New Grower Autopot / Coco Indoor Grow - Dutch Passion Think Different and Seedsman Amnesia Haze

Thanks all. Had another issue as my PH pen was off and I was watering with a low PH water (around 5.3) so things got worse.

Going to try to reflush to start over completely and completely drain the res and fill up with lighter jacks 3 2 1 solution.

That said, do you think it is important for me to just fully flush with PH water (no nutes) and maybe FloraKleen, first, to just reset everything before adding nutes in the medium or even just turning on the valve?

I think what happened here was that when I tried to flush a month back, I did not flush thoroughly (only used around 2 gallons per 4 gallon pot, which caused excess minerals to be stuck in the medium. On top of that, I did do a light top feed with a little water, a couple weeks back to get my medium moist again, I think that again caused all the minerals built up on the top to go into the medium. All the while, I have my Res on with Jacks 3 2 1 at full nutes schedule. This was probably way too much, along with the fact that I probably turned on the valve for my two think different plants too early. This is why I feed I need to just restart and go lite. Thoughts or is there a specific reason to always have nutes in my flush as well?

@MANNIK - i am using Jacks and they recommend 950PPM from veg to flower. Going to try to dial this back as I am thinking the salt buildup from topfeeding, along with the heavy cal nitrate in Jacks caused this.

Is this a sign that this one may hermie?
DO NOT flush without nutes, it will ruin the cation rate of the coco, you want to use a nute solution about 500-600 ppm. Please see the post by @blue here for some sound advice with coco.

Jacks suggested strength is a loose guideline that should shift on PPM/EC based on the needs of your plants. The recommended strength is based on agricultural plants.
Cannabis is a bit different, and autoflowers are even more so different than photoperiod plants.

Photos can handle 950+ all day long but autoflowers need sooo much less food due to genetics etc.
This will show even more in autopots as they are a constant feed. High frequency fertigation should occur with lees food since they feed more often.

Here is a rough EC chart for autoflowers, I am in week 7 and still at 1.2ec/600ppm. My girls do not want anymore, they protest every time I try to increase.
WEEK 1-3EC 0.6-0.8 – pH: 5.8-6.2
WEEK 4-6EC 0.8-1.2 – pH: 5.8-6.0
WEEK 8-9EC 1.2-1.6 – pH: 5.9-6.2
WEEK 9-11EC 0.8-1.0 – pH: 6.0-6.2
If they are locking up now, it will be much worse when you hook up the res. Please take a read through the link above, it is really good info.

I do not think you are looking at a hermie, those are just pistils (female preflowers).

Day 44 - Ladies have had a rough week in nutrient overflow but not necessarily lockout as they continued to grow. I have reduced the nutes in my Jacks 3 2 1 to half strength (around 500PPM) for a week to allow some stabilization and have seen improvement on the Amnesia Haze.

Growth has been significant and have been trimming slightly in the bottom 20%.

Nutrients - Per Gallon
Jacks 5-12-26 - 1.8g
Jacks Cal Nit - 1.2g
Epson Salt - 0.5g
Hydroguard - Skipped for a week

Lights at 15 inches
Temp: 75-81°f
RH: 55% - 65%
Light Cycle: 24/0

Amnesia Haze - This has grown and has recovered from leaves curling down; however, now I am seeing some leaves discoloration. Thinking this may be because of my nutrition change or maybe they need more Jacks. Given this is my best plant at this point, I want to make sure this one is good so I may increase my res to 75% Jacks 3 2 1 and see how they take it.
Another thing is that the top of my medium is covered in mycelium. This looks weird and was going to just spray some water to moisten the medium.

Amnesia Haze (10 days ago)
AH Side.JPG

Amnesia Haze today -

AH Side.JPG

Amnesia Haze leaves color change

AH Leaves Color.JPG

Mycelium - Is this normal?

Mycelium.JPG

Think Different 1 - This one is also growing but still struggling with overwatering or nute burn. No lockout yet but I am taking this out of the tray to let the roots get some oxygen. I have florakleen and will flush again if necessary.

Think Different 1 - 10 Days Ago

IMG_2751.JPG

Think Different Today

TD 1 Side.JPG

Think Different 2 - This one, I am letting grow out to see if I can get anything but has been slow growing, given it is between both lights. Also lifted as I am seeing leaves curl down.

TD 2  Side.JPG

Overall Set up - So far, this has been a great learning process. My black thumb is slowly turning every day.

Overview.JPG

Wow that is ALOT of mycelium! Rememebr not to let air stay stagnant in the surface of the medium to avoid that.

My problem is that the leaves and autopot edges do not allow much air circulation. I have the fan slightly above the plants and did not want it to be directly over pot which would be blowing directly to leaves. Any suggestion on fixing this? My other thought was to just put sand on top of it.

My problem is that the leaves and autopot edges do not allow much air circulation. I have the fan slightly above the plants and did not want it to be directly over pot which would be blowing directly to leaves. Any suggestion on fixing this? My other thought was to just put sand on top of it.

