Indoor Auto ultimate, autopot, under 4xcob viparspectra 450 conversion

Quentin3176

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
Now then grofo's. Figured I'd start a journal on this grow as it's been a long while since I did one. I'm growing an auto ultimate in an autopot as I've wanted to try the ultimate indoors for a long while now. I grew her a couple of years ago in my greenhouse and to this day she is the biggest auto Ive grown. 6.3 Oz dry from a plant I accidentally snapping during veg and only grew 7 side branches, she was a beast.
This will be my first run in the autopots with an autoflower, I've had a few photos runs in them and I must say since changing from handwatering to these my life is so much easier and for twice the reward. I can't say a bad word about them. So I'm hoping I can grow a beautiful auto in one under its own light whilst I have a little space.
I don't want to jinx myself but I massively want to grow a 10oz auto.. if I can get close I'll be one proud mofo.
So anyway on with the show.

•Dutch passion. Auto ultimate.
•Autopot
•coco
•mills nutrients line. with abit of overdrive towards the end.
•Viparspectra 450 panel. Converted..4 x citizen 1212.

I've been using mills nutrients for about 3/4 grows now and stand by them. I've not used a vast majority of the nutrients out there but of what I have used, this is what has stuck. Easy to use, fairly cheap, not a massive line to have to buy, and DOES THE FUCKING JOB!!!! :thumbsup: you know it makes sense rodders ;)

Starting the journal at day 12 and was put into her final pot yesterday. I'll be handwatering for a week or so then she'll be in the pot :headbang:

20200513_103305.jpg

^ around day 7.....I start them in a rock wool plug then once I see the root I put it into a net pot for a week or so. I find I get a nice root ball to start instead of the single tap root shooting straight to the bottom of the pot, There's little to zero chance of restricting root growth, and i can keep her in the proporgator as a seedling much longer. I've planted the net pots straight into the outdoor bed before too but did find that some of the larger roots were crippled by the small holes.
20200519_211853.jpg

^ day 11. Before transplant. I had around 6/7 roots poking from the bottom and sides.
I'd been feeding her 0.6ec.

20200520_181217.jpg

^today. Day 12.. settling in well. She's still under cfl for now as my lights are in use but shes perfectly fine for now. She's now feeding at around 1.2ec and I'll be pretty much following the feed chart with a bit of a dilution.

Cheers guys
Q

This is pretty much all Ill be using. I'm not sure what the cal mag cost but the mills and overdrive is less than £85 and usually lasts me 1.5 photo grows.
20200520_185802.jpg
20200520_185550.jpg

Welcome back Quentin, remember you from earlier cause we had the same light. Is that conversion treating you good? I'm also looking at the autopots somewhere in the future. Have a friend who's rocking it on his second attempt. What size pot do you have?
Best of luck getting that 10oz!

Eyup mate how you doing? :pass:
I must say the lights have been amazing for me. I've pretty much halved my electric bill. What used to cost me £5 a day including the house, now costs £3. And the plants absolutely love it. They seem to have much more vigour about them than with the blurple. I've even converted my 600 to take 8 cobs but to be fair I need to make a bigger panel for that one. It's brilliant but far too focused. I could spread them much more and still do well I reckon. I'll be up there later so I'll take a pic...
I'd definitely recommend the auto pots mate. I bought the 4 pot system from eBay, I think it was £70ish. The pots are 15ltr I think, 3 gal. They're the same size pots I've been using but slightly taller so I'd say they're 3.5gal maybe? I can't even use all 4 at once though as the plants grow to well for my 1.2x1.2 tent now, so it's now 2 upstairs and 1 in the shed. I just bought a cheap res for the shed from my local grow shop which is currently flushing a night queen auto upstairs that didn't auto lol.... She's a peach though :smokeit:

Day 18 today and she's in the autopot. I've had an issue this week with what I think is spiderman. The night queen upstairs got em so I've been spraying that over the last week and seem to have halted them at least. Luckily I was mid flush when I noticed so I've harvested her and washed with h2o2 but I'm thinking I've transfered them to the shed. Again I've been spraying her with a mixture....(1 cup veg oil , tsp wash liquid, 2 crushed garlic cloves) and put a drop into a spray bottle with water. So far it seems to have controlled it, i hope....the new growth looks good and untouched. I've left this cup of mixture under the plant and the whole grow room reeks of garlic, so I'm thinking maybe that will help too? Aside from that all is well and growth hasn't been to bad regardless of the pests. She was put into the autopot today and the cob has been added. Just 2 turned on for now though. It should be all go from here :headbang:
20200526_182901.jpg
20200526_182824.jpg
20200526_182813.jpg

The night queen "auto" washed and hung. This was grown under my 8 cob Viparspectra 600 in autopot with mills nutrients. There's just a sour diesel up there now that I can't find it single mite on.
20200526_183204.jpg
20200526_183144.jpg
20200526_183130.jpg
20200526_183116.jpg
20200524_232048.jpg

Good to see ya again mate, ha ha out on the washing line you really don't give a monkey about your neighbours. Are they 420 friendly?

