Accurately reviewing Cannabis/Autoflowers while consuming prescription medication’s.

Interesting, somewhat-related article that I ran across a while back. They basically showed that subjective descriptions / reviews of strains were at least pretty consistent across individuals.

Talks more about terpenes/flavor, though, rather than psychoactive descriptors (except for general sativa vs. indica, etc):

Relationship among subjective responses, flavor, and chemical composition across more than 800 commercial cannabis varieties

Background
Widespread commercialization of cannabis has led to the introduction of brand names based on users’ subjective experience of psychological effects and flavors, but this process has occurred in the absence of agreed standards. The objective of this work was to leverage information extracted from large databases to evaluate the consistency and validity of these subjective reports, and to determine their correlation with the reported cultivars and with estimates of their chemical composition (delta-9-THC, CBD, terpenes).
Methods
We analyzed a large publicly available dataset extracted from Leafly.com where users freely reported their experiences with cannabis cultivars, including different subjective effects and flavour associations. This analysis was complemented with information on the chemical composition of a subset of the cultivars extracted from Psilabs.org. The structure of this dataset was investigated using network analysis applied to the pairwise similarities between reported subjective effects and/or chemical compositions. Random forest classifiers were used to evaluate whether reports of flavours and subjective effects could identify the labelled species cultivar. We applied Natural Language Processing (NLP) tools to free narratives written by the users to validate the subjective effect and flavour tags. Finally, we explored the relationship between terpenoid content, cannabinoid composition and subjective reports in a subset of the cultivars.
Conclusions
Our work represents the first data-driven synthesis of self-reported and chemical information in a large number of cannabis cultivars. Since terpene content is robustly inherited and less influenced by environmental factors, flavour perception could represent a reliable marker to indirectly characterize the psychoactive effects of cannabis. Our novel methodology helps meet demands for reliable cultivar characterization in the context of an ever-growing market for medicinal and recreational cannabis.

@Bruce Campbell Awesome, thanks for this interesting assessment. The complexity of this plant is truly mind blowing.
I think I remember reading about CBG and it’s unlimited possibilities regarding inflammation, this is definitely something that would interest me as I have a medical condition with an extreme amount of inflammotion.

Im really intrigued by CBG and it’s possibilities. @Seedstockers-Mark CBG Gorilla Zerodue Autoflower, which is a cross between our incredible CBG Zerodue Fem and a selection of CBG Gorilla Glue #4 Auto. Remember that CBG Zerodue Fem is a cross between CBD Critical XXL and Italian Research Genetics, CBG Zerodue and is remarkable not just for its fast flowering times and potential yield, but also for being particularly high in CBG and low in THC.

CBG cannabinoid
Cannabigerol (CBG) is one of more than 120 identified cannabinoids found to be produced by cannabis and forms from CBGa, which is considered the parent molecule from which all other cannabinoids are synthesized by the plant. Because it typically constitutes only a very small portion of the cannabinoids found on a mature cannabis plant, it wasn’t until recently - and through extensive breeding – that high CBG cannabis seed became available.

CBG medical
The medical community finds CBG particularly interesting. While this interest is spurred by the potential health benefits related to the cannabinoid, CBG is known for being the most expensive cannabinoid to produce, making it particularly difficult to study in mass – until now!

Last edited:
@Bruce Campbell Awesome, thanks for this interesting assessment. The complexity of this plant is truly mind blowing.
I think I remember reading about CBG and it’s unlimited possibilities regarding inflammation, this is definitely something that would interest me as I have a medical condition with an extreme amount of inflammotion.

Im really intrigued by CBG and it’s possibilities. @Seedstockers-Mark CBG Gorilla Zerodue Autoflower, which is a cross between our incredible CBG Zerodue Fem and a selection of CBG Gorilla Glue #4 Auto. Remember that CBG Zerodue Fem is a cross between CBD Critical XXL and Italian Research Genetics, CBG Zerodue and is remarkable not just for its fast flowering times and potential yield, but also for being particularly high in CBG and low in THC.

