Indoor Advice on number of plants (SOG ot not)

JMD

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sour diesel, strawberry cush, mexican ape haze
Hi,

I am heading to my second grow and have the set up below

80cmx80cmx170cm tent with 3 cxb3590 autocobs plus another 240w (real, 600w advertised) led lamp that I had bought before. Have also all the venting, exhaust and so on...

Last time had 4 15l smartpots and as had 2 extra seeds whom germinated added 2 7l plastic pots. In the end a couple plants from the big pots had a good yield vs pot size (+-40g) and the other couple big pots around 25g (plants where fat, but quite short <30cm). The thing is that the small pots, one has yielded 25g as well, and the other just below 20g... which led me thinking on doing 9 small pots instead of the 4 big ones + 2 small

I understand that I should be getting more from the big ones, but the benefit I see on the 9 plants is to have a lot of variety to smoke later...

Do you think 9 7L pots will be too much (they fit well as 23cm x 3 < 80cm)? And also in this SOG method, can I leave the plants completely untrained? Just thinking of training and tie all plants would be a hell of a work...

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers!

Coco or soil? What amount of weight are you aiming for? With just those three cobs most would probably recommend one plant.
Hi,

I am heading to my second grow and have the set up below

80cmx80cmx170cm tent with 3 cxb3590 autocobs plus another 240w (real, 600w advertised) led lamp that I had bought before. Have also all the venting, exhaust and so on...

Last time had 4 15l smartpots and as had 2 extra seeds whom germinated added 2 7l plastic pots. In the end a couple plants from the big pots had a good yield vs pot size (+-40g) and the other couple big pots around 25g (plants where fat, but quite short <30cm). The thing is that the small pots, one has yielded 25g as well, and the other just below 20g... which led me thinking on doing 9 small pots instead of the 4 big ones + 2 small

I understand that I should be getting more from the big ones, but the benefit I see on the 9 plants is to have a lot of variety to smoke later...

Do you think 9 7L pots will be too much (they fit well as 23cm x 3 < 80cm)? And also in this SOG method, can I leave the plants completely untrained? Just thinking of training and tie all plants would be a hell of a work...

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hi @Damien50 thanks for the reply!

Planning on Soil+perlites and weight is difficult to say but would be willing to trade off some to have a bit more of variety...

3 cobs for 1 plant only? wouldn't it be to much? Everywhere I see the recommendation for between 4 and 5 in a tent this size... have used 1 per plant last time, but true I didnt got massive yeld as well... but had imagined due to other factors...

80cm x 80? Isn't that like 30ish inches?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Back