New Grower Auto Flower, Photo Period, Light Sensitive - Differences

Explanation:

Photo Period Cannabis Plants: Photo Period Cannabis Plants flower typically when light levels reach or fall below 12 hours light / 12 hours dark (For Sativas) and 14 Hours Light and 10 hours dark (For Indicas). Most of the well known varieties of Cannabis found around the planet today are Photoperiod Strains of Cannabis. Examples: Northern Lights, Skunk, Silver Haze, etc.
Vegetative lighting for photoperiod Cannabis Plants is typically 18 light/6 hours dark which keeps them in a perpetual Veg state (not flowering).

Light Sensitive Cannabis Plants: Light Sensitive Cannabis Plants typically flower when the Light Levels they were used to in the Vegetative Stage start to dwindle and don't neccesarily require the Usual 12/12 or 14/10 to trigger full flowering. This means Premium crops of Cannabis can be harvested usually early to mid- September in the Northern latitudes (IE 45 N). which is good for the grower and bad for LEO... :toke:

Auto Flowering Cannabis Plants: A fairly recent addition to the Medicinal Cannabis World Stage, Auto Flowering Cannabis Varieties can be grown in virtually any light period and typically still progress very rapidly from a seedling through a short aggressive Vegetative Stage and directly into the Flowering Stage. Thanks to many fine breeders there are many strains available already and many more coming out quite regularly. Here at Auomaticseed.com you'll see the latest releases and get fair pricing. Check in often as you won't want to miss what's in store.

Autoflowering varieties typically flower depending on variety between 60 and 120 days from when the seed is placed in the soil and germinated. Although cloning is possible, it is a very brief period when it can be done and typically is not considered a viable alternative for extra yields, although some experiments have been shown to be successful.

Oh so anything that has early photo?

i always thought that "Early Photo" strains just had a shorter flowering time, i didnt know that they were actually triggered without 12/12

funny thing about that is this morning i was thinking to myself someone should make a strain that is still triggered by light change but earlier than 12/12, funny i stumbled upon this post :p

thanks man, i may look into these this year, not sure though

Actually scratch that, im trying to get my plants out as early as possible before the peak of hurricane season/ short pre duck season in sepetember, do you think id be better off going with a super auto or an early photo? yield is my big concern too, im doing 2 strains, one for simply wantitng to grow it ( duuurty dragons ) and one for yield, fuck this is a hard decission im planning on planting around april 1st

if i got one it would end up being this - http://automaticseed.com/highrise-female-seeds/39-mighty-durban-s1.html since it seems to have the earliest harvest expectancy

ok thanks buddy, i might be goin with the mighty durban s1, i'll have to look and see when the early week for duck season is, i care about yield, but i will have a higher yield with a super auto than an early photo if my photo gets ripped by some hunters :p

i know that the nearby land is hunted by a few people in season which is why im being so cautious, i feel like my spot would be an ideal spot for people to sit out and wait for some unfortunate ducks to fly over haha

maybe im just paranoid, idk haha

light sensitive plants start to flower by the reduction of daylight hours not a specific amount of hours, therefore your Lat makes some difference in finish times but the plants will start to flower soon after the summer solstice... now if your to far south...say under 34N then they may act more like a"super" autoflower. Most if not all the strains I have listed here will finish between aug 15 and sept 25th. from 34N to 55N.. thats a large range and I have more data from northern Lats than from the south.

Female seeds of Mighty Durban S1 will all finish before the 18th of sept at 45N.

light sensitive plants start to flower by the reduction of daylight hours not a specific amount of hours, therefore your Lat makes some difference in finish times but the plants will start to flower soon after the summer solstice... now if your to far south...say under 34N then they may act more like a"super" autoflower. Most if not all the strains I have listed here will finish between aug 15 and sept 25th. from 34N to 55N.. thats a large range and I have more data from northern Lats than from the south.

Female seeds of Mighty Durban S1 will all finish before the 18th of sept at 45N.

yeah im down south, so im possibly going to consider just getting an early photo, that was the one i was looking at, the bud looks great :smokebuds:
if i end up doing this i'll let you know what happens so you can have info on it from a southern prospective haha

EDIT, cres the light chart on your post is awsome thanks for posting that, im at about 35N and hope to start em in april, what you think? i'll be doin the mighty durban s1 females if i do early photos

Its a winner for sure I think you will be happy with it, are you going to grow it in a swamp?

Its a winner for sure I think you will be happy with it, are you going to grow it in a swamp?

Pretty much it's kind of just an open field t the end of a swamp wig deep water channels runnisng hey t where the swamp empties out thats one reason I like this, mold resistance, as long as I pull around mid September I'll be happy

Back