Cloning Autoflowers

Hi Guys,
First ever post on a forum and this is my first grow as well. So pls be kind... :)
this AFN is kickass and an absolute guide. after being a medicinal and recreational user for over 2 decades, decided to grow some AFs.

Popped 3 Deep Purple Haze (Sumo) and Blueberry (seedsman). 2 DPH and 1 BB made it to week 3... Started LST last week. Since its my first grow, thought lets skip the CS experiment but these DPH seems to be doing great. And i dont have more seeds...

So do you suggest i take lower branch cuttings from botht the plants (2 each so 4 in total) or just stress out one plant with 2 clones and try CS for seeds. I have Amensia Haze and Jack Herer seeds coming up from Fastbuds soon, could also save some Deep Purple Haze pollen for those two. Oh, since only 1 Blueberry made it, i think i will keep that as it is without any CS treatment.

Thank in advance, promise to upload and update the knowledge bank. :)

In Pics - 22 days from seed in 3 gallon pots- 1 Blueberry Auto (no LST, slight leaf curl on heat stress).. 2 Deep Purple Haze Autos (both LST) ..both in pure organic soil concocted by me for autos. Lights - 160W 3000K, 50W Red/Blue spectrum light..mixing it up..

Attachments

• IMG_6220.JPG
    IMG_6220.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6221.JPG
    IMG_6221.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6243.JPG
    IMG_6243.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 92
How old was the plant when you took the clones from it,
I want
To take some clones make
Some seeds

This was my first try on weed!
I have done flowers etc.
The plants were only 8-10” tall when i took the cuttings.
I also used Take Root root hormone
Its easy to do.

Attachments

• 00E3378C-A3C4-415B-93E3-5FB58C63896D.jpeg
    00E3378C-A3C4-415B-93E3-5FB58C63896D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
Done it in longer Veg. Varieties 80 day plus. I am also in aquaponics and clone in it as well. So results may vary. I get over 90% take but only like 75% are vigorous.
Why?
So say you have a super auto with a ton of vigor... it grows big fast. You can grow out a few seed and make a whole grow full of clones. They will carry the patents age, kind of, maybe up to week or 2 behind. They flower sooner than the seed but you get consistency across plants and with less seeds if you like the super auto vigor but want smaller plants.

You could also force flower, but force flowering sometimes doesn't do or take hold on a superauto well until the plant is at least old enough to show preflower or kept in 12/12.

Hi Guys,
First ever post on a forum and this is my first grow as well. So pls be kind... :)
this AFN is kickass and an absolute guide. after being a medicinal and recreational user for over 2 decades, decided to grow some AFs.

Popped 3 Deep Purple Haze (Sumo) and Blueberry (seedsman). 2 DPH and 1 BB made it to week 3... Started LST last week. Since its my first grow, thought lets skip the CS experiment but these DPH seems to be doing great. And i dont have more seeds...

So do you suggest i take lower branch cuttings from botht the plants (2 each so 4 in total) or just stress out one plant with 2 clones and try CS for seeds. I have Amensia Haze and Jack Herer seeds coming up from Fastbuds soon, could also save some Deep Purple Haze pollen for those two. Oh, since only 1 Blueberry made it, i think i will keep that as it is without any CS treatment.

Thank in advance, promise to upload and update the knowledge bank. :)

In Pics - 22 days from seed in 3 gallon pots- 1 Blueberry Auto (no LST, slight leaf curl on heat stress).. 2 Deep Purple Haze Autos (both LST) ..both in pure organic soil concocted by me for autos. Lights - 160W 3000K, 50W Red/Blue spectrum light..mixing it up..
Smart thinking using them claps for tie down

Super autos are not autoflowers. They are an F1 cross of an auto and a photoperiod. They flower faster than an auto but won't autoflower on their own. Stitch came up with that stupid term as a marketing gimmick. We're talking clones from true autoflowers.

Done it in longer Veg. Varieties 80 day plus. I am also in aquaponics and clone in it as well. So results may vary. I get over 90% take but only like 75% are vigorous.
Why?
So say you have a super auto with a ton of vigor... it grows big fast. You can grow out a few seed and make a whole grow full of clones. They will carry the patents age, kind of, maybe up to week or 2 behind. They flower sooner than the seed but you get consistency across plants and with less seeds if you like the super auto vigor but want smaller plants.

You could also force flower, but force flowering sometimes doesn't do or take hold on a superauto well until the plant is at least old enough to show preflower or kept in 12/12.

So they're effectively the same thing that Sweet Seeds (and possibly others) call "F1 Fast Version" (F1FV) strains?

Anyone tried cloning into a SoG setup? I'd be interested in taking a 100 day strain and ripping her apart for a bunch of clones.

Super autos are not autoflowers. They are an F1 cross of an auto and a photoperiod. They flower faster than an auto but won't autoflower on their own. Stitch came up with that stupid term as a marketing gimmick. We're talking clones from true autoflowers.
I think you will find that they are still true autos, but just flower after a couple extra weeks veg time.

Where’s the best place on the plant to cut a clone from,I want to make some clones to spray CS on them

I've been cloning for years now. I use it for different purposes. You can't "clone" an auto in the same sense as a photo period but it definitely works.. What I've learned through trial and error is that the end result (plant size/yield) is all about timing, and where you take the cut from on the plant. I've had cuts that grew and inch and ended up looking like a weed lollipop.. And I've had cuts completely branch out and look very similar to a regular full grown auto plant. It seems to depend on when you take the cut, and whether it was a younger branch or older branch. I mainly use cloning for reversing and breeding now. I've even taken cuts, thrown them in the fridge for 3 weeks, then started the rooting process when I was ready. Everything I've done with photos, I've done with autos.
So how do you make clones ,you take a cutting then put it in some ph water till roots grow or do you plant it in soil,

mom having a bit of trouble with auto cloning at the minute

Back