Advice Please :) --

I appreciate the idea.

Starting out, 4 is perfect:
View attachment 1642618

...how would you have kept these plants small :growing:?

Edit, for side picture refs (in post #13 here):
I would be sure to keep the light low, to try and reduce stretch…. And I would hold off on defoliation until flower sets in….then I would take lateral branches and anything below canopy that won’t develop properly anyway….

Hey dude, i ran 4 autos in a 2x2, and got the biggest yield to date (20 ounces). Not just yield but the tightest hardest nuggs ever. I had a spider farmer sf4000 running. So your 3x3 should be excellent for 4 plants! Your 300 watts should definitely provide sufficient amount of par and temp, try hanging a co2 bag in there too, i think that was what allowed me to take an insane harvest.

Oh yeah it definitely can be done but I don’t enjoy having the tent that packed anymore. Humidity becomes an issue along with watering can be a pain. I think it boils down to grams per watt. Then the rest is personal preference :toke: I am also not after quantity I prefer quality and flavor over yield mine is for personal use only

I would be sure to keep the light low, to try and reduce stretch…. And I would hold off on defoliation until flower sets in….then I would take lateral branches and anything below canopy that won’t develop properly anyway….
Thanks, Frank; we'll see how things go next round. Appreciate the feedback :cheers:

...if you use nutrients ☹️

That's my problem, I genuinely would like to grow smaller autos going forward in my current setup. I grow in organic soil only, in a 2x4’ and would like to run 4 plants at a time but I am continuing to run out of space even with pruning, and I also fight airflow issues and humidity due to environment, every time now.

I know smaller pots would definitely help; but I don’t feed at all (only tap water) so they need a decent amount of good soil to finish, and I think I’ve finally gotten effective watering down to a small amount of time with some new things this grow.

I've no concerns with yield, an ounce or two a plant should be fine…the last few plants I harvested were over 4 ounces each, and I don’t need half a pound a cycle at this point. I would much rather have 4 different plants each time and have up to 8 strains or more to choose from each day :baked:

Based on what I’ve gotten out of searching old threads, I’m thinking maybe topping and removing the first two nodes 3-4 weeks in might be helpful going forward, but I’m open to any more input or different ideas folks might have, and I think the answers may benefit the original question.
Exactly! I want some daytime energy weed and then I might want some couch-lock stuff for at nights gaming and laughing at people on the internet. I quit drinking and now I am an energy mess. Can't stall still. A good buzz of good stuff puts me down. But I want what I grow, what I know exactly what it is and what's in it. (Organic if possible.) -- Thanks for the reply!!

I run a the same tent with 300W in it and have done up to 5 but that was way too much and even 4 is a little much there shouldn't a be much room left come flower. I have been running 3 in EB jr's lately and going to drop to 2 cause I've had crowding issue's still. Just depends on what you want to do many ways to skin this cat but I think your on the right track 1-4 plants max :goodluck::welcome::pass:
I think my LED light is 250 watts as advertised what ever that's worth. I need to get a outlet monitor to see what the light/setup is running for sure. The idea was to keep the energy bill down. Remember when people laughed at LED's lights and swore HPS was the way to go? Boy have we come a long ways for the better!! Don't get me wrong, HPS's kick ass but sooooo much power is needed

I have 5 photos in 2 gallon pots and it's pretty full, 4 or 5 in a 3x3 works for me
20231103_121758.jpg

Back