best light cycle fore auto's ???

HAWKMAN

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
What is the best light cycle for autos ? 18/6 -- 20/4 -- 24hrs New to auto's they came a long ways considering some 10yrs ago I like to put a auto with other "photo" fems strains and run the auto with the same light cycle (18/6 then 12/12) nice ot have a early harvest but it's not much to brag about. have talked to some and they are all for autos being that plant "turn-a-round" is good making it possible for 4 harvest in a 12 month period this is good when it comes to breeding. thoughts ? Next what is cheaper to run auto's or "photo's considering the light cycles ? Thanks !! also what to give "multiverse" a shout out !!!! found some Sweet Zanity a while back on the site this is a very interesting strain it's the closest strain to "insane the memberane" a retired stain. Understand that ethos is concentrating on Auto's this years along with Haze strains. just popped auto for outside grow early this month, hope it makes it

I have seedlings on 12-12, after the 4th node starts, I ramp it up over the next 2 weeks to 20-4 and keep it there until the end. I have tried a 24 hour schedule but the results to me didnt justify the additional hours. Sure I had a minor gain in weight at harvest time, but the smoke seemed to not be as potent as the same bud on a 20-4 schedule.

18/6 -- 20/4 -- 24hrs

To simplify things, those are the three most common light cycles for autoflowers. Anyone of those will get you to the finish line with great results.

You don't see 25% gains going from 18/6 to 24/0 lighting (a 25% increasing in lighting duration,) nor do you see a 25% loss going from 24/0 to 18/6.

Lighting turns into a long rabbit hole once you start diving in (Daily Light Integral, intensity, spectrum, etc,) but just as a baseline, those three cycles are the most common without jumping into the "who, what, where, when, why, and how."

I have seedlings on 12-12, after the 4th node starts, I ramp it up over the next 2 weeks to 20-4 and keep it there until the end. I have tried a 24 hour schedule but the results to me didnt justify the additional hours. Sure I had a minor gain in weight at harvest time, but the smoke seemed to not be as potent as the same bud on a 20-4 schedule.
never thought of 12/12 - all tho the auto's have there specific time cycle no matter what meaning 90 or 100 days period. seems it might save some money at 12/12 because true vegation stage doesn't start till the 4thnode anyway basicaly if I understand right is that autos have a 3 week vegations stage till flower stage starts Heck ! you grow 100% sativa's at 12/12 from seed also

To simplify things, those are the three most common light cycles for autoflowers. Anyone of those will get you to the finish line with great results.

You don't see 25% gains going from 18/6 to 24/0 lighting (a 25% increasing in lighting duration,) nor do you see a 25% loss going from 24/0 to 18/6.

Lighting turns into a long rabbit hole once you start diving in (Daily Light Integral, intensity, spectrum, etc,) but just as a baseline, those three cycles are the most common without jumping into the "who, what, where, when, why, and how."
guess pick a cycle and go with it !!!! like that 12/12 to save money

My 2c......I started on 12/12 couple decades ago by sneaking my first autos into a g-friends winter flower room.

They got watering once a week and very little care as wintering plants need.

Raised in a farming community, I had no doubt anyway and soon my weekly trips were for a new treat.

Although I've tried other schedules, 12/12 with lights 'right', is fine with me.

Mimicking nature best I can seems to provide quite the bounty.

After couple decades, I'm about to figure this shit out.

If you treat it like a weed, it'll grow like a weed.

I'm at 6/18 cycle and using hydro. I think one girl is a photo period, because no flower and the other 5 plants show flowers. Would it HARM the autos if I switch to 12/12 for the one photo period plant. I'm 50 days in from dropping seeds.

I'm at 6/18 cycle and using hydro. I think one girl is a photo period, because no flower and the other 5 plants show flowers. Would it HARM the autos if I switch to 12/12 for the one photo period plant. I'm 50 days in from dropping seeds.
Won't hurt a thing.

Back