Breeding Question #2

Girl scout cookies, livers/blues, gorilla glue

If your looking for photoperiod plants Is there a reason you aren’t just getting photoperiod seeds in those strains? Getting seeds for GG#4 in a photo means 100% GG genes (reputable breeder)… auto crosses will all have other stuff in there to contend with. I have some photo GG#4(S) (so Gorilla Glue #4 cut, reversed and self pollinated) that have just popped up, so there’s seeds out there and available.

Just doesn’t figure to take what you want (in photo) cut the genetics in half (to auto), then try and go back to what it was originally (photo)?

Or I’ve misunderstood….

image.jpg

Girl scout cookies, livers/blues, gorilla glue
I just grew a couple GG autos this summer for males :pass:

Hi Arthur,
The reason are mainly two ( if they are good reasons).

- Difficult to find reputable genetics I can trust and say they are the real stuff.
Considering some strains are cuts, to me things are even more complicated.
Although I could find them, including hypothetically a cut. I will smoke only the same strain
- Crossing could be lot of fun and the possibility to have several different phenotypes which could make me try different things

But also these projects are not to start tomorrow. So maybe I should firstly try photo I like and then see from where breeding mines ( well actually pollinate some auto female)

Thanks
A

Hi Arthur,
The reason are mainly two ( if they are good reasons).

- Difficult to find reputable genetics I can trust and say they are the real stuff.
Considering some strains are cuts, to me things are even more complicated.
Although I could find them, including hypothetically a cut. I will smoke only the same strain
- Crossing could be lot of fun and the possibility to have several different phenotypes which could make me try different things

But also these projects are not to start tomorrow. So maybe I should firstly try photo I like and then see from where breeding mines ( well actually pollinate some auto female)

Thanks
A
When dealing with a strain that is clone only, you kinda have to be ok with S1 seeds or F1 crosses, unless you can get you hands on a cut.

I only ask because you seem focused on particular genetic lines. And while autos can get pretty close to the photo lines, they’re not so close I’d try and represent the auto as the photo….
What I’m saying is, if you want to try a particular strain, and you want it to represent what the strain is supposed to be, go photo. If your good with ballpark close? Well then autos will do just fine. This doesn’t mean the quality is off (autos are every bit as potent and tasty), it’s just that you can’t help but have more genetic variance auto compared to photo.

Either way, you’ll have a good time get some knowledge and a stash to share.

Back