New Grower Autopot / Coco Indoor Grow - Dutch Passion Think Different and Seedsman Amnesia Haze

I am using Jacks 3 2 1, so my PPM is around 950, which is what they recommend at this stage and in general with their nutes.

The tray water that I removed did have that PPM but the PH was around 6.2, so a little higher than the res PH of 5.9.

Will definitely wait a day as the medium is still wet.

Thanks for the help!

Day 38 - These plants are growing and about to flower but still do not look the healthiest. Still seeing drooping leaves but it is growing and praying to the gods.

I have been top feeding light 5.9 PH water, once a day, to combat the previous nutrition lockout. I am planning to turn the valve on to start the bottom feed but wanted to get anyone's thoughts on if I should flush and if you think these plants look too sick.

Think Different today

TD Side.JPG

Think Different 4 days ago

TD 1 - Droop.JPG

Amnesia Haze Today

AH Side.JPG

Amnesia Haze 4 days ago

AH Side.JPG

Yes they are growing, which is great. Leaves are rising more than before, but you would like the whole leaf including the tips to be upright, which is not happening. You said you watered once a day to remove salt buildup...but that won't remove salts or nutrient buildup as well as performing a proper flush.

To do a proper flush take the plant out of the tray-----

always do a thorough flush,i.e. with your 2 gallon pots in mind-

1. pour 4-6 gallons of solution (4 ml calmag/gal, and ph to 6.0). Collect it in tray and toss it out.
What you are trying to do is clean your medium in step 1.
You can use your tds,ppm,ec pen after the last gallon to check if there is a very low value in the runoff , that way you know that you have flushed her properly.

2. Then handwater nutrient solution --‐calmag and nutes and 6.0 ph'd with 10%runoff(calmag and npk appropriate for the stage of the grow the plant is in). Keep plants above trays and 24 hrs later look at your plants to see how they responded.

Hope this is clear.

Yes they are growing, which is great. Leaves are rising more than before, but you would like the whole leaf including the tips to be upright, which is not happening. You said you watered once a day to remove salt buildup...but that won't remove salts or nutrient buildup as well as performing a proper flush.

To do a proper flush take the plant out of the tray-----

always do a thorough flush,i.e. with your 2 gallon pots in mind-

1. pour 4-6 gallons of solution (4 ml calmag/gal, and ph to 6.0). Collect it in tray and toss it out.
What you are trying to do is clean your medium in step 1.
You can use your tds,ppm,ec pen after the last gallon to check if there is a very low value in the runoff , that way you know that you have flushed her properly.

2. Then handwater nutrient solution --‐calmag and nutes and 6.0 ph'd with 10%runoff(calmag and npk appropriate for the stage of the grow the plant is in). Keep plants above trays and 24 hrs later look at your plants to see how they responded.

Hope this is clear.

Got it. In terms of the solution, should it just be calmag? I am using the Jacks 15.5-0-0 cal nitrate with a dosage of 2.4grams / gallon - Should I use that measurement instead of 4ml? I have a 4Gallon / 15 Liter autopot but usually 2 gallons of solution is sufficient to get around 20% run off.

Thanks for the help..

Yes in Step 1. Mix calmag then ph the solution to 6.0. You don't want any npk in step 1.
Sorry not familiar with Jacks.

Yes in Step 1. Mix calmag then ph the solution to 6.0. You don't want any npk in step 1.
Sorry not familiar with Jacks.
I use botincare and General hydroponics calmag that only has Nitrogen values of 1 or 2....
You are trying to eliminate the npk that is overloaded in your medium.

Would Epson salt be a good cal mag substitution?

Would Epson salt be a good cal mag substitution?
No, that is only a source of Magnesium, no calcium.

You most likely have a lockout due to over feeding (Nutes too strong). If the plant cant use something it stays in the growing media.

My suggestion would be to flush with 500PPM nute solution at a 6.0 PH. It will most likely take 3-4 times the size of the pot worth of nute solution to fully flush. I would use your TDS meter to see how high the PPM is coming out of the pots. You will most likely find it to be really high based on how much you are feeding. The end goal is to have the runoff coming out matching what you are putting in.

After the flush let them sit for a day, then add some solution to your res, turn it on and away you go.

Do not flush without nutes in coco, always provide some feed.

In my opinion 950PPM (1.8 EC) feed is really high for most autos. You should only be there if the plants call for it. Most autos will not feed that much. I would suggest diluting your feed to 500-600. If they ask for more by going pale or showing yellow in anyway increase by 25-50ppm at a time and keep an eye on them. If they get tip burn back of 25-50ppm. You will need to find the sweet spot. I have never been able to feed much more than 700 (1.4 EC) with autos.

Also, based on the curling you may want to lower the Calcium Nitrate a little bit (maybe a couple points per gallon) this would give you more head room for P and K in your PPM's.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks all. Had another issue as my PH pen was off and I was watering with a low PH water (around 5.3) so things got worse.

Going to try to reflush to start over completely and completely drain the res and fill up with lighter jacks 3 2 1 solution.

That said, do you think it is important for me to just fully flush with PH water (no nutes) and maybe FloraKleen, first, to just reset everything before adding nutes in the medium or even just turning on the valve?

I think what happened here was that when I tried to flush a month back, I did not flush thoroughly (only used around 2 gallons per 4 gallon pot, which caused excess minerals to be stuck in the medium. On top of that, I did do a light top feed with a little water, a couple weeks back to get my medium moist again, I think that again caused all the minerals built up on the top to go into the medium. All the while, I have my Res on with Jacks 3 2 1 at full nutes schedule. This was probably way too much, along with the fact that I probably turned on the valve for my two think different plants too early. This is why I feed I need to just restart and go lite. Thoughts or is there a specific reason to always have nutes in my flush as well?

@MANNIK - i am using Jacks and they recommend 950PPM from veg to flower. Going to try to dial this back as I am thinking the salt buildup from topfeeding, along with the heavy cal nitrate in Jacks caused this.

Is this a sign that this one may hermie?

IMG_2796.JPG

Back