Lighting Cobshop.net info, questions and answers

I don't remember what the exact deal was, but something "not good" did happen, not his choice basically

That blows. I hope he isn't staying at a State motel now. Seemed to be doing a good business with the lights.

I have a few autocobs just collecting dust I'd be willing to part with.. PM me.

He helped plenty of people in the DYI section years ago. Should not be much work to fix what the issue is, it is a pretty simple concept.

What is the closest light to these? I've been on a hiatus & came back recently wanting to put together what I have left from my old setup.. i got 5 Lights.. 4 of which are these single lights from cobshop. lol I'd obviously be getting more from there but it appears that the store is no more? . I liked the versatility of having one adjustable light per plant. Anyways, hope he's okay, seemed like a nice dude & they're good lights

What is the closest light to these? I've been on a hiatus & came back recently wanting to put together what I have left from my old setup.. i got 5 Lights.. 4 of which are these single lights from cobshop. lol I'd obviously be getting more from there but it appears that the store is no more? . I liked the versatility of having one adjustable light per plant. Anyways, hope he's okay, seemed like a nice dude & they're good lights
Welcome back! The Autocobs don’t age well unfortunately. Well, to be fair, running pretty much non-stop for years, they served me well. The appliance itself is very well built and I’m told swapping out the failing parts is an inexpensive and fairly simple task.
That said, the new LED’s outperform anything produced prior. The major difference is ability to penetrate deeper into the plant. Zero larf with yields close to double. Better spectrum too.
For the cost of two Autocobs with shipping, you can buy a 200watt LED.

Hmmm a 200 watt led also uses nearly twice the electricity of 2 55 watt autocobs and produce more heat. How do the newer leds surpass the cree cobs as far as canopy penetration? Interesting.

Back