Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
Hey guys, we're just starting to work out some of the details but in collaboration with @pop22 , we're going to work on a more mainstream myth busting section for common urban grow legends and things that have been generally accepted to be true but not really proven with proof.

pop's running the show here for the AFN Myth Busters but I'm sure if you guys have ideas or things you would want to see worked on or towards proving/dispelling, feel free to start snowballing some ideas!

Feed to runoff (coco and soil)?
Difference between "feed feed feed" and "feed water feed"? Details please.
Autos and 24h light cycle? Disminishing returns and high electricy bill worth the yield?
Do "soil lightmixes" (Plagron, Biobizz) contains living organisms?
Molassess and living organisms?
What sugars do to plants? Differences between let's say molasses and "bud candy" or "carboload"?
Flushing (plain water fed) 7-14 days before harvest? Impact on quallity, aroma, terpenes?

Yep, putting them in the dark is a total waste of time, ranks right up there with flushing......... not once have I seen anyone prove it to do anything by comparing it to a clone that didn't get the dark period, then having the buds tested. ( which is why no one will prove it, who's going to spent that kind of money on a losing bet.. ) You can't compare 2 different plants..... the results are meaningless.

From what I know doing a 24-48 hour dark period to increase resin is a myth, can we get this busted guys?

Pic one ( or more ) and write about it! Contribute to this potential guide to myth busting!

Feed to runoff (coco and soil)?
Difference between "feed feed feed" and "feed water feed"? Details please.
Autos and 24h light cycle? Disminishing returns and high electricy bill worth the yield?
Do "soil lightmixes" (Plagron, Biobizz) contains living organisms?
Molassess and living organisms?
What sugars do to plants? Differences between let's say molasses and "bud candy" or "carboload"?
Flushing (plain water fed) 7-14 days before harvest? Impact on quallity, aroma, terpenes?

All those specialty "Bud enhancers" are snake oil. Everything the plant needs is already in your nutrients, adding more does nothing but increase the chance of excess salts build up. They put some form of nutrient in all of these to prevent them being sued, as they can say then " but it has what plants need".........

A little molasses is good for feeding microlife in organic soil. I doubt there's much life in other mediums when running high EC.

Awesome pop! Next harvest I won't be wasting time with a dark period lol.

But yeah I'd like to see the difference between molassess and bud candy or something similar.

Back