12/12 light cycle for breeding?

Whats the result of 12/12 on autoflowers?
  1. Continuous Growth: Autoflowers will continue their growth and flowering, regardless of the light cycle. They won't delay or prolong their flowering phase due to changes in the light schedule.
  2. Unaffected Flowering Time: Autoflowers will flower at their usual time, which is predetermined by their genetics and age, typically within a few weeks from germination.
  3. Yield and Size: With a 12/12 light cycle from start to finish, autoflowers might potentially yield less or have smaller plants compared to those grown under longer light periods, like 18/6 or 20/4, which are more commonly recommended for these plants to maximize growth.
With all that said It seems to me like 12/12 would be optimal for breeding If i want large auto sativas to stay as small in a tent. What do all you think ?

I'm a 24hrs guy , it really depends on the strain , it would be nice if you grew the same plant before you try to breed it so you know how it will act

Not ideal IMO, you wont know the full potential of your breeding stock if your only growing under 12/12

Keeping "large" autos short is short of a conumdrum because if you have "large" growth genetics, a small tent and 12/12 wont really stop them from growing.

Whats the result of 12/12 on autoflowers?
  1. Continuous Growth: Autoflowers will continue their growth and flowering, regardless of the light cycle. They won't delay or prolong their flowering phase due to changes in the light schedule.
  2. Unaffected Flowering Time: Autoflowers will flower at their usual time, which is predetermined by their genetics and age, typically within a few weeks from germination.
  3. Yield and Size: With a 12/12 light cycle from start to finish, autoflowers might potentially yield less or have smaller plants compared to those grown under longer light periods, like 18/6 or 20/4, which are more commonly recommended for these plants to maximize growth.
With all that said It seems to me like 12/12 would be optimal for breeding If i want large auto sativas to stay as small in a tent. What do all you think ?
If you want short plants, use lots of blue light, and top them. You can also keep them in solos to limit size, but the watering hassles may not suit, unless you automate it. Also, regardless of what else you do, you can always keep them small with the snippers.

OTOH, I don't breed seriously, I just chuck a bit of pollen, so I am not sure what will work for what you have in mind. :pighug:

Back