Changing the light cycle

SHRED

"Onward through the fog!" - Oat Willie
Reaction score
In order to help keep my little ones warm I'm running a continuous light on cycle.

When they get a couple of weeks old I'd like to go with a 20/4 or 18/6 cycle and was wondering if they will be okay with that change in light?

I assume so but just checking.

20240212_090757.jpg

They'll have no problem with that at all. Just gotta turn the light a little brighter or move it closer the more darkness they get

They'll have no problem with that at all. Just gotta turn the light a little brighter or move it closer the more darkness they get
Thank you, I'll make sure my DLI is appropriately adjusted.

I give my plants a "rest," say 6-8 hours of darkness, but only about 2-3x/week, about every other day.

Maybe those more knowledgable about this can comment on what the downsides, if any, may be from doing this -- Giving rest periods bu not following a regular 24 hour daily pattern of 'rest' with no light. Particularly with autos, descendants of (sub)arctic strains adapted to non-stop light, I presume the plant doesn't need to follow a 24 hour/diurnal light cycle schedule (at worst getting no benefit from no-light rest times), much as the plants do well with non-stop 24-hour light.

I done that this grow, between day 25/30 I changed from 24 continuous to 20/4, done it other times too with no negative effects..
Sometimes they go 24 hour the whole grow.

Back