How did u do outdoor last year? Bit of a wash out wasn't it? I got a few of in but it was touch and go with the budrot. Had I left it a week longer would've all been lost to it.

Good to see ya on the autopot bandwagon, and hoping I got the mites under control now.

Now them mate how are you :pass:.Desperate times mate haha I had no where decent enough to hang them to drip dry after washing them and was worried I'd fuck it up and rot them so they had a couple of hours on the wash line. You can see the drip patches on the paving haha. No rot as yet or mites that I can see :biggrin:. Great success!!!!!!!! Most of the neighbours are pretty decent. Everyone keeps themselves to themselves. No one knows what's going on but I'm always out here like Titchmarsh anyway so I assume it all just goes under the radar. We've new next doors that I'm keeping am eye on but Ill keep going for now. I'll get ripped before I get grassed. Not a great incentive but I know what I'd prefer lol.
Are you outdoors this year mate? Last year sounds about the same for me mate. Nothing took off. Most was airy and lanky and a lot of mould. I've high hopes for this year. Long as no one knicks it lol.

As for this one. I'm not holding my breath about the mites but I do think it's halted for now. Just looked this morning and the new growth is still fresh. She's praying to the cob and hopefully will do well. I'm sure she'll have slowed a touch but it is only early days yet. :pass::vibes:

Now them mate how are you :pass:.Desperate times mate haha I had no where decent enough to hang them to drip dry after washing them and was worried I'd fuck it up and rot them so they had a couple of hours on the wash line. You can see the drip patches on the paving haha. No rot as yet or mites that I can see :biggrin:. Great success!!!!!!!! Most of the neighbours are pretty decent. Everyone keeps themselves to themselves. No one knows what's going on but I'm always out here like Titchmarsh anyway so I assume it all just goes under the radar. We've new next doors that I'm keeping am eye on but Ill keep going for now. I'll get ripped before I get grassed. Not a great incentive but I know what I'd prefer lol.
Are you outdoors this year mate? Last year sounds about the same for me mate. Nothing took off. Most was airy and lanky and a lot of mould. I've high hopes for this year. Long as no one knicks it lol.

As for this one. I'm not holding my breath about the mites but I do think it's halted for now. Just looked this morning and the new growth is still fresh. She's praying to the cob and hopefully will do well. I'm sure she'll have slowed a touch but it is only early days yet. :pass::vibes:

I'm ok, this virus shit got everyone going crazy, think bit of growing is the best antidote! I think if ya sound with ya neighbours it's less likely to be a problem, I got mine out back now, they stay in the groom overnight. Be taking them to the old ladys again, be the 4th year done it there so fingers crossed. Using a brand of seeds that don't have much presence on here, not sure why, names 'real gorilla seeds', they're UK based and are early finishers suited to our climate. I ran all RGS last year and did ok in the end with a lb thereabouts in total, cropped Sept to Oct and reasonable buds but there were bits of BR starting and did lose oz or two to it. Buds defo better than the year before when I did straight photos which were a bit airy with me finishing late Oct.

Got a small grow in garage too, was supposed to get just setting up the outdoor girls but got 2 meph sour hound and a dp white widow. The WW stays small as grew it outdoor last yr as do the sour hounds. I lost will on here mate, when was just doing the outdoor, just ain't
the same when u not got your own indoor going.

Subbed anyway and wanting to see ya smash it with the a'pots. Looking good so far mate.

Yeah man it's crazy times for sure. So grateful to have a garden to hide away in. I'd be interested to see how those do for you mate as I've struggled to finish a decent photo here really as by end of September I'm pretty much out of sun, or at least where I can hide a plant anyway. I've usually been the same around end Oct. Latest was Nov 5th. And yeah I get you there mate its all well and good being outdoors I love it but I still couldn't do without the indoor just to be safe lol. I lost interest on here too last year really as last year's attempt was terrible so maybe keeping an indoor thread too will keep me here abit more haha.

Back