Amazing Cross: AK Berry!

Hi all,

I’ve been an AFN member here for quite some time, but haven’t posted for a couple of years. Since my last postings I’ve had lots of fun using colloidal silver to make my own feminized seeds for Dutch Passion Think Different (TD), Big Buddha Seeds Super Automatic Sativa (SAS), Samsara Seeds Thunder Bloody Mary, Heavyweight 2 Fast 2 Vast (2F2V), Delicious Sugar Black Rose, and Sensi Super Skunk (SS).

I’ve also grown regular auto seeds: Lowlife Automatic AK 47, and Dutchbreed Lowberry (LB). Since I live in Alaska, and due to the genetics, I've named this amazing cross, AK Berry.

With those varieties I’ve done some crossing of strains. AK47 X LB, LB X SAS, LB X TD, SAS X TD. I’ve just frozen most of those resulting seeds, and have only grown out the F1 seeds of the AK47 x LB.

Oh, and I grew a photoperiod strain, Super Lemon Haze. Awesome high. Ten dry ounces from one plant.

I’ve also made a lot of cannabutter, and too many brownies! Interesting note that even after 3 years in the freezer after being vacuum packed, no noticeable loss of THC.

Currently I’m growing out some old seeds of regular Short Stuff Mi5. That’s a learning curve trying to get old seeds to germinate. I have only 3 seeds left, after having limited luck with the other 7 seeds, and am hoping I get a male and female so I get seeds.

Now to the point of this thread: my very first crossing of Auto AK 47 with Lowberry, which I've named, AK Berry. It is amazing. See pics. Buds were beautiful and dense, the high was buzzy and euphoric, but what really made this cross stand out was the smell. The entire house smelled like sweet, sweet berries. I still have one bud jarred after all of this time, and it still smells just like a bowl of berries. Amazing.

I’m wondering if there would be interest in a thread documenting my progress if I go forward with this F1, and try to make it more stable in its berry smell and purple/red buds. Anyone? I have no experience growing beyond F1, so if anyone has any pointers, let me know. I have hundreds of seeds, so have room to experiment.

If anyone has questions on any of the above varieties, use of colloidal silver, cannabutter, or whatever, let me know, and I’ll do my best to answer.

Serious Bag appeal! Love the sound of the cross.I look forward to your thread. Laters

Thanks Tobe. My plan is simple. I'll take 20 one-gallon pots, for 20 seeds. I'll select the one best male, judging by its strength and berry smell of the leaves (although that smell may only be detectable in the buds, but I can't recall). Then I'll freeze the pollen. I'll do this again with 20 seeds, and choose the most berry-smelling and the most-beautiful purple and dense buds. I'll use the frozen pollen from the male, and then grow the resulting seeds to an F2. Then keep at it for maybe 3 more generations. Am I missing something? Seems straight-forward. Lots of fun!
Hi my friend
Sounds like a good plan. On the male side look for the male with the most pollen sacks. The male give the bud structure to the female. Rubb your fingers at the steam after the third note to judge the smell. For potency dry some of the male flowers and smoke them as the first smoke of the day.
For colour look at the pollen sacks you will see some colour if they carry it in the genetic.

That's the way I select the right male.

cu tobe

Hi my friend
Sounds like a good plan. On the male side look for the male with the most pollen sacks. The male give the bud structure to the female. Rubb your fingers at the steam after the third note to judge the smell. For potency dry some of the male flowers and smoke them as the first smoke of the day.
For colour look at the pollen sacks you will see some colour if they carry it in the genetic.

cu tobe
Wow! Thanks for that info! I was clueless. Is this from your own experience, or is this common knowledge for breeders? Thanks so much! Anything else comes to mind, please let me know. I really appreciate it!

Wow! Thanks for that info! I was clueless. Is this from your own experience, or is this common knowledge for breeders? Thanks so much! Anything else comes to mind, please let me know. I really appreciate it!

Most of the info are from my own experience. My grandfather was also a cannabis breeder and I got his old scripts. I also talked to other breeders and they got the same experience like my grandfather and myself.

Do you know a technique to find the strongest plant. I call it multi grow.
Put 3 seeds in one pot you will see that one is stronger than the other two.
I only do it with F1 seeds to get the strongest. In the next round I grow single plants in one pot. I look for the thread where I show how it works.

cu tobe

Do you know a technique to find the strongest plant. I call it multi grow.
Put 3 seeds in one pot you will see that one is stronger than the other two.
I only do it with F1 seeds to get the strongest. In the next round I grow single plants in one pot. I look for the thread where I show how it works.

cu tobe
Wow. I'm just not thinking. Of course I'll do the 3-seed, but didn't think of it. I do that with vegetable seedlings. So now in 20 one-gallon pots I'll put three seeds each, so will have 60 plants to choose from, not 20. Glad you mentioned it! Thank you!

Hi my friend

cu tobe
When you say smoke the male flowers, you mean the pollen sacks, or leaves? Thanks.

You can strip the pollen sacks off; if there's resin it's not on them. The resin won't develop for a few weeks. I let this plant fully develop to see how much resin it would produce.
IMG_2397.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2396.JPG
    IMG_2396.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 213
Back