Indoor Come visit Wild Bill's Medical Grow Room!!!!

Yep , I have to agree . as you know I love mucking around as well . :thumbsup:
As my Pop would probably say if asked,, I'm a 'mucker' from way back when! :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

I was always a very inquisitive child and my father encouraged it. I always had to know how things functioned. He would buy me toys and fairly soon I would have them torn apart to see how they work. Most times I put them back together and they worked quite fine................ Most of the time.:grin::cools:

I'll never change!

Purple line → red line. Pink line → black line.
That was easy!
The Mars hydro SP3000 is now controlled with my AC Infinity 69 smart controller with the resistance based adapter. It works outstanding!
Also in the tent is the deep red supplemental light bars! It is also controlled by the AC Infinity Smart controller through a smart outlet. I do think I probably should have got the smaller 1 for the 2 by 4 tent.
:face:
:haha:
:rofl:

I installed them all the way at the top of the tent. I think I'm just going to run them that way this first run and then play with them later maybe in the 4x4
IMG_20240427_201336144.jpg

There's lots of red and it's very bright! When the main light is turned on, it pretty much washes out the red.
I'm going to give the girls a bit of time to get their root system established and then turn them on the same cycle as the main .

I've selected mainly in the Indica dominant girls to go in this tent to see if I can get them to stretch just a bit and maybe for a bit more open colas With just slightly longer node spacing.
It should be an interesting experiment.

This light setup does produce quite a bit of light! It's the 55 Watt version and I was pretty surprised about how much light actually made it to the very bottom with my light meter. I left it on for a while to see how warm it got and it was very reasonable. I don't really think it's going to be that much of a heat impact, especially with the SP 3000 driver on the outside of the tent.
Yeah it's a bit bulky and awkward, but I think that's good because it can be adapted to a lot of applications. Now the integration with one of their bar units that is designed to take this, it's a done deal and very simple. Hanging otherwise is a little bit awkward. You do have to account for the weight of the connections between the lights, so they don't twist the direction of the light.. Is fairly easily done when installed and the very top of the tent. I don't see it easily moved and maintain correct alignment. But since this is supplemental lighting I'm good with not moving that portion of the light for the entire grow. I'm pretty sure it will definitely have an impact on the grow in actually probably pretty beneficial in the end. When young, it's not going to have a super large effect on the seedling, causing it to overstretch. And as the plant grows it will grow into the light hopefully at the appropriate time when needed. I think this is probably about the most easily duplicated way of running a test.
Once this first run is done, now I can come back with clones and run subsequent tests with and without supplemental deep red.
On this first run with the supplemental light. I will have one girl in there that I have grown before. I will have something to gage it by.

I want to also try something a little different in this tent on this run when flipping to flower. What I want to change is the procedure most people do of just one day flipping from 18/6 to 12/12. What I want to do is to maintain the same DLI from veg into flower. This means as I pull back in daylight time, I increase the ppfd to maintain the same DLI each change in time of running. It's more of a natural transition than one day you're running 18 hours of light and then the next day you're only getting 12 hours of light.
I think my best bet for this first run is to veg for roughly 30 days and then begin this transition. By this time they should be hitting a fairly decent DLI and relatively decent intensity. They should be well established enough to take the increase in intensity without adverse reactions. I just have to sit down and actually calculate the figures and to set the schedule of increasing the lights. At that particular time, their root structure should be well established in the Earth box junior for roughly two weeks of full res fills. The girls should be able to handle the increase in light intensity with no problems. I think 7 to 10 days should be in easy transition. I think it made me best to do a defol just before the changes. Would be a good time to make some clones.

I do think that since I am going to be augmenting with CO2, I think the girls will be able to take the transition much easier. I'm not supplementing for Max results, just a bit supplemental. I think I'm going to shoot for right at 1000.
Here's my new 20lb CO2 bottle I got in. The 20 pound bottles are more readily available in my area I realized that you just couldn't have just one bottle Especially when it's not assured you'll get it immediately or in a few days. I just couldn't take the chance and why do so?
IMG_20240426_193807160.jpg

Here's where I will post my more in depth actions and results in this test.

Well, I think I have all the tents worked out and fully tested the heating and electrical loads.
Since I took a bit longer break than I had intended, I'm going to abandon the seed making for the tangie And instead plant some Sour Stomper in the 3x3 tent. By the time they finish, hopefully the Asian haze sprouted and I have clones that will be ready to make seeds with. I've never grown a Stomper in an Earthbox Jr and I can test my new Grassroots Living Earth 3 gallon bags. I'll probably just pop 3 or 4, but I'm really inclining to just try and fill the tent. I probably won't fill the tent and leave room for the Asian haze clones and any others I might take. I could plant the stompers and wait two weeks to plant the other, but there's been a long enough delay anyway.

The 2 20 gallon bags in a four by four tent will get Twenty20 Trainwreck and Dutch Passion CBG ForCE. The two Earthbox Jrs will get Dutch Passion CBD Skunk Haze and Greenhouse Seed Trainwreck X Jack Herer(That should be an interesting combo)

The 2X4 tent will get three juniors with Seedstockers RUCU CUCU, Jean_O's Crazy S1 and And I just picked one of the strains that my veteran friend gave me .........Skywalker.

The five Earthbox Jrs are already potted up with the first Top dressing and covers on. I use some of my recently harvested EWC along with worms for the initial top dressing with the old Top dressing that I pulled off my 20GALLON pots as finishing off the nutrient mound. I'll pot up the remaining junior today and probably wait on the three gallon bags until the day of transplant.

I'll be soaking the new pucks in a weak Rootwise solution and then just direct plant. That will be done in my new AC Infinity propagation dome inside the 3x3 tent with using the tent lights. I'll be using the same pucks and the dome when taking clones and then that's when I will use the dome's lights. It was just too warm inside the dome when using the lights inside the tent when I was testing everything out.

The only other thing I'm doing today is chopping and dropping the cover crop in the 2 20 gallon bags. It did go pretty crazy in growth!

Back