Bio Bizz Knowledge base

Many people run into Phosphorus deficiency? Using light mix with grow bloom algamic pk 13/14

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

hi guys, im new in th forum and i read all of the 39 pages of this topic i use light mix and bio grow, bio bloom, bio heaven, root juice, top max, leaf coat and maybe im going to buy alg a mic, but i dont know what cal/mag are you guys using ?? and in found this feeding chart very interesting, its not mine, i get it from other forum. any advise is welcome

Attachments

• 72BEAAE2-6B11-40BF-91E3-BCD56AEE05BF.jpeg
    72BEAAE2-6B11-40BF-91E3-BCD56AEE05BF.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 461
hi guys, im new in th forum and i read all of the 39 pages of this topic i use light mix and bio grow, bio bloom, bio heaven, root juice, top max, leaf coat and maybe im going to buy alg a mic, but i dont know what cal/mag are you guys using ?? and in found this feeding chart very interesting, its not mine, i get it from other forum. any advise is welcome
you shouldn't need any cal/mag if you feed correct

I’m revisiting this thread after five years. I have gotten some amazing advice. I continue to use Biobizz nutrients. Some things have changed, my soil is a mixture of promix hp, happy frog, and dolomite, I use Root Juice, Fish Mix, Heaven, Algamic, Molasses, and Atimi Bloombasic.
I can see that the ph recommendations have changed from the hardline 6.5.to a range of 6.2 to 7. My city water ph is between 7.9 to 8.10 so there are times when I needed to adjust to lower ph to the 6.5. With the more forgiving range I will have to rethink and adjust. Thank you for keeping this thread going.

WHY DONT YOU NEED TO BALANCE THE PH?
With Biobizz soils, the EC and pH value do not need to be measured, as should when using a mineral medium. Biobizz organic mediums and nutrients are not made of mineral salts but organic bound elements, which are not measurable. The medium has a natural pH form; this will keep the soil in balance by itself.

And now they say you have to lower ph?? like wtf?

WHY DONT YOU NEED TO BALANCE THE PH?
With Biobizz soils, the EC and pH value do not need to be measured, as should when using a mineral medium. Biobizz organic mediums and nutrients are not made of mineral salts but organic bound elements, which are not measurable. The medium has a natural pH form; this will keep the soil in balance by itself.

Did Biobizz actually say this? I was under the impression their ph altering solutions were intended for use with coco, but I'm not completely sure.

Nevermind, I found the answer on the BB website FAQ.

Is it necessary to regulate the pH when using the Biobizz products?

In general, when using organic nutrients, pH adjusting is not necessary. This is because the Biobizz products tend to lower the pH naturally until it comes to the optimal range of 6.2-6.3.

However, in some cases the base pH of the tap water can be too high or the grower chooses to use RO water with a very low pH. In those cases, you can use Bio·pH+ and Bio·pH- to regulate the pH of the mix before watering your plants.

Hey there! :D I started my growing experience with Biobizz and was around when this thread was started and may have some insightfull info for some.

EC
Biobizz soils (lightmix and allmix) as they say are made with organic bound elements. These don't carry an EC which basically means you can keep throwing more and more into water and testing the EC and it doesn't change. But that doesn't mean that you can't overdo it with the strength.
So if you're following the Biobizz route to the letter (with grow, bloom and all their other bits) an EC meter will be of no use to you (unlike if growing with chemical (non organic) nutes like canna for example)

PH.
There are buffers in the soil (lime) that will adjust and balance the soil PH environment .. but only to a certain extent. I can confirm this with experience of using city water with a super high ph 8+ ... and I had lots of issues.

I'm Still using biobizz lightmix as my prefered soil but with a water PH of closer to 7 .. now i have no issues.

Issues were added to in my early days by getting that City water down in PH to a useable point .... but using Nitric or Phosphoric PH down .... this is a Bad idea with organic nutes as it basically kills what you are trying to cultivate (micro life in the soil.)

No doubt that you're better off using Lemon juice or an organic PH down (which will basically be Cirtric acid) to stop you from killing your nutes.

Did Biobizz actually say this? I was under the impression their ph altering solutions were intended for use with coco, but I'm not completely sure.

You found the answer I see - Biobizz make their own organic PH down. ^_^

Hope some of this helps!

Blue :d5:

I have ,,8.6ph. tap water after sitting in aired bucket for 24h+. After last 3 complete failed grows for lowering my ph too much ,now I just keep it under 7.5...And hoping for best..I still have problems.

@blue how you changed your water source ph? I started using biobizz ph down, adding 2.0ml on 10l to bring ph from 8.6 to 7.6 hoping the soil will do the rest.. But I'm not using their soil..

Last edited:
Back