Indoor Bunch of Noob questions, any help much appreciated, THANKS ;)

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a bunch of complete noob questions, im doing as much reading as i can, no lie, 5-7 hours a day, but sometimes you get so many conflicting opinions, so i would if any experienced auto growers could help out......Firstly I'll give you a bunch of info on what i'd like to do however at the moment its all research only......This is my list, i wont include boring plugs and fixings, but the main gist of it.

BudBox 1M X 1M X 2M tent
Habistat Temperature Thermostat with KlimaHeat Tubular Grow Room Heater 80W
Exolux dimmable 600W digital ballast with "Philips Greenpower full spectrum HPS lamp" and "Adjust-A-Wing" light reflector
T5 fluoro propogation light 2-Tube Bright-Wing
Iso-max Acoustic extraction fan 6" (410m3/hour)
CF360 Premium Carbon filter
Acoustic Air ducting 6" (x5m)
GSE Humidifier/Dehumidifier controller (pricey but looks accurate)
Mini 2.2L dehumidifier (for inside the tent)
2 mini clip on internal fans

Autopot hydro system (x4 pot 47L reservoir) with 4 airdomes and a 50W Hydor underwater Heater
Bluelab Guardian pH, EC and Temp Monitor (Pricey but looks AMAZING!!!!) plus cleaning and calib kit
Airfizz 200 airpump (to run 4 x airdomes)
Canna Coco/Perlite Substrate 70/30 with 1.5" Clay Pebbles at the base of the pots
ExHale CO2 bag - having read about CO2 supplementation - I'm not sure this is worth it now........

As i said there are various other small bits but im not going to bother listing everything.....

**I would love to find a fan speed controller but i cant seem to get any that are compatible with the isomax fans. Im looking at GSE and SMSCOM. **

My Nutes & Additives/Boosters

Bloom Roots 300ml
Bloom Ultra 300ml
Bloom Ooze 300ml
Bloom Groigen
Bloom Florigen
Advanced Nutrients Big Bud
Shogun PK warrior 9/18

Currently Unsure about which BASE NUTRIENTS TO USE. please advise.

Has anybody used Bloom products (in the yellow bottles). I like the look of them but THEY ARE NOT CHEAP, so I'd love to get some advice on them....

Right, my questions......

1. How far away to keep the T5 lights during germination? Im using 2 tube, 24" long roughly i think.....

2. How far away to keep the T5 lights during the early veg and when do i switch over to HPS?

3. Should i be using a propogation tub for these auto seeds or is that only for rockwool/riot cubes......if im going to germ them in cup of water/ damp tissue do i need to use the tub/cube method? OR should i use the tiering method?

4. Have you ever used SHOGUN WARRIOR PK 9/18 or ADVANCED NUTRIENTS BIG BUG (LIQUID), If so, do I have to adjust the levels of nutrients if using boosters/additives to remain within overall EC rating? Bloom advanced floriculture says you dont need to adjust nute strengths if you use their stuff.....

5. I have to water manually before the root system establishes, How often should I water during the early veg stage?

6. Can I use a soil pH tester for the autopot system as i cant test run off? Baring in mind in using coco/perlite as substrate.....

7. I've heard calcium deficiencies & magnesium deficiencies are relatively common in coco coir/ and with autos? Is this true??

8. How important is it to use pH'ed plain water when flushing the plant through?

9. I've read that you must keep temperatures between 30°C and 35°C and seal the environment in order for CO2 enrichment to be effective - is this the same case with the "Exhale" CO2 bags you can get? Doesnt that make it pointless for me then?

10. Is it okay to use airdomes if your using 1.5" of clay pebbles at the base or will all the air pressure just leak through the gaps between the pebbles rather than rise into the medium?

11. What effect do "pH up/down" have on the EC on the nutrient solution? Is there a much better solution to adjust pH?

12. A grow shop advised me to use ATAMI B'cuzz nutrients with the Autopot system but nobody really mentions them online and im worried they might not be so popular/good. Also, B'cuzz maintains A/B nute ratio throughout the veg/flowering period, so how does the nitrogen level drop if you maintain a constant ratio or bottle A and bottle B. I though P-K for for flowering?

13. I've been reading about Silica additives, like the one from Bloom. Do you think this is necessary, I've read it cant be combined in the bottled nute solution, and therefore I will probably be missing out. Worth it?

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED.
if you can answer anything please make clear what question your answering as I'll get lost. :X noob......
Cheers

Im led but I think I rwad somewhere thay 4-8inc for seedlings and then theu can grow right up to light. If this is ur first grow or still new I woild just use a simple 2 part nute like maxigro and maxibloom and get a bottle of cal mag cause thwy are prone to def. The ph thing for flushing I dunno, I just did it. And ph up and down does increase ur ppms, not mucj for me cause I dont need alot. Usually only adjust during rez change. My nutes when I top off usually being my ph back ro peefect. Ive read about co2 bit I think its pointless unless yoi get ur temps up, but not sure. I spend about 30 mins on tjat subject lol. I dont know anything about the nutes u listed or silica lol. Im a simple man and generallu go that route :) welcome to afn!

Back