AFN Myth Busters 2017

It’s interesting, you know, and this is meant as an observation not a criticism, I know because it specifically applies to myself as well. It is also a good reason for this myth-buster thread.
When you’re new at this canna gardening, you seek to find as much knowledge about growing as you can, at least I did. As with everything I do there always seems to be a plethora of gadgets and opinions and you name it about the specific subject. It’s true of so many things, playing an instrument, woodworking, etc.. If I had this guitar, this amp, I could play like Sony Landreth, or that table saw, boy the furniture I could make. Same with our gardens, this light, that soil, this treatment, that feed.
My point here is that with everything like this; it’s the skills of the person that matter more than all the crazy ass widgets and advice that’s available everywhere. Time, that is what it takes, time to learn and gain experience. That is the best and sharpest tools you will ever have, your brain and your experience!
Peace,

I’m not really. I am using the specific wavelengths of the led as my guide to what but do not have a good method to determine how much. I’m open to ideas. . . A lot of it will be based on empirical research, observations

You can rent a Sekonic spectrometer from B&H to measure the CRI and the individual colors in the spectrum.

Hello AFN! Are there any myths on color temperature of light? Does it matter if you start with 4k and switch to 3k when they start to flower?

Though not conclusive, it seems that though plants do not need a dark period, recent studies seem to point to better production with a brief " night period" I believe the study used 2-4 hours. More research is needed but this is pointing in that direction.

I know this is an old comment, but I read something a while back from Swami, I think, that said all mobile nutrients that will return to the rootball during the dark have done so after 6 hours.

Back