Breeding question.

I thought pollinating plants grown from fem seeds resulted in herms in the offspring? I've been wondering if you could cross with fems since theres way more of those to choose from than regs. I'm the greenest horned pollen chucker you ever met though
Find ur best male auto and ur favorite fems then have at it. U will make good beans . I like to isolate a breeding male w clones from the target auto females and knock up several strand at once then grow out the offspring to see how it turns out.

I thought pollinating plants grown from fem seeds resulted in herms in the offspring? I've been wondering if you could cross with fems since theres way more of those to choose from than regs. I'm the greenest horned pollen chucker you ever met though
If you reverse the plant via colloidal silver or STS to get pollen, it doesn't cause the herms like that. And You get your feminized seeds.

It's when a plant stresses out and makes nanners or pollen sacs. That pollen is known to cause herms.

If you reverse the plant via colloidal silver or STS to get pollen, it doesn't cause the herms like that. And You get your feminized seeds.

It's when a plant stresses out and makes nanners or pollen sacs. That pollen is known to cause herms.
But when do you know it's actually female pollen instead of hermie pollen...You would only know until you stressed out that female so much and she's not hermied on you, but then it's to late for that auto to produce viable pollen. Catch 22 :deadhorse:

But when do you know it's actually female pollen instead of hermie pollen...You would only know until you stressed out that female so much and she's not hermied on you, but then it's to late for that auto to produce viable pollen. Catch 22 :deadhorse:
If you spray your plant to reverse it on purpose it is good pollen.

I think my question was mis interpreted, if I buy a feminized auto seed and grow that out and pollinate it with regular auto flower pollen, would those offspring hermie?

I think my question was mis interpreted, if I buy a feminized auto seed and grow that out and pollinate it with regular auto flower pollen, would those offspring hermie?
Maybe is little more accurate, but the process of pollination you described would not be the standalone cause of the hermies. I have noticed that some plants don't like going from fem to reg and may cause mutations, up to and including herms. However, most of the time I have not had an issue. GL!

To try and answer your question, an F1 is stable. It will just have more phenotypes and allelic expression. An F4 will have been bred down to certain phenotypes and traits. If you breed an F4 to an F4 there will be less genetic variations in the offspring than if you bred an F1 with an F1. If you are trying to recreate the same strain as someone else, cross an F4 with an F4 and search for the same expressions they did. If you are looking to make your own maybe try breeding with an F1 as a parent. It shoudl give you a lot more variences in your plants to hunt for.

Back