Or perlite... a layer of perlite i think would be better. And well... doing this won't really solve the problem if there is still humidity and stangnat air in there so i'd expect it to grow back again until the envionmental variables are corrected. You could do some bottom leaf trimming to help with air
circulation.

Fungus---- I have experienced this before and did not effect the plants, imho, but not to the amount you are experiencing.
To mitigate- trim the bottom leaves so air may circulate, reduce humidity in tent with extraction fan and/or dehumidifier, place a fan directed towards the pots so you are not blasting the plants.

Day 44 - Ladies have had a rough week in nutrient overflow but not necessarily lockout as they continued to grow. I have reduced the nutes in my Jacks 3 2 1 to half strength (around 500PPM) for a week to allow some stabilization and have seen improvement on the Amnesia Haze.

Growth has been significant and have been trimming slightly in the bottom 20%.

Nutrients - Per Gallon
Jacks 5-12-26 - 1.8g
Jacks Cal Nit - 1.2g
Epson Salt - 0.5g
Hydroguard - Skipped for a week

Lights at 15 inches
RH: 55% - 65%

Amnesia Haze - This has grown and has recovered from leaves curling down; however, now I am seeing some leaves discoloration. Thinking this may be because of my nutrition change or maybe they need more Jacks. Given this is my best plant at this point, I want to make sure this one is good so I may increase my res to 75% Jacks 3 2 1 and see how they take it.
Another thing is that the top of my medium is covered in mycelium. This looks weird and was going to just spray some water to moisten the medium.

Amnesia Haze (10 days ago)

Amnesia Haze today -

Amnesia Haze leaves color change

Mycelium - Is this normal?

Think Different 1 - This one is also growing but still struggling with overwatering or nute burn. No lockout yet but I am taking this out of the tray to let the roots get some oxygen. I have florakleen and will flush again if necessary.

Think Different 1 - 10 Days Ago

Think Different Today

Think Different 2 - This one, I am letting grow out to see if I can get anything but has been slow growing, given it is between both lights. Also lifted as I am seeing leaves curl down.

Overall Set up - So far, this has been a great learning process. My black thumb is slowly turning every day.

Did you do your flush? Did you do it with 500ppm to 600ppm solution?

Overall good looking changes, they do look hungry for Nitrogen (yellowing from bottom). I would make a concentrated mix of all 3 Jacks parts and bring the PPM up in your res by 50 for a day or two, then bump another 50 and keep monitoring the plants. If the tips burn or the claw increases back off a bit. If they still seem hungry add a bit more. Stop adding once the yellow stops progressing. You may not get the green back but as long as it isn't progressing it'll be fine.

As far as the Mycelium, I have never seen it that strong on any growing medium. You can add a fan at pot level and trim the bottom layer of leaves. You can also add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top layer of your pots, it is an organic fungicide. Just work a little into the top

Did you do your flush? Did you do it with 500ppm to 600ppm solution?

Overall good looking changes, they do look hungry for Nitrogen (yellowing from bottom). I would make a concentrated mix of all 3 Jacks parts and bring the PPM up in your res by 50 for a day or two, then bump another 50 and keep monitoring the plants. If the tips burn or the claw increases back off a bit. If they still seem hungry add a bit more. Stop adding once the yellow stops progressing. You may not get the green back but as long as it isn't progressing it'll be fine.

I don't know about going above 1.0 EC ... @MidnightSun allow me to bring you in here... what do you think? You don't go above 0.9 EC with jacks in coco right?

Day 49 They are grew another 3-5 inches the past few days and is in the first couple weeks of flowering. I increased my nutes to ~753PPM to slowly get these plants to take in Jacks at full strength. Going to start to give 100% this week as I am still seeing nitrogen deficiencies.

Nutrients - Per Gallon
Jacks 5-12-26 - 2.7g
Jacks Cal Nit - 1.8g
Epson Salt - 0.8g
Hydroguard - 2 ML

Lights at 15 inches
RH: 50% - 55%

Amnesia Haze - Growing but seeing some leaves dying right now. Is this a nitrogen deficiency? Should I be worried and start cutting these dead leaves ASAP? I know it is not good to defoliate at this stage but not sure what to do with these fan leaves.

AH.JPG

Cut Leaves.JPG

Think Different 1 - Still seeing curling issues but has gone down and seems to go down as they grow. Seeing yellow leaves but it is much lighter from a green color.

TD 1.JPG

Discolor Leaves.JPG

More Clawing.JPG

Think Different 2 - Small and bushy.. hoping to get something out of this.

TD 2.JPG

I know this is not looking the best but trying to get these to be healthier day by day.

Happy growing and wish me luck...

Looking back, I decided not to go over 1.0 EC and am thinking the leaves at the bottom turning yellow is a result of my EC being over 1.0 from the previous week. I refilled my nutes with my original half strength blend to get to around 550PPM / 1.0EC.

Also, I think that the stagnant air is causing some of these issues.. maybe root rot?

1.) Should I remove all dead leaves at the bottom? Is it safe at this point in flowering?

2.) What do you all think this may be a result of?

Still having issues with getting the stagnant air but this will change when I add an oscillating fan to ensure all leaves are moving around.

Thanks,

Back