New Grower Autopot / Coco Indoor Grow - Dutch Passion Think Different and Seedsman Amnesia Haze

Day 55 - Been feeding around 500PPM / 1.0EC and decided to go to 550PPM the past couple days.

I am seeing a ton of the lower leaves start to die (i just pull them out). Is this a sign of over nutrition?

Amnesia Haze - Tips seem red? Should I dial back nutrition?

Leave burn.JPG

Think Different 1 -

Nute Burn 2.JPG
Nute burn.JPG

TD Burn.JPG

Overall Set up

Setup.JPG

Day 80 - I am seeing recovery from the last couple weeks. Somewhere in November from Day 60, I had root rot and/or nute lockout which made my two of my plants sick. I decided to do a full top feed flush with florakleen and added nutes/bennys to help them recover. So far, it seems the Think Different has recovered nicely.

I have taken them out of the autopot trays and will be top feeding, from now on.

I also decided to flush with just water, the last week (with florakleen the last couple runs) because I have been using synthetic nutrients and feel it is necessary to get rid of it and get better taste.

I know this goes against the advice I have gotten from here but my thinking /research is that with Jacks 3 2 1, its better to flush because it is synthetic. However, I was also thinking of feeding the sick ones (Seedsman Amnesia Auto) to the end to let them recover as much as possible before harvest; however, I am concerned that will sacrifice quality and lead to a harsher smoke because of my nutes (i would think natural nutes like MC would be ok to feed to the end). This will also be interesting to see what ultimately I prefer once all is said and done.

Think Different 2 - Now my best plant, is still green and has white hairs (maybe 20% orange). I decided to flush fully (20% runoff) with PH water, every day or 2, to remove any of the synthetic nutrients prior to harvest. I am thinking in the next 7-14 days, this will be ready to harvest. Looking for 70% orange hairs and cloudy trichomes.

1.) Flushing to 20% run off with 6.0 PH Water (no florakleen until the very end).
Run off PH is around 550PPM - Is that expected? Will it eventually go down to 100PPM or my tap water level as I flush more?
2.) Is it normal to start to see the green leaves up top wither or is this another deficiency? I know these will start to turn yellow as I flush but this seems to be shriveling. Should I just keep flushing or adjust?

TD 2.JPG

TD 2 Top.JPG

TD 2 (2).JPG

TD 2 Tri Close.JPG

Think Different 1 - This one is a week older (but stunted) so I am seeing more hairs. This went through some light feeding the last week as I saw some signs of root rot but definitely nute lockout. She looks much better but most of the leaves up top are withering. I am thinking this is going to also be chopped in the next 7 days (maybe sooner).

1.) Really watching out for bud rot or banana as I do not want this to hermie on me.

Is that a concern? I notice my top bud is getting fatter week over week. Wondering if that is a result of light stress or because of recovery? Does it look normal?
2.) A lot of the sugarleaves up top are brown. Should I keep removing as much as I can?

TD 1.JPG

TD 1 Top.JPG

TD 1 Tri Close.JPG

Seedsman Amnesia Auto - This poor one had the worse root rot of them all but the flush really helped as it is getting greener but also not smelling. I am thinking of chopping this early to, to prevent any other issues but I do want to flush and also see if it will recover more. I also fed this some light nutes after flushing to help recover.

1.) Should I cut this to prevent any issues from this to spread to my other plants?

AH.JPG

AH Top.JPG

AH 1 Tri.JPG

All in, I love how these Dutch Passion Think Different strains handled a first time grower as myself. I made many mistakes and they kept going.

Thank you @elcoloan @Mañ'O'Green for helping me through this tough time as I feel I came out of it a much stronger grower from all this.

Cheers and hoping that this becomes successful. I feel I will have something to harvest.

Would love anyones feedback/opinion on next steps and what else to watch out for.

I think you did a good job to get those sick plants well enough to get to the finish line. I understand the logic in wanting to flush because of the Jacks 1-2-3 but science has proven that no nutrients are ever flushed out of the plant and that flushing does nothing to lower the nutrients once they have been asimilated into the plant. You also do not want to stop the plant from ripening by starving it.

You are right @Mañ'O'Green .. Would you be feeding at full strength at this point (1EC+), until harvest, or would you be tapering down PPMs?
I am currently top feeding at around 550PPMs with my nutes/bennys. Wondering if you would continue this until harvest?

Feel two of my plants like this but the other one seems to have top leaves burning.

1607703683735.png

You are right @Mañ'O'Green .. Would you be feeding at full strength at this point (1EC+), until harvest, or would you be tapering down PPMs?
I am currently top feeding at around 550PPMs with my nutes/bennys. Wondering if you would continue this until harvest?

Feel two of my plants like this but the other one seems to have top leaves burning.

View attachment 1263994
Cal-Nit and Cal-Mag are both sources for calcium and then you are adding Magnesium twice also I think it is too much of both but you need to learn how to do the math if you are goin to create custom feed schedules. These are the target ranges in weight per liter not EC.

Nutrient Guide.jpg

Update - Day 114 - Harvest has been complete and everything is trimmed and curing.

Ladies yielded around 4-5oz a plant for a total of 14.9oz for 3 plants plus a couple oz of trimming that I will use for butter. A lot more than I expected and the smell is amazing.

Overall happy with my results for my first grow, ever. Learned a ton from germination all the way to drying/curing that made this a great experience with some goodies to show. I have nothing but great things to say about Dutch Passion Think Differrent seeds and Seedsman Amnesia Auto. They powered through every issue imaginable from overwatering, nute lockout, root rot and still came out pretty good.

My next run will be DWC (another autoflower) and Autopots with Biotabs (photo plants).

Thanks to @Mañ'O'Green @elcoloan for your quick tips/feedback. Listening to you both saved my plants on multiple occasions.

Some timeline pictures:

Think Different 1.JPG

Think Different 2.JPG

Amnesia Auto.JPG

Good luck to everyone and happy growing.

Update - Day 114 - Harvest has been complete and everything is trimmed and curing.

Ladies yielded around 4-5oz a plant for a total of 14.9oz for 3 plants plus a couple oz of trimming that I will use for butter. A lot more than I expected and the smell is amazing.

Overall happy with my results for my first grow, ever. Learned a ton from germination all the way to drying/curing that made this a great experience with some goodies to show. I have nothing but great things to say about Dutch Passion Think Differrent seeds and Seedsman Amnesia Auto. They powered through every issue imaginable from overwatering, nute lockout, root rot and still came out pretty good.

My next run will be DWC (another autoflower) and Autopots with Biotabs (photo plants).

Thanks to @Mañ'O'Green @elcoloan for your quick tips/feedback. Listening to you both saved my plants on multiple occasions.

Some timeline pictures:

View attachment 1275763

View attachment 1275764

View attachment 1275765

Good luck to everyone and happy growing.

Great job! Please tag me on your next journals!

Back