Breeding question.

AlienAlchemyAcademy

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Planning to make my own seeds by crossing a male and female plant and in this search from what I understand autos that are atleast F4 are the most "stable" to work with. Now my question is say I have a male F7 strain and I cross with say mephisto freebie fem f1 CDCL X forum stomper witch is F1 what do I risk working with a less stable strain?

Last edited:
You have to breed a photo x auto cross down to the f4. The fourth generation of inbreeding. Or else you will have some that are photo some that are auto. You get all the photo traits out by f4. You be better off crossing two autos unless you wanted to get a certain photo strain features auto

You have to breed a photo x auto cross down to the f4. The fourth generation of inbreeding. Or else you will have some that are photo some that are auto. You get all the photo traits out by f4. You be better off crossing two autos unless you wanted to get a certain photo strain features auto
The male is anvil f7 auto from mandalorien genetics
Both strains are autos just wondering what risks I'm taking crossings a f7 anvil from mandalorien with an F1 strain like mephistos freebie CDCL X forum stomper. Will they be more likely to herm or will I need to still work them to f3 or 4 to stabilize auto trate. Thx for the reply

The generation doesnt have to do with herming. That's if it has it in it's genes you could breed it out by only selecting plants that don't herm under extreme circumstances. I've heard of breeders turning the lights on and off basically stressing the plants out to find out which ones won't herm but a couple seeds isn't a bad thing if the genetics makes up for it by being an amazing smoke alot of clone only are bagseed from hermies. Like chem crosses herm. But yah try it out take two plants you like cross em. You'll never know what you get too you try.

Also it will all be autos those two strains are auto so you don't have to worry bout that. You'll get some parts of each strain probably multiple phenos leaning to one plant or the other. The more inbred moving you take the same seeds and keep crossing the less diversity that's left in Gene pool

Last edited:
Also it will all be autos those two strains are auto so you don't have to worry bout that. You'll get some parts of each strain probably multiple phenos leaning to one plant or the other. The more inbred moving you take the same seeds and keep crossing the less diversity that's left in Gene pool
Thx for the reply, this if my first time breeding an I appreciate your insight. Ima go for it!

If you like the results you can make a bunch of fem seeds off the keepers or keep breeding for generations and selecting traits you like. The f7 means it was breed 7 gen lots of work 7 grow cycles. Alot released these days are just one strain crossed with another which is cool the more variation in that pack than an f7. But with f7 you get exactly what the breeder selected for cause it's been bred for so long. But it's hard to say for sure because we really don't know what's what some strains are cousins sister etc. Alot of cannabis is super inbred. A real f1 is like two different landraces crossed together.

Last edited:
I thought pollinating plants grown from fem seeds resulted in herms in the offspring? I've been wondering if you could cross with fems since theres way more of those to choose from than regs. I'm the greenest horned pollen chucker you ever met though

Back