Autoflowering Defoliation: Positive or Negative

normal_Retard_Win.jpg

EoF , you werent completely wrong or at fault , i went and edited/reworded that post as it was easilly mistaken for something other then what i really meant , more my fault then yours , for that im sorry

no harm :hug:

water under the bridge :Sharing One:

- - - Updated - - -

even though i grin whenever i see or hear that

its so wrong/bad

lol peace

Pickpocket, fuck me, you got balls printing that. I'm laughing out loud and cringing at the same time. But I know what you mean.

And the winner is............The AFN vibe once again defeats all comers.

Take a lesson all you other forums, this is the tightest network bar none, come and have a go if you think you're hard enough !!! eP.

HellI laughed,I even saved the pic.I thought it was funny.Pissed me off for 0.5 seconds but I realise Im an oddball.LOL!:Sharing One:

This is a royal dwarf autoflower 3 months old.All the lower branches and and leafs were removed,and a lot of leaves from the top alsoo.(500 ml plastic bottle) It depends on the grower,some do it and some dont,some plants like it some dont.
Nature and all the insects can be harsh on plants growing outside,it is part of nature.Off course i don't advise this on small or sick plants.
Did fimming,topping,lollipop,you name it....all done on autoflowers and i don't regret it ;)
_MG_0832.JPG
_MG_0831.JPG

I messed with defoliation on large outdoor photoperiod plants this year. I initially near stripped a single main branch, not all fans but most just at preflower. That branch in the beginning of preflower had the fastest bud formation, and in the end the best bud formation. Started doing it to my other 4 plants and had the best weights ever. The only other variable was a switch from foxfarm to advanced nutrients.
Don't know what else to say.

I am convinced major defoliation is pretty much like a guy shaving his pubs.
It doesn't change the size of his business, it just makes "the bud" appear a little larger, especially to the one that trimmed it.
The best and funniest thing I've heard in a while!![emoji23] [emoji106]

I came on to see what you all had to say about defoliation. Gonna leaf tuck and take off larger fan leaves that are blocking lower sites..that's about it. No need to give them a major trim...

My opinion (which doesn't matter much even to me)

I've played with this a bit over the years and have never really seen a gain in end size or weight.

Now just an FYI: I am lazy and I have more room than I will mention here where I grow, so I always do side and fill lights on larger crops anyway which may squew the whole thing.

So... I don't need to train anything and I've always figured if 1000 watts was good, then 5000 is better.

All I do now is start trimming them out more and more as I near harvest to save on trim time as I like to hang whole plants.

Something else I learned long ago and have always done that has no basis in fact: I always cut every plant off where it comes out of the medium and hang the whole thing.

And as always.... YMMV

Back