High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
Hey good afternoon everyone!

I am going through some of our constructive criticism and idea threads and one of the suggestions that got some good feedback on it was recreating the old New Growers Forum that we had on the site. We thought that sounded like a good idea too, so here it is!

As with the original, it will serve as a point specifically for new growers to ask their new grower questions (without getting lost or potentially missed in other discussion forums on the site!)

Hey good afternoon everyone!

I am going through some of our constructive criticism and idea threads and one of the suggestions that got some good feedback on it was recreating the old New Growers Forum that we had on the site. We thought that sounded like a good idea too, so here it is!

As with the original, it will serve as a point specifically for new growers to ask their new grower questions (without getting lost or potentially missed in other discussion forums on the site!)

It would be really cool, and increase involvement if it was possible for some threads to be cross linked to many forums. IE a lot of really good threads for beginners are stickies across different sub forums. It’s just how they were originally done and then it became their home. Is it possible to have existing threads remain in place but also have the visible usable/accessible from other locations.

I guess to clarify could a stickies topic from “ new growers” show up here also and be universally edited or added to from either link. The site has so much good information but in a lot of cases it’s spread far and wide, and can be daunting and confusing for noobs( myself sometimes)
This area would be a great place to catalog best ofs from all the other existing areas. But also become a sort of hub that could take you to that thread area also.

Sorry for rambling, not sure you asked for ideas or not

:vibes:

It would be really cool, and increase involvement if it was possible for some threads to be cross linked to many forums. IE a lot of really good threads for beginners are stickies across different sub forums. It’s just how they were originally done and then it became their home. Is it possible to have existing threads remain in place but also have the visible usable/accessible from other locations.

I guess to clarify could a stickies topic from “ new growers” show up here also and be universally edited or added to from either link. The site has so much good information but in a lot of cases it’s spread far and wide, and can be daunting and confusing for noobs( myself sometimes)
This area would be a great place to catalog best ofs from all the other existing areas. But also become a sort of hub that could take you to that thread area also.

Sorry for rambling, not sure you asked for ideas or not

:vibes:

This is actually being built out and worked on (already in progress!)

For starters, I've been working on a collated guide on cannabis and cultivation in general using tutorials and guides written from AFN members and the community and other trusted and credible sources. We've got a "Tutorials" forum on the site but it needs a bit of work, it's a lot of jumbled stuff (it's great information, just not setup to be easy to read/follow, like you commented.)

upload_2019-4-23_10-37-52.png

I've got about close to 200 pages written for it so far (huge work in progress, turns out it's a bit of an undertaking lol,) but the idea is that the information will be presented not just as readable content, but with methods and ways for growers and the community here to add to, challenge/correct any bad, wrong, or potential misinformation, and otherwise generally agree to.

That way rather than saying "I'm one person, read my guide and follow this as gospel," we can say "this is what the community generally accepts to be true based on anecdotal and scientific evidence."

As the guide gets built out, then I'm going to add in a drop-down menu that will contain each section as a readable, easy to follow guide (that's been setup to mimic the readability and flow of popular grow books.)

upload_2019-4-23_10-37-23.png

Can you put different nutrient schedules in the forum as well, i.e., advanced nutrients, fox farms, general hydro...? you get the idea. I followed one of the schedules on here for ff and ended up putting my first autoflower grow in lockout because of the way the schedule was laid out. Now I'm just finishing up the flush so that I can get it back on track. I am also setting up for my first coco grow after these girls are harvested and in the curing jars.

Back