AFN Myth Busters 2017

I just don't think lab results are standardized enough to be reliable. Send the same thing to 3 diff places will you get the same results? Also i have heard people comparing results saying 13% strain result was actually better than some 25% - even comparing them by type of cannabinoid. Like thc and thca etc.
So i laugh at dispensaries and people who brag about %. I mean not because I think they are foolish to rely on it or that those people are "dumb" or "ignorant" I mean the labs i think do not test consistently and have varying results on reliability. Idk much about the testing labs and process I guess I maintain a sense of professional skepticism about them

I just don't think lab results are standardized enough to be reliable. Send the same thing to 3 diff places will you get the same results? Also i have heard people comparing results saying 13% strain result was actually better than some 25% - even comparing them by type of cannabinoid. Like thc and thca etc.
So i laugh at dispensaries and people who brag about %. I mean not because I think they are foolish to rely on it or that those people are "dumb" or "ignorant" I mean the labs i think do not test consistently and have varying results on reliability. Idk much about the testing labs and process I guess I maintain a sense of professional skepticism about them

By that logic then, and to answer your original question, ask your mates where they get the photo THC %'s from and dismiss them also when they say lab tested.

Growers are know to send multiple samples then cherry pick the result. Hell, no two buds on a single plant will be exactly the same. I would suspect there will be a range that each plant will fall into. And the whole THC percentage thing is bullshit anyway. It's become a marketing tool. There are landrace strains that test 9-10% and yet they'll kick your but and nail you to the couch! Terpenes and flavinoids play a large part in the high I believe. I wouldn't buy weed based on THC percent. Of course now i suppose it's not allowed to sniff the buds. Wouldn't know really, never been in a dispensary.

Growers are know to send multiple samples then cherry pick the result. Hell, no two buds on a single plant will be exactly the same. I would suspect there will be a range that each plant will fall into. And the whole THC percentage thing is bullshit anyway. It's become a marketing tool. There are landrace strains that test 9-10% and yet they'll kick your but and nail you to the couch! Terpenes and flavinoids play a large part in the high I believe. I wouldn't buy weed based on THC percent. Of course now i suppose it's not allowed to sniff the buds. Wouldn't know really, never been in a dispensary.
Hrm I guess one could use the same testing center and send an AF there for testing.

All those specialty "Bud enhancers" are snake oil. Everything the plant needs is already in your nutrients, adding more does nothing but increase the chance of excess salts build up. They put some form of nutrient in all of these to prevent them being sued, as they can say then " but it has what plants need".........

A little molasses is good for feeding microlife in organic soil. I doubt there's much life in other mediums when running high EC.
LOL, reminds me of the movie "Idiocracy" ..Brawndo...it's got what plants crave.

Plants are alot more amazing than many realize. Yes, its proven than plants communicate with each other and send warnings of insect attacks. They can warn each other of attack vectors in the soil also. The roots of plants have sensors at the tips that tell it about nutrients, good and bad bacteria, where other plants are located! They can release a chemical signal to call helpful bacteria etc to their aid when needed! Their is some good information on this in Rob Spear's book:
Marijuana Cultivation Reconsidered.

If we damage a plant and leave it in a last week flowering tent... Maybe the flowering plants can communicate an attack and produce more trichomes as a defence effort?

I believe from what I've read, the communication i done through the root systems so they'd have to be in the same pot or bed.

If we damage a plant and leave it in a last week flowering tent... Maybe the flowering plants can communicate an attack and produce more trichomes as a defence effort?

Hi, forester here. Pop's got the idea. Plants communicate through roots, more specifically through the mycelium connecting the roots.

It’s even more fun though to play with tropisms and light effect. Cool stuff like green light fostering shade effect , uv increasing trichome production.
Check this out:
. These results indicate that shade symptoms can be induced by the addition of green light and that cryptochrome receptors and an unknown light sensor participate in acclimation to the enriched green environment.
From an abstract I found on the American Society of Plant Biologists web site. Interesting, very interesting. Ima gonna add some green light and see, just checking for wavelengths.
Already working on supplemental blue, UVA, UVB,and Emerson effect reds.

Plant communication is pretty fascinating stuff. Sorry if it’s way off topic. Sitting in a waiting room bored and free associating.

Your input is always welcome!

It’s even more fun though to play with tropisms and light effect. Cool stuff like green light fostering shade effect , uv increasing trichome production.
Check this out:

From an abstract I found on the American Society of Plant Biologists web site. Interesting, very interesting. Ima gonna add some green light and see, just checking for wavelengths.
Already working on supplemental blue, UVA, UVB,and Emerson effect reds.

Plant communication is pretty fascinating stuff. Sorry if it’s way off topic. Sitting in a waiting room bored and free associating.

Back