Berry Ryder x Alien Rift photocross open pollination

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Alien Rift
Hi folks, I'll be posting grow updates and in the first stage of my breeding experiments with autos here.

This summer I made some seeds (only about 40) by pollinating a Berry Ryder plant from Auto seeds with an Alien Rift male photoperiod from Ocean Grown.

In this phase of the project I will now be geminating about half of those seeds (20) for an open pollination.

I am expecting no auto flowering traits in this population, as, from my understanding, they should be almost all het for the recessive Ryder genetics. This is one topic I will be trying to clarify in this germination round.

Depending on how gemination goes I may or may not do some selection within this het population for growth and structure traits.

I got 20 seeds wet last night under the full moon, let's see what we get!
d6902af2389c9acdecb33395814dc24d.jpg

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Hi my friend
I found your thread.
That's a link where I post my breeding technique.
https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/56638/

And a link to my own basic autoflower line I worked on over the last year's
https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/49514/

Feel free to ask me or send me a pm.

Have a nice day
cu tobe
Tobe, thanks for the links, super helpful stuff.

I have one question for now:

When to talk about your het "fastflower" plants you mention they flower about two weeks faster. Have you found that they are still stable under a long day, or do they seem to enter flower more readily/under more light than the photo parent?

As I am looking for outdoors plants, the het condition is actually potentialy as interesting to me as the full auto... Especially since making hets predictably from two IBL parent lines is pretty straightforward [emoji56]

Tobe, thanks for the links, super helpful stuff.

I have one question for now:

When to talk about your het "fastflower" plants you mention they flower about two weeks faster. Have you found that they are still stable under a long day, or do they seem to enter flower more readily/under more light than the photo parent?

As I am looking for outdoors plants, the het condition is actually potentialy as interesting to me as the full auto... Especially since making hets predictably from two IBL parent lines is pretty straightforward [emoji56]

Hi my friend
The fastflower type is only around 2 weeks faster in the flower time then the photoperiod parent. They start flowering under 12/12 light schedule. You can select for that type of strain but it takes some generation to have a stabil strain. For a outdoor season it's a good thing especially in the North.
Have a nice day
Happy breeding
cu tobe

Back