makes my head hurt a little. Can a breeder simply take 10 auto's suspected of containing high cbd levels, and "selfie" (for lack of better word) themselves via colloidal silver or STS ? When "self" pollinated do they produce exact copies of themselves? Or is it still a genetic toss up ? If self pollinating works the way I think it does it seems like it would be easy for them to lock down cbd auto's.

I've seen the term "back crossing" in here a few times, is that the same as self pollinating ?

Interesting thread. I don't think it's that difficult, and similar to thc% claims that's kind of just saying this seed had the genetic make-up to potentially reach 30% thc or whatever. But for the sake of the argument, with autos, it's all about testing and selective breeding. If I know I achieved these results (high CBD) using seeds from this particular auto, I'll work with these seeds. Same could be true with back crossing, while you won't have access to a clone, you would have access to the same seeds that you started out with if you saved them, which I'm sure any reputable breeder would have done already. CBD has been known about for awhile now. I hope that makes sense. I don't think it's that difficult though. It's easy to say this of course, lol yes it does take time and testing, any serious breeding project does.

Some poor Grandmother got arrested recently, I believe it was at Disney World, for having CBD. Took her in cuffs. You'd think cops have enough serious stuff to worry about rather than a Grandmother trying to combat pain. Cop behaviors across the US have gotten kind of weird these days.

Some poor Grandmother got arrested recently, I believe it was at Disney World, for having CBD. Took her in cuffs. You'd think cops have enough serious stuff to worry about rather than a Grandmother trying to combat pain. Cop behaviors across the US have gotten kind of weird these days.
I think the problem is many of them are under paid, and there should definitely be a better vetting process. Seems like any ass hat with an agenda can get a gun and a badge. There's two types that apply for that kind of job, 1 who actually gives a damn, and 1 who abuses power. Probably 3, also there's ones who give a damn but about the wrong things lol

If you google Dinafem Dinalab, it looks like they have the resources to do mass tests, and they do take years breeding some strains. I'm not sure if anyone on their end would comment on what is likely a proprietary process.

It would be interesting to know if this process did result in the majority of plants matching advertised levels of CBD.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

So You take

CBD Photo X Auto
CBD Photo X (Photo X Auto )
CBD Photo X (Photo X Auto Bx1)
CBD Photo X (Photo X Auto Bx2)
cause each cross back to the photoperiod in theory would reduce the % of ruderalis as each new back cross essentially would be a new F1 so by back crossing to the photo you reduce the lowryder gene by 50% each time

So once you reach a point where you are happy with the majority of the offspring as showing consistency then you start to inbreed

so
(CBD PhotoX Auto) X (CBD Photo X Auto ) Would be your F1 and select away from the ruderalis gene and at F4 or 5 the strain will be fully auto once you hit later generations as the trait will become dominant

Or you take autoflowering hemp like finola and mix it with an autoflower that has high thc.

Yes its true that finola generally doesent have very high cbd. However there are phenotypes of it that do give extremely high cbd. Breed that into picture more with finolas if you want to make sure of high %. You dont have to, but cbd levels wont be as consistent.

Amount of cbd OR thc is co trolled by same gene, its the expression of that gene that determine whether its high thc, high cbd, but those gene expression types can mix and make up 1;1 thc cbd strains.

When you first mic high thc with high cbd(and no thc obviously), you get 1/4th high thc, half 1:1 and 1:4th high cbd.

Its not impossible stabilize those further, stabilizing af with af-photo is much harder.

Now if you think that there is no way to make sure of the thc/cbd levels of the parents for new seeds because you cant clone, you are wrong. If you keep track of what pollinated what plants and then test those plants after they died and made seeds, you can select to use only the seeds from good parents. Yes using photos and clones makes this easier, but its definitely not impossible or too hard for people who breed these strains for living. Just a bit extra work.

Also you can clone cannabis just from some plant tissue, you dont need cuttings. From what i know of autoflowers, i dont believe in some knternal clock to trigger flowering. They start to flower when they are ready for it, so i think in theory cloning from leafs should work just like with photos or tomatoes.

I grew the most common variety of cannabis. Great for relaxing after work.

I grew the most common variety of cannabis. Great for relaxing after work.
After that, I got tired of it, because it takes a lot of time, money, and patience to grow cannabis at home. I think anyone who has ever grown marijuana at home understands this very well. Then I found an online store where I now buy marijuana. By the way, one of my favorite varieties is Indica Flower, which I buy more often than other varieties. Recently, I also started buying medical marijuana for my wife, for health reasons. Then I realized how good it was that marijuana was legalized in my state.

Back