Cloning Autoflowers

take a cut at a node at a 45 degree angle. Scuff up the skin w a blade then dip in water then rooting powder. Then stick in A solo cup w plenty of drain holes and moist soil. Place a plastic bag or clear solo cup on top to keep up humidity and place in a very low light area . keep the soil moust and humidity dome for 10-12 days. When u pull the dome off the clone will stand tall when it has roots. If roots arent strong enough she will droop over time w out the dome. If this happen3 moisten soil and dome her back up for a few more days. Once rooted transplant into larger container.

take a cut at a node at a 45 degree angle. Scuff up the skin w a blade then dip in water then rooting powder. Then stick in A solo cup w plenty of drain holes and moist soil. Place a plastic bag or clear solo cup on top to keep up humidity and place in a very low light area . keep the soil moust and humidity dome for 10-12 days. When u pull the dome off the clone will stand tall when it has roots. If roots arent strong enough she will droop over time w out the dome. If this happen3 moisten soil and dome her back up for a few more days. Once rooted transplant into larger container.
Sweet thanks

I have a tip for anyone cloning for breeding purposes.
Take your chosen reverse cuttings 2 weeks early, if possible.
Start spraying the day you put them in the cloner.
Then start the slightly flowering cuttings in the cloner.
Everything should be rooted before the male flowers show up.
When the males are making pollen, you can fertilize the other clones, and they will mature until the seeds are ripe, even weeks after you've harvested the moms.
It takes quite a bit longer for the reversing of the clones, since they're making roots, and I only got 50% survival of the sprayed clones.
It just dawned on me, that one would be just as well to wait until they're,re rooted, or just before, when they start spraying.

Last edited:
I have a tip for anyone cloning for breeding purposes.
Take your chosen reverse cuttings 2 weeks early, if possible.
Start spraying the day you put them in the cloner.
Then start the slightly flowering cuttings in the cloner.
Everything should be rooted before the male flowers show up.
When the males are making pollen, you can fertilize the other clones, and they will mature until the seeds are ripe, even weeks after you've harvested the moms.
It takes quite a bit longer for the reversing of the clones, since they're making roots, and I only got 50% survival of the sprayed clones.
It just dawned on me, that one would be just as well to wait until they're,re rooted, or just before, when they start spraying.
I'm trying this on this next grow and your tip is exactly how I had it planned out in my head. In some thread, maybe here, someone made a comment about seeds maturing properly when selfing and pollinating the same plant. Trying to work it out in my head how to get a good harvest of canna and make seeds with my limited space, making clones with the time spread was the only answer for me. Thanks for confirming my thought process.
Now, IF I can just pull it off!
Since I only have three HBSS and are planting two in EBs, HBSS gets the nod for the test!

edit.............I think you had it right the first time. I don't think waiting until they root is needed. If you're worried about survival rate, take more cuttings. Just need one to make pollen.

Last edited:
edit.............I think you had it right the first time. I don't think waiting until they root is needed. If you're worried about survival rate, take more cuttings. Just need one to make pollen.
You might be right. I only did it once, but I documented it on youtube:

Starting with Cloning autoflowers for seed production Parts 1-5.
I'll be doing a seed give away from those clones within the month. The seeds are ripe now, I just haven't killed the clones yet :(

this clone is well over 100 days old

BD-CBD clonw pic1 -1-3-2021.jpg

View attachment 1272513
Ha. It looks just like mine.
I see yours is throwing out new pistols, and mine is as well.
I think I might pollinate the new pistols, just to see if they stay alive and mature even more seeds. I FEEL like it would.
Dang I just checked the calendar, and mine is 118 days old (from seed, not cuttinig), and still making new pistols!

Last edited:
You might be right. I only did it once, but I documented it on youtube:

Starting with Cloning autoflowers for seed production Parts 1-5.
I'll be doing a seed give away from those clones within the month. The seeds are ripe now, I just haven't killed the clones yet :(

Ya got a LOT of seeds on your full circle vid!!!!

Ya got a LOT of seeds on your full circle vid!!!!
Yeah, that baby made a ton of seeds!
I'm fixing to try out some Gorilla Cookies x Gelato fem seeds, and call it the Arkansas Flytrap, :)
Those Gorilla Cookies are soo flippin sticky! I see why they call it's daddy Gorilla Glue!

View attachment 1272513
LOL! I think any place in my tent would keep that girl alive.
Yeah, I think I can make this happen!
New grow method and now making seeds. My next grow should be interesting at the least!
With two HBss in EBs, it should be a full tent............even without the other two girls and the clones

I think I'm just gonna plant one each of Meph Sour Stomper or Double Grape and Roc's Kong. That will help give some room for the clones.
I'm leaning to Sour Stomper. Has anyone grown either?

Back