Indoor BC’s reproduction projects

Yes, sir!! She is my favorite cultivar to grow, but sadly didn’t do her justice. This might be feminized, and can’t remember. I did have regs going for reversal and overdosed them.
Ever since I saw them posted here on AFN I've been wanting to grow them. ♥
Eventually was gifted some crosses made with CMD, which is a descendant, but that color...Ohhhh, haven't seen that in any of my grows with the crosses, which is normal after all as they're not pure. Now come to think of it, I do have some CMDxCMD S1's in my collection, but didn't get to these yet...
So many cultivars and so little time...:shrug:

The repro that wasn’t. Successfully screwed entire project by transplanting into soil not adequately cooked, and tinkered too much.
Fortunately, a fellow AFN friend has some WDA pollen enroute to salvage this cycle.
The WDA going far back right is my pick for phenos, with Alf#5 forward build/pistil appearance and yield potential. Saved by my friend!! She will receive Witch Doctor dominance pollen upon arrival.
Some nuked plants overall, but finish they will.
:passit: BC my friend, I was about to hoist the what-up flag! :jointman:

Bugger and fek on the soil, it's shades of my troubles last season.... Could it be a bad batch of Promix? Recall how well my BMV x SH did in the rather fresh Roots + KIS soil after the hot mess with the usual soil blend that was plenty well cooked. I'm still not certain what the culprit was, but I'm leaning toward blaming the coco in either the King's Mix or the Empire Builder (that was dubious as well from sitting around outside too long on the lot)...
hmmm.gif

Symptoms look very much the same, and I suspect the reaction to tinkering in kind - :doh:
Manky leaves aside, and more importantly, the buds look just fine! Chunky, proper bud:leaf... are they making good terps too?

Awesome timing and luck with the WDA pollen! :yay::karmacloud: ...
Ever since I saw them posted here on AFN I've been wanting to grow them. ♥
Eventually was gifted some crosses made with CMD, which is a descendant, but that color...Ohhhh, haven't seen that in any of my grows with the crosses, which is normal after all as they're not pure. Now come to think of it, I do have some CMDxCMD S1's in my collection, but didn't get to these yet...
So many cultivars and so little time...:shrug:
Hey Bob, this sounds like just plain bad luck! From what we've seen, the purple coloration tends to be strongly dominant even in crosses. There are "green" pheno's, but definitely more an exception than a rule. At least historically... Currently, I dunno, I stopped really watching Gnome a while ago...

:passit: BC my friend, I was about to hoist the what-up flag! :jointman:

Bugger and fek on the soil, it's shades of my troubles last season.... Could it be a bad batch of Promix? Recall how well my BMV x SH did in the rather fresh Roots + KIS soil after the hot mess with the usual soil blend that was plenty well cooked. I'm still not certain what the culprit was, but I'm leaning toward blaming the coco in either the King's Mix or the Empire Builder (that was dubious as well from sitting around outside too long on the lot)...View attachment 1667153
Symptoms look very much the same, and I suspect the reaction to tinkering in kind - :doh:
Manky leaves aside, and more importantly, the buds look just fine! Chunky, proper bud:leaf... are they making good terps too?

Awesome timing and luck with the WDA pollen! :yay::karmacloud: ...

Hey Bob, this sounds like just plain bad luck! From what we've seen, the purple coloration tends to be strongly dominant even in crosses. There are "green" pheno's, but definitely more an exception than a rule. At least historically... Currently, I dunno, I stopped really watching Gnome a while ago...
Tryin’ to cut corners @Waira and it bit me in the arse. Soil wasn’t ready for a cycle so got the bright idea to buy a bag of build-a-soil light mix and start some plants in 9 inch pots and go from there. The plants are biguns, usually, and ready to burn through the goods. Uppotted into the freshly made mix and hit them with a little extra P/K. The reversal plants, post spray, croaked within 3days. Never seen anything like it. The unsprayed survived with P/K tox.
Back right WDA and the other younger plants are happier in the cooled mix, save Ca++ deficiency on Wicked Witch.
KiS amended soil, properly cooked is still fantastic . The grower needs work.

