Lighting AFNs live LED help thread.

We're about to launch our new review system (which I'm sure we'll be tweaking as we go along,) but essentially we're able to create a template that has a majority of the questions on it that most members would want to know about it (so takes the guesswork out of what to write in the review, but also some text box to write in your own stuff.) I've got Grams Per Watt and Grams Per Square Meter/Foot on there as well.

Have you seen our Live test with them?

https://www.autoflower.org/forums/spectrum-king-led.340/

Might even get two grows per growers in the 6 month span (give or take,) I know that doesn't help you now but at least you can see some current grows by our test growers!

Thanks, I wasn't aware but checking the link it's impressive stuff and top growers testing. We shall see.

It's an exciting time, with GN available in the US (sometime this century) it's going to be interesting seeing whose doing the best with what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see Spectrum King getting a lot of bad press on other forums that I lurk in.

Maybe it's the price, maybe it's the hard selling, but I've yet to see any grows that really justify the huge mark up, even on Ytube from the man himself, but im always open minded and all new tech and competition is a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Price is relative to the materials used in the lights for the most part. A company taking 400 in materials and building a light that sells for 1000 isn't bad considering. But a company that takes 100 in materials and sells it for 500 is wrong. My limited experience with SK does show they use good LEDs atleast.

Price is relative to the materials used in the lights for the most part. A company taking 400 in materials and building a light that sells for 1000 isn't bad considering. But a company that takes 100 in materials and sells it for 500 is wrong. My limited experience with SK does show they use good LEDs atleast.

It looks solid, and I'm not opposed to spending big (I have budmaster and HS1 lol) but my best value light by far has been my GN Ms0006.

And that's really just a high bin Epiled Apollo, with a tweaked spectrum.

If it does the biz in the tests with Grim Reefer and co, then I'll gladly sing its praises.

A grand for a high grade LED light that can grow 6 decent sized plants is good value in my eyes.

Any one ever seen this Nutri led 31 watts 2:1 red blue ratio leds with 660nm red and 460 nm blue. The reflector is parabloic what ever that means lol. I just so happen to have a close friend that hooked me up for x mas and know nothing about leds. Its really bright just by itself a very purple pink light.

Attachments

• IMG_20161216_175742.jpg
    IMG_20161216_175742.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20161216_192110.jpg
    IMG_20161216_192110.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20161216_191933.jpg
    IMG_20161216_191933.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20161216_192039.jpg
    IMG_20161216_192039.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Any one ever seen this Nutri led 31 watts 2:1 red blue ratio leds with 660nm red and 460 nm blue. The reflector is parabloic what ever that means lol. I just so happen to have a close friend that hooked me up for x mas and know nothing about leds. Its really bright just by itself a very purple pink light.
Nice gift. Wattage usually doesn't matter as much as the efficiency. They don't list efficiency numbers but do list the output in umoles. I find 450-800 umoles to be ideal for autoflowering plants. This is listed at 105 ~umoles so I wouldn't consider it a sole light source on its own. I see a mars there next to it too so I would keep the mars and maybe use the new bar as side lighting. Hope this helps

Nice gift. Wattage usually doesn't matter as much as the efficiency. They don't list efficiency numbers but do list the output in umoles. I find 450-800 umoles to be ideal for autoflowering plants. This is listed at 105 ~umoles so I wouldn't consider it a sole light source on its own. I see a mars there next to it too so I would keep the mars and maybe use the new bar as side lighting. Hope this helps
Definitely helpful brother. I have the 2 mars 127 watts each and the new led 31 watts and my 600 watt hps covering a 5x5 area I think I can run 6 plants in 5 gallon buckets and have nice coverage and room to work with I dont like it too packed. I was also thinking diy crees in the old mars hydros and the new led would be a good start. I eventually wanna replace my hps with 3590 crees and 048 clus.

When your ready head over to the DIY section and I'll be happy to help you out. Conversions are fairly inexpensive these days. Most m300's cost less than $100 for a full swap. :cheers:

Hello, good night

I am from Brazil, and new to indoor growing. I am currently using a 400w HPS. and I wanto to switch to this LED : Advanced Platinum p600.

I want to know if it is a good replacement, and if this light goes well with 9 auto plants on a 2,50m² tent . 4'x4 tent

Thanks!

What kind of led light can you buy in the United states that is equivalent to the HS1's

Back