Calling out bad Autoflower genetics/actors

Anybody got any recommendations for a seed bred by someone on here? Got space for 1 plant opening up soon. Prefer something uplifting/energizing. Indoor. Other than mando... Gotta take card, Venmo, cashapp...

I personally haven't grown one yet but, site/storefront and they are available from a bank as well. I just can't remember which one.

@Jean-O

www.jeanosgenetics.com

(EDIT: There's a couple other guys but I don't think they have storefronts and official channels yet so....)

Last edited:
Brother I like the way you think.
Alot of growers are letting the hype choose their strains. I hang out in a few photo groups. Many of these guys hate auto. Yet they are still making them. And that’s because they are in high demand.
Afn is basically the home of auto flowers, yet growers are stepping from this platform and seeking other avenues for their gear.
There are plenty of good guys here, that have been doing their auto thing, yet people are walking by them. All a breeder has to do is say “elite this” or “hype that” and people of our community will flock to it. The guys on the other side know this, so they keep churning them out.
And they will keep producing them, as long as there is a market.
There is enough information on afn to help anyone to make an informed decision when it comes to choosing good auto genetics.
Plus there are numerous auto strains that were created right here with tons of information about them that are being ignored.
These breeder are the backbone of the afn community. These are the guys with a real working knowledge of the genetics. Even with the lack of afn support, these breeder continue to work on their projects. Keep up the good work guys.
However I do understand why those interested choose to walk by afn created strains. Just look above at what afn is saying about the smaller independent breeders.
Most don’t have any working knowledge about the strains that are created here, yet they choose to turn others off. So it’s no wonder those interested choose other resources to get their gear. With that said, if we cannot support each other, why should someone else.

Can you give some examples of AFN strains that stand out?

Can you give some examples of AFN strains that stand out?
What do you mean by stand out? I've grown from 11 vendors and probably closer to 100 strains of those. Only a hand few stand out.couple for taste and rosin production but that's it. Of all the plants I ever grown white crack (multiple plants run) best rosin producer, tastiest Is fastbuds fastberry and sour zkittles skunk by sofem genetics but they aren't a vendor here but sold by a vendor green grass seeds.
. Other than that it's a blurr. I got prolly 4 pounds and 18 different kinds locked in trunks and harvest plants every 20 days roughly . Usually smoke 4 to 6 different kinds a day. Its all the same to me.im currently test running a strain for a vendor here and for a member. The afn members strain has been alot like he's said. The other is close to what they say. The vendors will float into 13 weeks and is marginally behind in terps and finishing. But let's just not make this about "boutique". Really anymore if it's gonna come down to lineage and breeding they better be taking lab results before going forward from F1, F2 etc medicinally. Otherwise it's just a blind draw anyways. Rec users.. well take your pick it all gets you high. There's many here for rec purposes..many for med purposes. If you ever are looking for a med one I've created a small batch one that's almost to F5. Wanting lab results if can before even considering a market for them. But I grow it and give it free to people with stage 4 cancer for appetite and pain. And people with pain problems..to me it's like being massaged from the insides. I've searched out about 125 plants. Just got first STS spray on right I chos those 3 lades from 8. (Seems 3 main phenos in my F4). Parents are from full duplex anvil (member here) and crossed with slowmo goldwidow
from th portal..been working on it since 2019. I stopped journaling here because I got called a pollen chucker yet I've almost seen zero work by Alot of vendors here personally. Stone from the portal is working with me to have it put on his site for sale. I'll let you know when theyre for sale. I'd gladly share them free but this community is against sharing. So keep your eye out or end up on the portal hmu. Stone has also asked me to take over his citrus noir breeding. I'll start that in December.

20210813_102311.jpg

Vendor plant on left. Afnember strain the right. Based off these two alone I would grow the vendors again but I'd grow the.members first.
And that's why I've already spoke to the afn members about more seeds.(not knocking the other) but without lab reports and based off observation alone his is better. Now if I had lab reports that's been proven from F1 and onward I may care more. Everything I grow,buy or get from friends is a watered down hybrids that isn't as good as weed 20 years ago.
20210814_072852.jpg

Last edited:
When a member shows off a 2oz auto in a 1 gal pot, I consider that a stand out strain. Hippy Snacks. @Boognelson87 View attachment 1355210
Thanks brother for the kind words. They'd be bigger but I didn't grow these here for size. So feed was minimal and space. Originally started multiples in each pot It was pheno selection to take further past F4 and make S1s as well. you can see how much light they've gotten and they haven't been fed in 4 weeks just water. Also the colas were cut 10 days ago lol

Last edited:
It comes down to research. Only a couple of years I googled for seeds and light and grow gear. And I tell you what they tried to sell me some crap. At the top of my search there at least 4 different sites with the top grow light and number 1 was numerous (dodgy Chinese brand) blurples. Thankfully I was lucky enough to do a little digging before I pulled that very expensive trigger and then about 3 pages down I found some half decent info about quantum boards and I eventually got onto HLG. And this is why I don't have any time for (dodgy Chinese brand) even if they are vendors on here. They would have quite happily sold me junk and ripped me off without giving 2 shits.

And that's just how the internet is. It's a marketers dream and they pedal crap, so take your time and do the research

If the seed banks are popping up in banners on your FB or insta it's shit, dumb ass money hungry asswipes paid for it to be there. But If it's recommended by multiple growers on Reddit or places like AFN you will probably get what you pay for.

Fast Buds are great genetics. They put work into doing what they do. My previous post was written under the assumption that you had been ripped of by some fake white label pollen chucker falsely naming their untested junk as fastbuds chemdawg

There's been no mention of likely the longest-established and major auto seed breeders/sources, such as Dutch Passion, Sweet, Dinafem, Royal Queen, etc. These companies presumably have relatively sophisticated in-house breeding programs, now including using chemical analysis, cloning (at cellular, not plant level), genetic sequencing/markers, etc.; in-house R&D and pharmaceutical grade quality control; test plots/farms; etc., staffed by relevant professionals and by now likely have unmatched seed stock/collections, strain sequencing data and breeding knowledge.

What are views of seeds from such sources, including in comparison with the smaller newer entrants cited? Should we be comparably wary of seeds from these sources? Are these companies that put out mostly photos ever 'bad' actors or bad auto seed sources?
Probably like many others, I grow Mephisto, Fast Bud and other small(er) breeder strains, but about half of what I grow are usually a mix from Dutch Passion, Sweet and sometimes Dinafem. So far, there have been no responses concerning the relative 'badness,' 'faking' 'pollen-chucking,' etc. of these likely largest and presumed most technically capable breeders, also often with many more strains than smaller breeders. Anyone care to comment?

Last edited:
Back