Here's an example of one of those crosses. Mephisto's Wedding x Coal Miners Daughter, preggers with some straight pollen from another Mephisto's Wedding x Coal Miners Daughter. Not so much a purple coloration, but it did have the tight bud structure of the Anvil I saw. Quite a yummy cultivar if you asked me 👌
Think I'm gonna run a couple of it's offspring this year in the greenhouse...maybe the purple will come out in the F2's?
1689275119009 _small.jpg

Tryin’ to cut corners @Waira and it bit me in the arse. Soil wasn’t ready for a cycle so got the bright idea to buy a bag of build-a-soil light mix and start some plants in 9 inch pots and go from there. The plants are biguns, usually, and ready to burn through the goods. Uppotted into the freshly made mix and hit them with a little extra P/K. The reversal plants, post spray, croaked within 3days. Never seen anything like it. The unsprayed survived with P/K tox.
Back right WDA and the other younger plants are happier in the cooled mix, save Ca++ deficiency on Wicked Witch.
KiS amended soil, properly cooked is still fantastic . The grower needs work.
How do you like the BaS soil? I gather that performed well enough at least...
I was a bit worried about the pretty raw KIS+Roots soil, but I had to gamble- 😬 LOL .... come to think of it, I dialed the KIS nute pack stuff down and added Terp Tea Bloom, even hotter... But aside from a bit of tip toasting it worked out well! I did bomb it with inoculant, maybe a mitigating factor... I think the extra PK and low N were the ticket for that stage and a transplant.

I can't help but wonder if some perfect storm of overload was behind such a dramatic meltdown? What a bummer luv,...:dammit:
You're no n00b, and I really don't like how the STS caused such a violent reaction even all other things considered!. Any chance it's gone bad? It's not the most stable stuff after all... Have you seen what the normal solution looks like (color, clarity) vs. what it looks like now, any precipitate or off-color...?
Can you test it out on a lone leaf of some plant?

Here's an example of one of those crosses. Mephisto's Wedding x Coal Miners Daughter, preggers with some straight pollen from another Mephisto's Wedding x Coal Miners Daughter. Not so much a purple coloration, but it did have the tight bud structure of the Anvil I saw. Quite a yummy cultivar if you asked me 👌
Think I'm gonna run a couple of it's offspring this year in the greenhouse...maybe the purple will come out in the F2's?
Nice!! :cool1: ...and an interesting cross Bob, where did the aroma end up in that very different mix?
I'm no breeder, but if you have a lower % pheno color Anvil crossed with something else, you've "watered down" the purple expression chances even more? Though, WC can get some color on her too indoors, outside in cool T's even more so from what I've seen... So who knows, F2 can show quite a bit more variation vs. F1 so you shall see!

View attachment 1667349
CMD is the black leaf isolation of Alf#5. It most often has a bit of color in the buds, sometimes pinkish/rainbow in my grows. Never have I had a CMD with the deep purple/red/black flowers like Anvil. Effects wise, Anvil is heavier couch lock, flat stone, sleepy. CMD is a less heavy, more functional experience. Strange how isolations of the same plant can have such different appearances and effects.
Very nice pictures, and pretty flowers. A touch of color. Future gen’s could produce an errant deep colored plant, especially because Wedding Cake’s auto parent may also have purps in the lineage. Thanks for sharing. I can see the cookies in her, but CMD adds to the size a bit. Maybe increases time a few days too. Solid cross. F2 s should show a wider pheno spread .

Nice!! :cool1: ...and an interesting cross Bob, where did the aroma end up in that very different mix?
Thanks brother :d5:

I'm no breeder, but if you have a lower % pheno color Anvil crossed with something else, you've "watered down" the purple expression chances even more? Though,
That could be as I wasn't the one to make the initial cross between Mephisto's Wedding and CMD. Could be that my benefactor selected a lighter version from the CMD regular he used. Yup, these are regular auto's. Ain't this a bliss for breeding, right :hump:

CMD is a less heavy, more functional experience. Strange how isolations of the same plant can have such different appearances and effects.
Can't say as I didn't grow out the CMDxCMD F2's he made. I think I sent some over to @Sawney_bean, maybe he used them already? He's always doing stuff behind Adrien's wall :grin:

Thanks for sharing
You are very welcome :toke:

I can see the cookies in her, but CMD adds to the size a bit. Maybe increases time a few days too. Solid cross. F2 s should show a wider pheno spread .
Yup, This plant was grown in a 3.5L high pot as I didn't need big plants to pollinate and it still grew nice and big. I did select for this, when I'm growing inside the greenhouse as I have more space then I need.
The F2's will show a lot more variation as this is a sibling cross. ie, The parents came from the same batch of seeds. So both parents should be visible in the next generation. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Back