DIY Collecting and Storing Pollen

Sorry realcarlos, there is suppose to be pics, but when we changed the sites format, I lost several of them in my various threads...I'll try and replace them asap....

No need to apologize. Great information. If you do have time pictures would be nice. If not that's fine
Thanks buddy

No need to apologize. Great information. If you do have time pictures would be nice. If not that's fine
Thanks buddy

I went back and add a few pics on the first post...Hope it helps...

dam been looking for this thread just found it by chance ,, i said id let ya know if the room temp stored pollen worked ,,it didnt lol

I have clear plastic (bread type) bags that I will use. If I have a male plant, I cut it back some and put the clear plastic bag over it, tied tightly at the stem. I'll even lay the plant on its side to help collect the pollen in the bag. When the flowering is finished, The plant is removed to outside, the bag carefully removed and the pollen collected and the plant destroyed.

I have clear plastic (bread type) bags that I will use. If I have a male plant, I cut it back some and put the clear plastic bag over it, tied tightly at the stem.

might I ask how you deal with the moisture created by transpiration of the plant during photosynthesis?...seems the plastic would trap moisture and destroy the pollen...

At the point I put the bag on, I have stopped watering it. Collection is only for 3 to 4 days. Moisture is very light.

Back