CBG cannabinoid
Cannabigerol (CBG) is one of more than 120 identified cannabinoids found to be produced by cannabis and forms from CBGa, which is considered the parent molecule from which all other cannabinoids are synthesized by the plant. Because it typically constitutes only a very small portion of the cannabinoids found on a mature cannabis plant, it wasn’t until recently - and through extensive breeding – that high CBG cannabis seed became available.

CBG medical
The medical community finds CBG particularly interesting. While this interest is spurred by the potential health benefits related to the cannabinoid, CBG is known for being the most expensive cannabinoid to produce, making it particularly difficult to study in mass – until now!
You can by hemp derived cbg from any number of legal hemp producers. You can find flower, concentrates, and edibles. It’s pretty cheap to buy…..not sure what all that ‘very expensive to produce’ jazz is about…. :shrug:

Medical cannabis by no means manages my condition or pain as well as prescription medication once did, but it leaves me a clean and clear head with which I can think and be myself rather than somebody I or my my family no longer recognise.

Yup..I Hit the same as you.... :pass: ...the pain killers didn't kill the pain...and I didn't even recognise myself on them...it wasn't Me.

however I am now only using Co-Codamol and ibuprofen alongside cannabis

Me too...from a brain filled with pain...I've got is Down to cannabis...and over the counter pain killers 3 or 4 times a year.

So the question remains with the forum, Is It’s possible to accurately review cannabis while consuming prescription medication? Are we as a community unjustified in a review of a product if we are consuming prescription meds?

So Subjective.

When I was on the prescription drugs....cannabis gave me a Light at the End of a tunnel...rather than consistant..reliable pain relief...:pass:....but...it Was that Hope that stopped me ending my life.

The prescription drugs never gave me that relief.

I think anything you add is gonna effect the effects. Whether your diet or other drugs. Drugs interact synergistically. Even caffeine and thc has a different effect then either of them on their own or blunts with nicotine. Also everyone had a different body so no one strain effects everyone exactly the same

Looking at the different reactions between me and hubby....I've Wondered if it is a difference between female/male users..
med users/non med users....:shrug: ..and I've come u with no more conclusions other than what @Frank the Dank says...subjective...:pass:

@Frank the Dank Possible a hopeful sales pitch? For the Uk market it’s still a struggle even with Hemp unfortunately..:smoking:
Uh…. I ain’t selling shit. I was just passing along the info….:doh:

what I was really trying to do was pass on a cheap, quick way to try out some cbg to see if it works for your pain…

Last edited:

CBG cannabinoid

CBG medical
Have you tried Paleo and cleaning out your digestive tract. You can juice fast for a few days and drink 5 10 pounds of fruits and veggies a day and load up on nutrients. We all have waste inside our body's. Just liquids will help flush it out. Feel free to message me for more info if you want. Not medical advice, not a Dr. Just someone who found something working for them

Paleo is all natural basically. No grains legumes sugars. You can eat grass fed meat dairy, eggs. Fruits and vegetables. Basically anything you can eat raw is Paleo. You can't eat grains and legumes because they aren't meant to be eaten and poison you because they want to be grown into plants. Called anti nutrients. You gotta cut out all the processed shit and just eat raw and cook for yourself. There's only one restaurant here I can eat at that doesn't use GMO shit. Fermented grains and legumes are fine imo like miso soy sauce etc

@Mossy Yes just as you describe, it’s a fine line to walk and personally it’s difficult days looking for bright rays, Growing is an effective method of stimulation for me. It takes my mind off pain and is extremely therapeutic..

@Frank the Dank Lol:smoking:we have a missed communication, I was referring to my copy and past from Seedstockers CBG description…:bighug:

Growing is an effective method of stimulation for me. It takes my mind off pain and is extremely therapeutic..

Breeding/tailoring in my own med crosses did it for me.... :headbang: ...I Find a lot of recommended pain-killing crosses did nothing for me...and Satis can actually make my pain worse.
Good Luck on your Journey......:wizzy:

Back