AFN 3.0 (March 2023 - Bugs, Oopsies, "Why did you do this?", and other Reporting)

In the desktop web view it used to be possible to load alerts with a hotkey ".", I don't have any alerts at the moment, but pressing it right now doesn't seem to do anything. (The bell (Alert) icon is still there though.)

Is it possible to disable the animation for things swooping in on scroll? Having stuff constantly moving in the corner of my vision really messes with my head sometimes. The async load-on-scroll is okay, and might improve site responsiveness, but cutting down on animations would be good...especially since they swoop out and then back in if you scroll up and back down. 😵

In general, the site looks good + seems responsive. I'm sure there's been a lot of work in the background, these kinds of migrations are always a massive pain!

Last edited:
On Android the alerts stuff stays at the top when I'm in a thread, but have to scroll to the top for it only on the home page. Any chance of changing the color of the @s and links within posts, they're the same color as the rest of the text so tough to see (empire light theme)

Where has my content and signature links gone ?

Cheers
Think you'll have to re-link under your signature for them to show up. The content should have made it over but when the old domain was shuttered those links no longer worked....took all of 5 minutes to do mine.

Hi, the listing of my "your content" is missing all the stuff between 2013 and short before the upgrade in my profile...the content is there, but not in the listing. Interestingly the old stuff popped up now. I don't really need it, but was wondering it it is just a reindexing issue someone has to do.

Duck duck go or brave browser doesn't give out a link to the new site. Found it on Google Chrome. Was starting to think the site went down for good. Much love everyone!

Starting yesterday, I lost the ability to use the default WYSIWYG editor, the "smiley" icon is greyed out and I can't use emojis. Or my mobile keyboard, because it doesn't pop up. Essentially, I'm on a BBS without ANSI LoL.

In the default editor, I can switch to ugly edit mode and can use my keyboard. But still no emoji options.

I don't know whether it's a setting local to me, but I've never experienced this on another site (or here).

Duck duck go or brave browser doesn't give out a link to the new site. Found it on Google Chrome. Was starting to think the site went down for good. Much love everyone!
I had that worry too, for a little while. Sure glad they came back.

Starting yesterday, I lost the ability to use the default WYSIWYG editor, the "smiley" icon is greyed out and I can't use emojis. Or my mobile keyboard, because it doesn't pop up. Essentially, I'm on a BBS without ANSI LoL.

In the default editor, I can switch to ugly edit mode and can use my keyboard. But still no emoji options.

I don't know whether it's a setting local to me, but I've never experienced this on another site (or here).
After making this post I was able to get it working by doing stuff I've been trying for two days but it works now.
:coco: :gassy: :gassy1: :spels::yoinks::cooldance::thumbsup::thanks::drool:

Back