Advice Please :) --

...if you use nutrients ☹️

That's my problem, I genuinely would like to grow smaller autos going forward in my current setup. I grow in organic soil only, in a 2x4’ and would like to run 4 plants at a time but I am continuing to run out of space even with pruning, and I also fight airflow issues and humidity due to environment, every time now.

I know smaller pots would definitely help; but I don’t feed at all (only tap water) so they need a decent amount of good soil to finish, and I think I’ve finally gotten effective watering down to a small amount of time with some new things this grow.

I've no concerns with yield, an ounce or two a plant should be fine…the last few plants I harvested were over 4 ounces each, and I don’t need half a pound a cycle at this point. I would much rather have 4 different plants each time and have up to 8 strains or more to choose from each day :baked:

Based on what I’ve gotten out of searching old threads, I’m thinking maybe topping and removing the first two nodes 3-4 weeks in might be helpful going forward, but I’m open to any more input or different ideas folks might have, and I think the answers may benefit the original question.
If I were in your situation…. I would have two wide five gallon (as opposed to tall five gallon pots) full of your organic soil, and each pot would have two plants.

Two multi pots would do really well in there, and give you some variety of strains.

:pass:

Edit: the more I think about it, I might have 7 gallon pots, instead of 5’s. But that depends on your soil I suppose…

Last edited:
Two multi pots
I appreciate the idea.

Starting out, 4 is perfect:
IMG_20230902_084710230_HDR.jpg

...how would you have kept these plants small :growing:?

Edit, for side picture refs (in post #13 here):

Last edited:
I ran 4 in a 3x3 and it was....difficult. not impossible but you will need to defoliate and lst to max the space. What you could do is grow in smaller pots. Though this wont negate the defoliation or lst but it will make it easier to move between plants. These pics below is my 4 plant run, first is when veg started to take off, next is when buds started piling on and last is the height of flower on all 4. It got packed quickly after about 1.5 months, but its do-ableView attachment 1642427View attachment 1642430View attachment 1642429
Last pic is max heighy on my light and plants were still within 18 inches by the end
That is unreal! WoW! Got me thinking for sure

You can always use smaller pots, to help control the size of the plants. The real question is, how many strains do you want to smoke? One large plant can fill that space, but even the dankest weed gets boring if that’s all you’re consuming. You can do four smaller plants in there…. It’s all about controlling size… :pass:
Been thinking of that too.. I want to mix up up and not just go with one strain

That is unreal! WoW! Got me thinking for sure
All of these are indica dominate too. Was doing lst and defoliating heavily throughout the grow. Everything came out good except the lower parts of the plants were very whispy and larfy. Had to toss one whole plant due to jarring it prematurely, molded in the jars in under a week. Live and learn. All 4 were in 5 gallon rain science bags, but if you are better at controlling growth than I am, its definitely possible. Autoflower420 told me I could do 9-12 in that space if I really managed the canopy and grew in 2 or 3 gallon pots.

Honestly, just looking for awesome bag appeal. Conversation starter when hanging with friends on the weekends
If you dont live in a legal state, DO NOT TELL ANYONE. Word of mouth travels fast and nothing gets you busted faster than a friend with a big mouth. If you live in a legal area its still better to not say anything. Nothing like getting robbed for the same reason....it happens

If you dont live in a legal state, DO NOT TELL ANYONE. Word of mouth travels fast and nothing gets you busted faster than a friend with a big mouth. If you live in a legal area its still better to not say anything. Nothing like getting robbed for the same reason....it happens
That's the way it used to be.. STRESSFUL!! But it's legal now here

I run a the same tent with 300W in it and have done up to 5 but that was way too much and even 4 is a little much there shouldn't a be much room left come flower. I have been running 3 in EB jr's lately and going to drop to 2 cause I've had crowding issue's still. Just depends on what you want to do many ways to skin this cat but I think your on the right track 1-4 plants max :goodluck::welcome::pass:
Hey dude, i ran 4 autos in a 2x2, and got the biggest yield to date (20 ounces). Not just yield but the tightest hardest nuggs ever. I had a spider farmer sf4000 running. So your 3x3 should be excellent for 4 plants! Your 300 watts should definitely provide sufficient amount of par and temp, try hanging a co2 bag in there too, i think that was what allowed me to take an insane harvest.

Back